News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for oldfriends

Member Name: oldfriends
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Loudest gasp you've heard in the theatre  Feb 17 2020, 08:49:05 PM
When I saw The Thin Place, the word was correctly guessed by an audience member — and I gasped, shocked, but no one else seemed surprised that this person guessed it. I was embarrassed, ngl.

Also Hangmen for me, although I know many people “saw it coming” - I also figured it out before the reveal, and gasped during an unrelated scene — turning heads and again making a fool of myself!

I also remember audible screams at Gloria — but my brain seems to have blocked that play out du

Glick in Little Shop  Nov 5 2019, 10:39:16 PM

Any reports from tonight?

Seared @ MCC  Oct 15 2019, 01:41:47 AM

What's the current run time for this? Seeing it next week and trying to plan my night afterwards. Thanks!

Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!  Sep 3 2019, 08:43:00 PM

Hearing rumors that Ethan Slater will be in this!

HERCULES to Play the Public Theatre this summer!!  Sep 1 2019, 06:08:36 PM
So how does the lotto work? Once you hear your lotto number called, you go up and give them your ticket and then they give you your pair of tickets? Or do you need to verify with your Patron ID? My wife and I are waiting, and we got our two tickets mixed up - we don’t know which Patron ID belongs to which lotto number. Are we screwed?
HERCULES to Play the Public Theatre this summer!!  Aug 30 2019, 04:50:12 PM
Anybody currently in the standby line? How’s it looking?
DADDY previews (New Group/Vineyard co production at Signature)  Feb 23 2019, 07:57:35 PM
Tonight’s performance was abruptly cancelled at 6:30 via email due to ‘actor illness.’ Had friend who was meant to go - just texted me. Must be that they hadn’t rehearsed the understudy. Still, really sucks to cancel that late - and it sucks the official twitter and Jeremy O Harris didn’t tweet about it.
ALL ABOUT EVE in the West End  Feb 9 2019, 04:11:32 PM

hpeabody930 said: "I was at the first preview on Saturday. Sonia Friedman came out beforehand saying that the company had not yet run the full show with tech, nor had they finished teching the end of the play, but that they were going to go for it.

There's not a particularly delicate way to put this but.... it was terrible. The direction and production on the whole were so pretentious and unfocused, it's hard to imagine it getting much better. Performances are fine

Favourite scene transitions?  Dec 31 2018, 11:45:04 AM

The transition from Another National Anthem into the Lee Harvey Oswald scene in Assassins. Was done with such theatricality in the original production (less so in the 2004 Broadway staging).

Lehman Trilogy Discount Code?  Dec 23 2018, 11:24:59 AM

Hey all,

Just checked the Armory's website and the price points for the Lehman Trilogy are absolutely bonkers.....$300 is the price for the bulk of the seating in the house? Dear lord. 

Anybody know of a discount code? Can't afford it otherwise. (Sat very last row at Yerma and felt miles away - so I'm not spending $75 for last row.)

Thanks! 

Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...  Dec 16 2018, 10:12:12 AM

jonah3500 said: "Oldfriends, front row orch is the table seating."

Ah! Thanks for letting me know. Sat there at St. Ann's and I found it enjoyable. 

Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...  Dec 16 2018, 09:53:02 AM

dollyfan said: "CT2NYC said: "All will be revealed in a couple of hours, but, FYI. the app/mobile lists the price range from $49.50 - $129.50, with the following seating chart:

Where do you think the best view will be? Like what section will havethe best view?"

Interesting that they don't seem to be doing the "on-stage" table seating for Broadway, at least according to this seating chart. I wonder why - it'll certainly change at least some of the blocking, specifically with Will Parker.

TOOTSIE Marquee at Marquis  Nov 30 2018, 09:51:12 AM

Is that supposed to be a lipstick smear? It looks like a sperm. 

The New One Rush  Nov 23 2018, 03:35:15 PM

Has anyone tried the rush for this? What do you think my chances would be of showing up an hour before curtain and getting a ticket?

What is still to be announced for 2018-19 season ?  Oct 29 2018, 12:57:05 PM

CT2NYC said: "dphibbs94 said: "I saw Oklahoma at St. Ann's last night and I'm confident it's going to take CITS. Maybe not this season but definitely after OOTI closes."

I can't see it ever transferring to Broadway. I loved it, but it wouldn't be the same. The St. Ann's experience is a big part of what makes it so special, and I think itwould lose a lot in a mainstream venue.
"

I know for a fact that the outside pr

NETWORK is Officially Moving from the Cort to the Belasco  Oct 1 2018, 02:09:54 PM

Just bought my Foodwork ticket - very excited. Do we think they'll have as extensive of a menu as the National production? They downsized the amount of seats on stage by half, so there's less people to cook for/serve. 

The menu at the National looked like this: https://www.diaryofalondoness.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Foodwork-Menu.jpg

Any thoughts? I believe the National's menu was a deconstructed send up of a classic 70s meal, if I'm not mistaken.

PLAYBILL Covers of the 2018-2019 Season  Sep 23 2018, 01:43:38 PM

Wow. LOVE this.

THIS AIN'T NO DISCO Workshop Cast?  Sep 20 2018, 05:22:47 PM

Caissie Levy played Binky in the workshop.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Sep 4 2018, 05:44:48 PM

If you still have them in your cart, I'm ready!

Daniel Fish-Directed OKLAHOMA! Lassos its Way to St. Ann's Warehouse  Aug 28 2018, 04:36:01 PM

Got my ticket in the TodayTix fire sale a few days ago, and it was labeled "On-Stage Seating." Looking at the seating chart, there are no seats on stage - do you think I just got table seating? Or is this immersive?

Also, to ColorTheHours048, what's the "cornbread and chili tier"?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You