pixeltracker

Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread- Page 30

Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#725Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread
Posted: 4/28/19 at 10:05pm

Tony Awards 2019: We Predict the Nominees, From ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ to ‘Tootsie’

https://www.thewrap.com/tony-award-predict-nomination-to-kill-mockingbird-tootsie-oklahoma/

Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#726Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread
Posted: 4/28/19 at 11:53pm

Interview with Ben Brantley and Jesse Green about this past season, with a hint that Brantley wasn't a fan of Tootsie:

https://youtu.be/PHeo9Xbfvao?t=735

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#727Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread
Posted: 4/29/19 at 9:15am

Here are my final predictions, locking them in! Its been fun predicting the nominations with you guys, especially since this season is the first Ive consistently attended before the Tonys, can't wait for tomorrow! 

BEST MUSICAL: 

Ain't Too Proud 

Be More Chill 

Hadestown 

Tootsie 

The Prom 

BEST PLAY: 

The Ferryman 

Choir Boy 

Ink 

To Kill A Mockingbird 

What The Constitution Means To Me 

BEST REVIVAL OF A PLAY: 

All My Sons 

Burn This  

Torch Song 

The Waverly Gallery 

I ultimately think one of the The Boys In The Band and Torch Song will get cut, and with Urie hosting the drama desks and the show running a little later in the season gives it an edge. 

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#728Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread
Posted: 4/29/19 at 9:34am

"Heidi Schreck is clearly brilliant and charming, but it felt like a beautifully personal stand-up routine/ law school lecture. Hard to think of her along the same lines as Sorkin or Metcalf, if that makes any sense? Just not sure what dictates a production into that "special category"....?"

The very fact that you say this proves exactly WHY Heidi is deserving of a nomination. It's a non-traditional performance but an astounding performance none the less in which the character she is playing is herself. That you so thoroughly believe she is delivering "a stand-up routine" sort of beautifully illustrates just how seamless the performance is. 

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#729Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread
Posted: 4/29/19 at 10:26am

Agreed, TFMH18. I’d equate it to the way John Leguizamo brilliantly performs any of his theatrical works. Heidi belongs in the Best Play and Best Actress conversation.

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#730Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread
Posted: 4/30/19 at 5:28pm

I know there's enough boasting on these boards but the below from a few days ago, in response to my saying that it's a two-horse race between Ferryman and Constitution, is too sweet not to re-post :) 

"A woman telling her own story and people listening is a great narrative. But an awards-darling producer with a production of an American literary classic (by a much-respected writer who has never won) chock-full of Broadway veterans that is selling out, has recouped, and is touring is a far bigger Tony threat. With that said, I think Ferryman actually ends up taking it, but I see Mockingbird as a close 2nd with Constitution a very distant 3rd."

BenElliott Profile Photo
BenElliott
#731Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread
Posted: 4/30/19 at 11:02pm

After seeing Burn This, Brandon Uranowitz would have my vote for featured actor.

Broadway61004
#732Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread
Posted: 5/1/19 at 10:43am

TFMH18 said: "I know there's enough boasting on these boards but the below from a few days ago, in response to my sayingthat it's a two-horse race between Ferryman and Constitution, is too sweet not to re-post :)

"A woman telling her own story and people listening is a great narrative. But an awards-darling producer with a production of an American literary classic (by a much-respected writer who has never won) chock-full of Broadway veterans that is selling out, has recouped, and is touring is afar bigger Tony threat. With that said, I think Ferryman actually ends up taking it, but I see Mockingbird as a close 2nd with Constitution a very distant 3rd."
"

TFMH18, what can I say--you certainly proved me wrong on that one! I still don't see Constitution topping Ferryman, but yes, it clearly emerged as more of a contender than Mockingbird haha. So good call with that one!

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#733Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread
Posted: 5/1/19 at 4:58pm

^^WOW, a friendly exchange on these boards? We're all winners here! :))