pixeltracker

What is still to be announced for 2018-19 season ?- Page 3

What is still to be announced for 2018-19 season ?

oldfriends
#50What is still to be announced for 2018-19 season ?
Posted: 10/29/18 at 12:57pm

CT2NYC said: "dphibbs94 said: "I saw Oklahoma at St. Ann's last night and I'm confident it's going to take CITS. Maybe not this season but definitely after OOTI closes."

I can't see it ever transferring to Broadway. I loved it, but it wouldn't be the same. The St. Ann's experience is a big part of what makes it so special, and I think itwould lose a lot in a mainstream venue.
"

I know for a fact that the outside producers attached brought it to St. Ann's with the intention of transferring to Broadway. I highly doubt it would actually happen, as it is very experimental (and as other posters have said, logistically challenging). But, they do want it to transfer.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#51What is still to be announced for 2018-19 season ?
Posted: 10/29/18 at 1:08pm

As of a month ago, Yiddish FIDDLER was planning to move to a different Off-Broadway house for a commercial run in 2019. There have never been Broadway plans, that was a marketing tactic to try to draw interest. (And many people fell for it!)

BwayinVan
#52What is still to be announced for 2018-19 season ?
Posted: 10/31/18 at 1:12am

I wonder what this season’s hot ticket will be. I always love grabbing a cheap ticket for May around now and then watch the prices soar as awards season picks up.

roamermark
#53What is still to be announced for 2018-19 season ?
Posted: 10/31/18 at 7:12am

roamermark said: "Reasonably sure that Circle in the Square is no option for Hadestown...I just saw the set backstage at the National Theatre in London and it's massive....a behemoth. meant for a proscenium (or thrust as the National's Olivier is).

Also - I have tickets for January in London...just sayin'

going to try and post a pic to show you the size of the H-town set.   The ladders in the photos are proper 12 foot stepladders.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qR-JjERzZM4gJBJr7H87-B5Z9KzdrG-m

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12mYxvDRkn4vz1tynzgQ4W5Y5AKk41v32

dphibbs94
#54What is still to be announced for 2018-19 season ?
Posted: 10/31/18 at 9:41am

As of right now it looks like the only theatre that doesn't have a show booked yet is the Kerr. Based on the size of the Hadestown set I don't think they'll go for the Kerr, so maybe Girl From the North Country?

Does anyone think Waitress is going to close in January and Hadestown could take the Atkinson? I'd say the Belasco as well, but I have a feeling Network will extend to make an attempt to recoup. The Hudson has Burn This they just haven't announced it. I don't think OOTI is going to close before the end of this season after announcing Michelle Williams (But they wouldn't take CITS anyways). 

Sorry this seems kind of rambly, just trying to get some thoughts together. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#55What is still to be announced for 2018-19 season ?
Posted: 10/31/18 at 11:01am

BwayinVan said: "I wonder what this season’s hot ticket will be. I always love grabbing a cheap ticket for May around now and then watch the prices soar as awards season picks up."

The Cher Show appears to be selling very well currently.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.