Broadway in Bryant Park

BroadwayNoob
#1Broadway in Bryant Park
Posted: 8/15/18 at 12:03am

My friends and I are heading in to the city to go to Broadway in Bryant Park. I know it starts at 12:30, but I'm assuming we should get there earlier to grab a seat since I know BMC is performing and I'm scared of the fans lol. I know they do sound check beforehand too - what time is that, and am I allowed to keep my seat throughout sound check and in to the performance? Any other tips/pointers I should know?

Thanks!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Broadway in Bryant Park
Posted: 8/15/18 at 2:38am

Yes, once you stake out your spot, you stay. This is a real informal gig. There are chairs at the park but you could bring a blanket. I'd get there by 11.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

cathyfromlex2
#3Broadway in Bryant Park
Posted: 8/15/18 at 6:19am

I was there last week.  We got there around 11 or so and were able to grab a great table on the side in the shade.  We saw the entire sound check and performance.  There were some little give-a-ways in the front of the park behind the stage like fans, which were most appreciated.  Enjoy!

Sarah329
#4Broadway in Bryant Park
Posted: 8/15/18 at 11:48am

I know they announced the shows that will be performing, but has anyone heard which cast members from each show are going? I know in the past weeks they announced it 2 days before but I haven’t heard anything.

rigbyismydog
#5Broadway in Bryant Park
Posted: 8/15/18 at 2:43pm

I’m not sure if this is confirmed, but at the end of this article they give a list of names and the shows that will be preforming tomorrow. https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Will-Roland-George-Salazar-More-Will-Perform-at-Broadway-in-Bryant-Park-This-Week-20180815

CorkySt.Clair Profile Photo
CorkySt.Clair
#6Broadway in Bryant Park
Posted: 8/16/18 at 9:12am

So, I guess at this it’s pretty possible that BMC will be there (I’m personally v curious to see the fans in action). Does anyone know why Wicked was listed on some of the articles? My sister even said that performers she follows on Instagram we’re talking about Wicked being there as soon as yesterday. I’m so excited to go, no matter what shows are there, but does anyone know for sure what shows will be there?

Videos