News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LuPita2

LuPita2 Profile Photo
Member Name: LuPita2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?  Dec 30 2022, 02:13:22 AM

tthomas76 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I’m never gonna get Megan Hilty as Audrey in this production, am I? "

That’s who I’m wishing for!!! I’ll be there on the 15th.
"

Megan Hilty is mourning the devastating loss of 4 of her family members. Her focus wont be entertaining anyone for a very long time. The mere suggestion is insensitive and distasteful. 

NY NY casting  Dec 28 2022, 08:39:47 PM

If the female lead is actually Anna Uzele (who no one has ever heard of) this will fail miserably.

"Here is a new musical from a movie that barely anyone under 50 has ever seen, 300 dollar tickets and starring a woman that no one knows!"

They seem like geniuses. 

NY NY casting  Dec 28 2022, 03:57:52 PM

It doesn't matter that you think two musicals debuting in the Spring are completely different. They are two musicals opening around the same time. When looking at tickets to both, one can see that one is selling great and has an awesome cast. The other one is over priced and has no casting announced.

NY NY casting  Dec 28 2022, 03:43:42 PM

It's not selling well, it has no discounts, and a decent seat is 300 dollars. They better have A+++++ talent for this one. Camelot has great discounts, has announced their stellar cast and is selling well. 

New York, New York: This ain't the move. Take note. 

Fight/Disruption at Death of a Salesman 12/27  Dec 28 2022, 01:23:49 PM

Oh, if I could have jumped from the front row of the dress circle to scoop her and throw her out of the building myself, I would have. Why anyone would come to a show angry and drunk, then ruin things for everyone in the theater working or enjoying the show is beyond me. Mr. Pierce was full of grace and class as always. Ugh. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/25/22  Dec 28 2022, 01:17:19 PM

poisonivy2 said: I'm actually surprised the usual suspects haven't started saying "Broadway needs to only produce shows that appeal to white people" in this thread .

All anyone needs to do is look at the Ain't No Mo closing thread. They allll showed themselves and boy is it ugly. 

If there are any beings more fragile, delicate and privileged than white men in America, they have yet to be discovered or studied.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/25/22  Dec 28 2022, 12:46:20 PM

Ensemble1671017357 said:  Don't you mean "Black trans woman"?"

Excuse me? 

West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?  Dec 23 2022, 03:04:21 PM

CreatureKitchen said: "Lmao this is a weird hill to die on LuPita. No one’s saying he’s Arnold Schwarzenegger, but he’s undeniably buff and athletic. He clearly works out a lot, which…good for him? It’s really not that big of a deal, and I don’t think anyone is seriously suggesting he change his body to play this role. The other user was just pointing out that he looks buff in a way that you wouldn’t expect a starving artist in 1930s Berlin to l

West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?  Dec 23 2022, 02:03:37 PM

Lol. Not at all but I guess you don't watch any sports, go to the gym, or have ever seen body builders. Because nope, they are not. Thanks for the laugh today though! 

West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?  Dec 23 2022, 11:58:11 AM

Gigantic biceps? Lol. Not in any world. Great recording though, love Eddie's weirdness. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/18/22  Dec 21 2022, 05:27:16 PM

And 8th Avenue is certainly far better than Broadway/7th Avenue, where you have to dodge: (1) people hawking their CDs, (2) various Elmos, (3) tourists who've clearly never seen a light-up multimedia display before, (4) random performances of people dancing in the streets while pickpockets look for an opportunity, (5) way more aggressive halal cart guys than the halal cart guys on 8th, etc

Ain't that the truth! Whew! 

BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023  Dec 21 2022, 01:03:07 PM

Chase Miller said: "If they wanted a celebrity for Marty, Josh Hutcherson would be perfect."

The guy from the Hunger Games? He's never done theater and is 30. So, probably not. 

Casey Likes for the win! 

THE COLLABORATION Reviews & Extension  Dec 20 2022, 10:42:09 PM

Basically every critic hated this with a passion it seems? That really sucks considering the talent involved. Interesting. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/18/22  Dec 20 2022, 10:35:48 PM

ManOfLaMuncha said: The other thing is fear of the crime in NYC. It's pretty scary when you get out of a show and you're walking over to Times Square in a sea of people, then suddenly the crowd is thinning, thinning....gone. You can't find a cab, and you're cutting up a poorly lit side street to get over to Grand Central Station.

Wow. Literally none of that is true. Like, not one of those things are based in fact. Do you watch NewsMax and Tucker on the daily or

ALMOST FAMOUS closing on January 8  Dec 19 2022, 07:19:26 PM

quizking101 said: "I guess this frees up Casey Likes for BACK TO THE FUTURE"

I think of him every time I hear the cast recording. I think he would be ideal for Marty. 

Best & Worst Best Book of a Musical Tony Winners?  Dec 19 2022, 07:06:24 PM

I enjoyed Tootsie but I didn't think it was worthy of ANY awards, honestly. 

What's next for the Jacobs?  Dec 19 2022, 06:58:34 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "Could Sing Street aim for the Jacobs? I didn't know if they wanted to be in the current season or wait till next season."

I'm honestly afraid for that show given it was not a hugely popular movie (unlike The Notebook) and it's been trying for so many years to get any traction. It was successful in Boston but not everything needs to come to Broadway and without stars, I don't see it succeeding unfortunately. 

SeatGeek's New Fees  Dec 19 2022, 06:54:15 PM

Yeah if you're in NYC, would definitely recommend going in person to the box office if possible as that's saved me so much.

Exactly, tons of money saved.  And most people know that the price of the ticket corresponds with the fee anyways so it shouldn't shock anyone. 

ALMOST FAMOUS closing on January 8  Dec 19 2022, 06:50:17 PM

Bill Snibson said: "Wow! This is definitely not a major surprise yet still pretty shocking and kinda telling about the current state of Broadway right now. The advance must have been non-existent."

Yeah, I'm really surprised, I thought they would give it more time. Pre Covid, it would have lasted longer. It just opened. 

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Dec 19 2022, 02:34:58 PM

I didn't say there were, I was simply pointing out a show that benefited from social media tremendously. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You