Mean Girls Sunday Evening

mariodelagarza Profile Photo
mariodelagarza
#1Mean Girls Sunday Evening
Posted: 11/20/18 at 3:21pm

Hi! I'm planning a weekend getaway to NYC on May/June, and the show I want to see the most is Mean Girls. I just realized they now have a Sunday evening performance instead of the Wednesday matinee, and it fits perfectly in my schedule. I just want to ask, as an "extra" performance, do you think the principal roles are played by understudies in the Sunday evening performance? I really want to catch the original cast! Thanks!

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#2Mean Girls Sunday Evening
Posted: 11/20/18 at 3:35pm

It's not technically an "extra" performance--that's the normal schedule outside of the holidays! They do a Sunday evening show in lieu of the Wednesday matinee.

As for the principal roles, I went to a Sunday evening show a few weeks ago and all of them were on. There's never any guarantees (ie, vacations, illness/injury, etc) but since it's a regular performance I believe that typically everyone is on.

ItsMeRaul Profile Photo
ItsMeRaul
#3Mean Girls Sunday Evening
Posted: 11/20/18 at 4:13pm

By May/June I’d imagine that many of the original cast will have moved on.

MadsonMelo
#4Mean Girls Sunday Evening
Posted: 11/20/18 at 4:44pm

By June I really doubt most of the original cast will still be on

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#5Mean Girls Sunday Evening
Posted: 11/20/18 at 5:35pm

When schools let out they will change the schedule back to Wednesday matinees, and there will be only one show on Sunday at 3pm.  After March you won't find the majority of the original cast there either.  

mariodelagarza Profile Photo
mariodelagarza
#6Mean Girls Sunday Evening
Posted: 11/20/18 at 6:42pm

Thank you so much for the info guys!

Updated On: 11/20/18 at 06:42 PM

Videos