pixeltracker

Loren Lott to Lead Once On This Island- Page 3

Loren Lott to Lead Once On This Island

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#50Loren Lott to Lead Once On This Island
Posted: 7/22/18 at 11:18pm

It’s still a male understudy, Rodrick Covington. He posted he’ll be going on August 10th and 11th.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

7thbighero
#51Loren Lott to Lead Once On This Island
Posted: 7/23/18 at 12:45pm

ChairinMain said: "You know, it is just baffling to me this production doesn't have female understudies for Papa Ge. At least it didn't when It opened and that seems to still be the case. I can understand maybe not having a spare male actor on hand who can nail "Mamma will Provide", but Papa Ge has no such vocal challanges and if Dandridge goes out, the dynamic of those scenes shift in a big way with a male actor. Any thoughts on this?"

the dyamic will change, but I don’t think necessarily for the worse. The character is written as male, and as excellent as Merle and Tamara have been, I’m curious how a male Papa Ge will be in this particular production 

VintageSnarker
#52Loren Lott to Lead Once On This Island
Posted: 7/23/18 at 1:30pm

EllieRose2 said: ""The vast majority of the audience for this show has no idea who Hailey Kilgore or Isaac Powell are and won’t be bothered in the least that they’re out."

There's no truth to that, and you can't possibly know that. Have you been there every single week and have taken a census of who knows and who does not know them? Nope. A lot of people go to the theater to see a specific actor or actress.
"

In the abstract, yes, I don't think the two leads have much box office pull. But I also think it's an unjustified assumption to say the vast majority of the audience doesn't know who they are. You don't know who is seeing this show unless you work at the box office, as an usher, etc. I'd be curious. As BobbyBubby pointed out, actors who interact with fans on social media are becoming the ones that young people are familiar with. Hailey is the one who leads that broadway.com vlog.

JON111699
#53Loren Lott to Lead Once On This Island
Posted: 9/1/18 at 8:00pm

Hailey just posted on her Instagram Story that she’ll be back in the show on Tuesday.

NievesG Profile Photo
NievesG
#54Loren Lott to Lead Once On This Island
Posted: 9/1/18 at 8:26pm

poisonivy2 said: "For instance in Angels in America I don't think Lane or Garfield ever missed a show but had they missed people would have wanted refunds."

Actually, not related to this board completely, but when I saw AIA in May, Mark Nelson went on as Cohn in Perestroika. Since we picked up our tickets at will call, we were told several times. I don't think a lot of people read the insert because when Nelson appeared, there was a little bit of surprise (and grumbling) in the theater. 

That being said, I think this show would do well with a number of different faces and I wished I could have seen several people perform.

Glad to hear Kilgore will be back soon, though!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#55Loren Lott to Lead Once On This Island
Posted: 9/2/18 at 5:54am

Saw the she on Saturday's matinee. We hesitated and hesitated buying tix, hoping theyd show up on TDF.
(It didnt)

I know it's not a big nyc weekend, but sheesh, from the look of the theater, it didnt look like they sold any tix after I bought mine Friday night...I can't imagine this isnt at tkts.

Such a shame.

A few understudies, which was fine. We did get to see Alex Newell, which was great as he was the only one we missed when seeing it in April. Could barely understand the words he sang, but boy can he sing! I didn't find him as disengaged as much as others have said.

Love this production, too bad it cant garner a better audience.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#56Loren Lott to Lead Once On This Island
Posted: 9/2/18 at 10:50am

The show is almost always up at TKTS, and usually at 50% off. Such a shame it's not selling better. I just don't see it making it into 2019.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#57Loren Lott to Lead Once On This Island
Posted: 9/2/18 at 10:53am

Sadly, I agree.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.