Times Square Theatre?

zainmax
HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#26Times Square Theatre?
Posted: 9/18/18 at 9:47pm

Forbes didn't break it, and it also got at least one of the details wrong. (And it's a biggie, the term.)

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#27Times Square Theatre?
Posted: 9/19/18 at 10:52am

The official release in the Wall Street Journal:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/final-holdout-of-times-squares-rejuvenation-to-get-100-million-makeover-1537270265

I wish it included more pictures, but alas. One cool feature that might be difficult to see here: there is a glass floor and window structure that juts out away from the facade. So the columns of the facade will stay, with the ability to step past them onto this glass observation area to look down on 42nd street. 

MayAudraBlessYou2
#28Times Square Theatre?
Posted: 9/19/18 at 10:59am

Yes the Forbes piece is a bit uninformed. They get the terms wrong. And also bypass or ignore many details about past deals and why they fell through. 

bonniem2
#29Times Square Theatre?
Posted: 9/19/18 at 12:33pm

I heard they're converting it to retail space. Shame it probably won't be a theatre again, it's such a beautiful building.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#30Times Square Theatre?
Posted: 9/20/18 at 1:28pm

bonniem2 said: "I heard they're converting it to retail space. Shame it probably won't be a theatre again, it's such a beautiful building."

Restoration Announced For Historic Times Square Theater At 215 West 42nd Street

https://newyorkyimby.com/2018/09/restoration-announced-for-historic-times-square-theater-at-215-west-42nd-street.html

Times Square Theatre?

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

vampire musical
#31Times Square Theatre?
Posted: 9/20/18 at 2:13pm

HogansHero said: "Forbes didn't break it, and it also got at least one of the details wrong. (And it's a biggie, the term.)"

What is the term? 

MayAudraBlessYou2
#32Times Square Theatre?
Posted: 9/20/18 at 2:34pm

Forbes incorrectly says they signed a 25 year lease. Its actually a 73 year lease, as described in WSJ

vampire musical
#33Times Square Theatre?
Posted: 9/20/18 at 2:43pm

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "Forbes incorrectly says they signed a 25 year lease. Its actually a 73 year lease, as described in WSJ"

Thank you! Quite a big difference! I look forward to milling about the store without buying anything and loudly complaining about what a great theatre it could have been. 

littlemouse921 Profile Photo
littlemouse921
#34Times Square Theatre?
Posted: 11/1/18 at 7:39pm

Hey everyone this is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I'm working on a case study for this site and I was wondering if anyone could direct me to any interesting books, journals or articles about the history of this theatre (or others from around the same time). Also if anyone knows where to find any of the official proposals/plans for this latest redevelopment that would be swell too

Thanks!

Videos