pixeltracker

Jessica Vosk- Anita Video- Page 2

Jessica Vosk- Anita Video

GreeneStreet Profile Photo
GreeneStreet
#25Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 4:00pm

Patti Murin and Caissie Levy have no Norwegian heritage, guess they cant play Anna and Elsa!

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#26Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 4:01pm

Why am I not seeing the same reaction Sierra Boggess got? I guess when it’s an actress you like, it’s fine..? I don’t know, y’all. I gave up my regional theatre debut because they asked us to do redface. Obviously not the same thing, really, but my integrity isn’t for sale.

Also, she wasn’t just given this job. Do you people know how the business works at all? Jessica Vosk wasn’t called up out of the blue for this. She auditioned for the production in 2014, and because of that glaring mistake, she was brought back here. Am I saying her performance on the album is bad? No. But it did convince me she was Latina up until today. And THAT’S a big yikes.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

ViniFromBrazil
#27Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 4:08pm

If it was a concert and not the whole production, why did she need the accent? I don't get it.

And don't blame the generation for these things. People inclyding all of you have been cranky and opinionated towards others since the Big Bang, you only had no internet and fake accounts to put it out there before.

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#28Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 4:09pm

CindersGolightly said: "Why am I not seeing the same reaction Sierra Boggess got? I guess when it’s an actress you like, it’s fine..? I don’t know, y’all. I gave up my regional theatre debut because they asked us to do redface. Obviously not the same thing, really, but my integrity isn’t for sale.

Also, she wasn’t just given this job. Do you people know how the business works at all? Jessica Vosk wasn’t called up out of the blue for this. She auditioned for the production in 2014, and because of that glaring mistake, she was brought back here. Am I saying her performance on the album is bad? No. But it did convince me she was Latina up until today. And THAT’S a big yikes.
"

A couple of questions.

1) Sierra Boggess was doing more than singing one song from the show.

2).  Good for you, red face is bad.  But this isn't about you trying to be morally superior right now.  If Jessica was playing the role of Anita, this would be a different argument.  

3).  I do know how the business works.  A lot better than you do.  A LOT better than you do.  

Broadway World's Fireman.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#29Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 4:17pm

Jessica Vosk played Anita in a whole ass San Francisco Symphony production for which she received a Grammy nomination. Maybe take, like, a single second to research what you're talking about before just wanting to be right.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Sondheimite
#30Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 4:20pm

CindersGolightly said: "Jessica Vosk played Anita in a whole ass San Francisco Symphony production for which she received a Grammy nomination. Maybe take, like, a single second to research what you're talking about before just wanting to be right."

This isn't a discussion about that performance, little guy!

Maybe take, like, a single moment to not create scapegoat discussions when you can't think of a real way to twist the actual discussion at hand to fit your pre-decided narrative!  

kelsey1389 Profile Photo
kelsey1389
#31Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 4:21pm

I logged out of twitter last night because that stuff was getting so ugly. I will say that everyone certainly overreacted, and that includes Vosk. Replying to comments, going into dms and acting this defensive (and at times, rude)  didn't help her case, nor did it solve the situation. Twitter isn't a huge fan of her to begin with, so I'm assuming that played a part as well.

mailhandler777
#32Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 4:33pm

All these stans are like 12yrs old and mad at Jessica to begin with. This just made them more mad for some reason. She did nothing wrong IMO. She sang a song she was hired to sing. How many ladies play Eva Peron that are not Argentinean. At least 99%.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#33Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 4:38pm

Sierra and Jessica should both be held accountable for their actions. Trying to play a Latina character when they aren’t is a problem. Nobody is going to be up in arms when Norwegian princesses are being played by two non-Norwegian white women, because Norwegians have not been typically discriminated against the way Latinos have. It’s that simple.

Also, Jessica sounds like a potential candidate for Yente in Fiddler. Can’t wait to hear her “The Rumor/I Just Heard”- I hear her riffs really give the score some pizazz.

GreeneStreet
#34Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 4:42pm

Sorry! Jessica isn’t jewish! That can’t happen!!!!

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#35Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 4:47pm

kelsey1389 said: "I logged out of twitter last night because that stuff was getting so ugly. I will say that everyone certainly overreacted, and that includes Vosk. Replying to comments, going into dms and acting this defensive (and at times, rude) didn't help her case, nor did it solve the situation. Twitter isn't a huge fan of her to begin with, so I'm assuming that played a part as well."

