pixeltracker

'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?- Page 3

'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?

theaterwiz414
#50'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/28/18 at 3:45pm

While I might not have phrased my response to this correctly, I stand by my opinion. That’s what the poster asked. I did Not asked to be attacked by you all for expressing an opinion. Do all of you attack everyone who’s opinions are different than yours? Or do you respect it, and move on, because I’m sure you have better things to do?

I respect the thought, understand the importance of needing more diversity on broadway, but I’m not sure if this would work as a musical.

I might not have expressed my opinion is the best way, but you all didn’t need to come at me the way you all did.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#51'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/28/18 at 3:47pm

Well, perhaps you'd like to enlighten people as to why you hold that opinion. What do you feel makes Crazy Rich Asians unsuited to a musical adaptation?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#52'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/28/18 at 3:53pm

I adored this movie and am totally on board for a musical adaptation, on one condition: get Phillipa Soo in the cast. Thank you!

theaterwiz414
#53'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/28/18 at 4:28pm

Kad said: "Well, perhaps you'd like to enlighten people as to why you hold that opinion. What do you feel makes Crazy Rich Asians unsuited to a musical adaptation?"

Or since you’ve been incredibly rude to me, you could tell me why you think it would work onstage. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#54'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/28/18 at 4:35pm

Where have I been incredibly rude to you?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

theaterwiz414
#55'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/28/18 at 4:41pm

I mean people on here in general. Why can’t we respect other people’s opinioms and not attack them if they feel differently? People are allowed to disagree. They actually don’t owe anyone an explanation. 

Updated On: 9/29/18 at 04:41 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#56'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/28/18 at 4:49pm

How is offering the sole dissenting opinion without any sort of explanation as to why you feel that way helpful to anyone in a conversation?

Also, no one was attacking you. And, even more accurately, no one was putting you down for having a different opinion. It was entirely about how you presented it, which was curt and inexplicable.

Updated On: 9/28/18 at 04:49 PM

theaterwiz414
#57'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/28/18 at 4:55pm

I said how I felt about the topic of this thread. . I’m done with this conversation. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#58'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/28/18 at 5:00pm

If this how you have conversations, you're gonna have a lot of fun here.

theaterwiz414
#59'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/28/18 at 5:02pm

Kad said: "If this how you have conversations, you're gonna have a lot of fun here."

Aren’t you charming. Seriously, was I not allowed to express my opinion? Leave me alone. Thanks! 

theaterwiz414
#60'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/28/18 at 5:06pm

Kad said: "If this how you have conversations, you're gonna have a lot of fun here."

And everyone who wouldn’t let me express my opinion is going to have a fun life 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#61'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/28/18 at 5:10pm

I honestly don't understand how you think asking for backup for an opinion is in any way preventing you from expressing it.

And, also? You were the one who rudely came after me before I was ever harsh with you. Check yourself first.

theaterwiz414
#62'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/28/18 at 5:14pm

Valentina3 said: "theaterwiz414 said: "Am am I really not allowed to disagree on this?"

You totally are. What you're not allowed to do (or rather, get away with) is insulting what other people want. You don't want to watch this particular adaptation, don't watch it. I feel the same way about a great many things which other folks love, I don't go ahead and tell them the art they love wasn't "needed". I tell them it's not my thing if I'm asked my opinion, and let them enjoy it regardless. I expect the same from them.

"Please don’t put words in my mouth. I never said it wasn’t needed. If I did, please show me where I said that. 

theaterwiz414
#63'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/28/18 at 5:17pm

Kad said: "I honestly don't understand how you think asking for backup for an opinion is in any way preventing you from expressing it.

And, also? You were the one who rudelycame after mebefore I was ever harsh with you. Check yourself first.
"

Oh my goodness. I answered the OPs question about it as a musical. I don’t think it would work. Is it fun to picture? Dream cast? Sure. Does that mean it should be turned into a musical? In my opinion, no. That’s all. 

Niles Silvers
#64'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/28/18 at 7:42pm

You could actually be right, who knows?  There, someone sort of agreed with you and now you can go in peace.  Have a nice weekend (not said facetiously).  

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#65'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/28/18 at 9:07pm

Some people have now been conditioned to think that every part of the Internet is their own Tumblr account where they can say whatever they want without anyone responding.

Wayman_Wong
#66'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/28/18 at 9:34pm

Meantime, here's a pretty good parody: ''Crazy Cheap Asians.''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6mAo8rk1qc

Updated On: 9/28/18 at 09:34 PM

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#67'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/28/18 at 10:38pm

Wayman_Wong said: "Meantime, here's a pretty good parody: ''Crazy Cheap Asians.''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6mAo8rk1qc
"

I love that parody!

theaterwiz414
#68'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/29/18 at 12:20am

Niles Silvers said: "You could actually be right, who knows? There, someone sort of agreed with you and now you can go in peace. Have a nice weekend (not said facetiously)."

Does this mean oh all think you’re right? Does that mean no one is allowed to say it wouldn’t work as a musical? Oh, heaven forbid someone has a different opinion than yours! 

theaterwiz414
#69'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 9/29/18 at 1:02am

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "Some people have now been conditioned to think that every part of the Internet is their own Tumblr account where they can say whatever they want without anyone responding."

And some people have been conditioned to think only their opinions matter, and will immediately go after anyone who feels differently. (Was this directed at me? Your comment. I hope not because I am very much aware that people will respond if I say something. And I don’t have Tumblr). 

yinyang1195
#70'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 10/1/18 at 12:33am

Ruthie Ann Miles as Rachel (I literally thought this the whole time watching the movie)
Ethan Le Phong as Nick
Lea Salonga as Eleanor
Rachelle Ann Go as Astrid
Kimiko Glenn as Goh Peik

Also would love to see Ashley Park and Philippa Soo in there somewhere

Niles Silvers
#71'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?
Posted: 10/1/18 at 2:16am

ok, I see your troll.  I take back the nice words.