pixeltracker

Cursed Child covers/understudies - Page 8

Cursed Child covers/understudies

Lauren2
#175Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 12/2/18 at 10:06pm

I have seen John as Harry! He was very good! John looks more like what I thought Harry would look like in this show. Nothing but good things to say. Having seen John and Jamie though I will say I think Jamie has more power.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#176Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 12/2/18 at 11:34pm

Yours and a few others here said that he was very good. Makes me curious. I've seen the other Jamies/Harrys on the West End and I thought they were fine. Would love to see another take on the character. :)

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#177Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 12/3/18 at 11:06am

Saw the show with John & Nathan yesterday! 

Nathan slipped into the group effortlessly, and did a great job with the role. He worked to earn his own laughs, in different ways then Anthony. He noticeably plays the role less neurotic then Anthony, and I was missing some of the anxious energy that Anthony so clearly has branded Scorpius with. On the other hand, he made conscious decisions to deliver lines differently then Anthony, which I think is really admirable. He was wonderful, nonetheless.

John Skelley was fine as Harry - he did everything he needed to, and I can't imagine having to jump into that role. His voice was deeper than Jamie's which was took some acclimatizing, and he projected a lot as if he wasn't wearing a microphone which was distracting. All in all he did a good job, and I'm sure folks who didn't pay attention had no idea he was an understudy.

This also gave me a great opportunity to pay even closer attention to the main cast, who I've seen a bunch. I am continually in awe of Alex Price as Draco, who is constantly changing his line deliveries and clearly finding new depths in the character. Poppy, Paul & Noma are also unbelievably present & in the moment, and watching them onstage feels like watching them do it for the first time. Major props to them.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#178Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 12/9/18 at 12:06am

Lots of understudies today...

Adeola Role for Noma Dumezweni
Shirine Babb for Adeola

Stephen Bradbury for Edward Hyland
John Skelley for Stephen

James Brown III for Brian Abraham
Dave Register for James

Alanna Saunders for Lauren Cipoletti

Scott Drummond for Stuart Ward

Side note: Stuart hasn't been in the show for a while it seems. Maybe he's injuried...?

Danielle0314
#179Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 12/11/18 at 9:58am

Good call, didn't realize he was out that long. Injury or maybe off filming some other project?

I'm guessing a lot of main players are taking early holiday breaks before the big Christmas rush. Just a guess :)

Danielle0314
#180Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 12/12/18 at 4:01pm

Nathan is on for Scorpius today, and Malika is on for Rose!

Lauren2
#181Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 12/12/18 at 5:25pm

Nathan has been going on a lot lately! So excited for him. He is great! Also I wish I saw Malika as Rose. Has anyone seen her in that role? How is she?

Danielle0314
#182Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 12/17/18 at 10:25am

Alanna made her debut as Rose yesterday! Heard she did very well :)

HeatherAV
#183Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 12/20/18 at 10:35am

Does anyone know if were any understudies on yesterday?  I'm seeing the show on Sunday so I'm wondering if anyone is out this week - and maybe who I'll get to see on Sunday! :)  

Danielle0314
#184Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 12/20/18 at 10:59am

HeatherAV said: "Does anyone know if were any understudies on yesterday? I'm seeing the show on Sunday so I'm wondering if anyone is out this week - and maybe who I'll get to see on Sunday! :)"

Yesterday's cast board, the main 7 were in! https://twitter.com/AmeliaBriceno/status/1075458442490462218

12/19/18 Cast Board

Updated On: 12/20/18 at 10:59 AM