Why doesnt the twitter community like her?

mailhandler777
#36Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 4:52pm

Updated On: 12/6/18 at 04:52 PM

mailhandler777
#37Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 4:54pm

Littleshopofcarrie said: "kelsey1389 said: "I logged out of twitter last night because that stuff was getting so ugly. I will say that everyone certainly overreacted, and that includes Vosk. Replying to comments, going into dms and acting this defensive (and at times, rude) didn't help her case, nor did it solve the situation. Twitter isn't a huge fan of her to begin with, so I'm assuming that played a part as well."

"

She speaks her mind and the kids don't like that. They find her rude because she does just that. 

Sondheimite
#38Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 4:55pm

Itonlytakesajourney said: "Sierra and Jessica should both be held accountable for their actions."

By who?  You?  The internet mob?  Who?

And for what?  Casting themselves?  

And by what means?  

GreeneStreet
#39Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 4:55pm

A lot of the hatred stemmed from the elphba announcment cause they wanted Mary kate.

mailhandler777
#40Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:01pm

GreeneStreet said: "A lot of the hatred stemmed from the elphba announcment cause they wanted Mary kate."

Not at all. It has to do with the Kickstarter for her album.

FlyHigh523 Profile Photo
FlyHigh523
#41Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:05pm

I cannot STAND Jessica Vosk, and this is just the cherry on top of the cake. Not only was her accent pathetic, but her responses of always playing the victim are old and inexcusable at this point. She's supposed to be a professional. Professionals don't whine about their problems on social media and tag people who have different opinions to go hate on them. Maybe if she would stop playing the victim for a day, she'd realize what she did was wrong and apologize for it, instead of lashing out and being EXTREMELY rude to her fans.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#42Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:06pm

Isn’t she from an Italian New Jersey or Long Island family? No duh she speaks her mind. Haha. Those folks all have big mouths.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

kelsey1389 Profile Photo
kelsey1389
#43Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:07pm

Littleshopofcarrie said: "kelsey1389 said: "I logged out of twitter last night because that stuff was getting so ugly. I will say that everyone certainly overreacted, and that includes Vosk. Replying to comments, going into dms and acting this defensive (and at times, rude) didn't help her case, nor did it solve the situation. Twitter isn't a huge fan of her to begin with, so I'm assuming that played a part as well."

"

I don’t know everything, but I do know that there was a lot of accusations about her being not great with her standbys on tour: like she used to call out every sunday mat, so on the last sunday of her standby’s contract, her whole family came out to see the standby and then jess suddenly decided she wanted the mat (this had apparently happened several times) also, there’s just been a lot of drama with her just being kind of obnoxious on social media (similar to last night) and then there’s a whole fight over how she should not have been the 15th Elphaba  (again, not sure if this is everything and i don’t know how true everything here is, but i’ve heard the standby thing a ton of times from a lot of people) also the kickstarter thing, and her acting like she was like, constantly harassed for it

Updated On: 12/6/18 at 05:07 PM

Catsbroadwayfan
#44Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:09pm

FlyHigh523 said: "Icannot STAND Jessica Vosk, and this is just the cherry on top of the cake. Not only was her accent pathetic, but her responses of always playing the victim are old and inexcusable at this point. She's supposed to be a professional. Professionals don't whine about their problems on social media and tag people who have different opinions to go hate on them. Maybe if she would stop playing the victim for a day, she'd realize what she did was wrong and apologize for it, instead of lashing out and being EXTREMELY rude to her fans."

mabye if her fans weren't brain dead, and reliazed that Jessica did nothing wrong then we wouldnt have a problem! Like greenestreet stated, white puerto ricans exist! Are you going to erase the identiy of those people??? A white Latino exists and can play maria. Stop trying to be woke, go back to your stan twitter and go back to bitching about how Nicolette has a black and white playbill cover. 

Thank u, Next!  

FlyHigh523 Profile Photo
FlyHigh523
#45Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:10pm

kelsey1389 said: "Littleshopofcarrie said: "kelsey1389 said: "I logged out of twitter last night because that stuff was getting so ugly. I will say that everyone certainly overreacted, and that includes Vosk. Replying to comments, going into dms and acting this defensive (and at times, rude) didn't help her case, nor did it solve the situation. Twitter isn't a huge fan of her to begin with, so I'm assuming that played a part as well."

"

I don’t know everything, but I do know that there was a lot of accusations about her being not great with her standbys on tour: like she used to call out every sunday mat, so on the last sunday of her standby’s contract, her whole family came out to see the standby and then jess suddenly decided she wanted the mat (this had apparently happened several times) also, there’s just been a lot of drama with her just being kind of obnoxious on social media (similar to last night) and then there’s a whole fight over how she should not have been the 15th Elphaba (again, not sure if this is everything and i don’t know how true everything here is, but i’ve heard the standby thing a ton of times from a lot of people) also the kickstarter thing, and her acting like she was like, constantly harassed for it

This is all true, she screwed Laurel Harris over big time. Her friend was unable to see Laurel as Elphaba because Jessica went on when she previously said she was going to take a personal day. She also promised everybody on KickStarter to donate money with things that would incentivize them (coffee dates, etc) and has not followed up almost two years later. It's a bad look. 

Catsbroadwayfan
#46Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:13pm

FlyHigh523 said: "kelsey1389 said: "Littleshopofcarrie said: "kelsey1389 said: "I logged out of twitter last night because that stuff was getting so ugly. I will say that everyone certainly overreacted, and that includes Vosk. Replying to comments, going into dms and acting this defensive (and at times, rude) didn't help her case, nor did it solve the situation. Twitter isn't a huge fan of her to begin with, so I'm assuming that played a part as well."

"

I don’t know everything, but I do know that there was a lot of accusations about her being not great with her standbys on tour: like she used to call out every sunday mat, so on the last sunday of her standby’s contract, her whole family came out to see the standby and then jess suddenly decided she wanted the mat (this had apparently happened several times) also, there’s just been a lot of drama with her just being kind of obnoxious on social media (similar to last night) and then there’s a whole fight over how she should not have been the 15th Elphaba (again, not sure if this is everything and i don’t know how true everything here is, but i’ve heard the standby thing a ton of times from a lot of people) also the kickstarter thing, and her acting like she was like, constantly harassed for it

This is all true, she screwed Laurel Harris over big time. Her friend was unable to see Laurel as Elphaba because Jessica went on when she previously said she was going to take a personal day. She also promised everybody on KickStarter to donate money with things that would incentivize them (coffee dates, etc) and has not followed up almost two years later. It's a bad look.

"

The kickstarter thing is eh. But Laurel wasn’t lead elphba, Jessica is. As much as it sucks, its Jessica’s role not Laurels.

FlyHigh523 Profile Photo
FlyHigh523
#47Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:15pm

Catsbroadwayfan said: "FlyHigh523 said: "kelsey1389 said: "Littleshopofcarrie said: "kelsey1389 said: "I logged out of twitter last night because that stuff was getting so ugly. I will say that everyone certainly overreacted, and that includes Vosk. Replying to comments, going into dms and acting this defensive (and at times, rude) didn't help her case, nor did it solve the situation. Twitter isn't a huge fan of her to begin with, so I'm assuming that played a part as well."

"

"The kickstarter thing is eh. But Laurel wasn’t lead elphba, Jessica is. As much as it sucks, its Jessica’s role not Laurels."

It is Jessica's role and Laurel's role and Hannah Shankman's role... not really seeing what your point is. When she says she's going to be out, and screws over Laurel (probably the nicest human being on the planet), then yeah, that's going to get negative reactions. It just shows that she's not as great of a person as everyone makes her out to be.

mailhandler777
#48Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:17pm

kelsey1389 said: "Littleshopofcarrie said: "kelsey1389 said: "I logged out of twitter last night because that stuff was getting so ugly. I will say that everyone certainly overreacted, and that includes Vosk. Replying to comments, going into dms and acting this defensive (and at times, rude) didn't help her case, nor did it solve the situation. Twitter isn't a huge fan of her to begin with, so I'm assuming that played a part as well."

"

"

Jessica gave Emily almost every Sunday matinee which she didn't have to give her any. Emily's last week on tour Jessica missed a Tuesday and Wednesday show therefore did every show that weekend. She's the lead and does NOT have to give anyone shows. 

Catsbroadwayfan
#49Jessica Vosk- Anita Video
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:18pm

Jessica was lead elphba. She picks when she goes on cause she is the lead. Laurel was standby. When you are a standby you don’t pick your dates.

Ya’ll just want to be outraged for no reason.

Videos