pixeltracker

Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night- Page 5

Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night

smokeline2
#100Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/26/19 at 10:28am

Last night was unbelievable. I actually preferred that they mixed it up and had everyone sing each others' songs as well as the deep cuts. It made it feel special to hear things in a way you couldn't in a production. It was also really sweet to watch the cast watching each other sing. They were all totally engrossed.

This was the full set list:

1. Feeling Electric - Bobby Spencer
2. A Promise - Adam Chanler-Berat
3. Live Every Day - Louis Hobson and Tamika Lawrence
4. I've Been - Tom Kitt and Alice Ripley
5. Didn't I See This Movie? - Jenn Damiano
6. A Light In The Dark - Adam Chanler-Berat and Jenn Damiano
7. You Don't Know/I Am The One - Lawrence Clayton, Amy Spanger, Isaac Powell
8. I Miss The Mountains - Aaron Tveit
9. Perfect For You - Bobby Spencer and Pearl Sun
10. Superboy and the Invisible Girl - Tamika Lawrence and Isaac Powell
11. So Anyway - Pearl Sun
12. Open Your Eyes - Louis Hobson
13. How Could I Ever Forget? - Aaron Tveit and Jenn Damiano
14. I'm Alive - Alice Ripley
15. Light - All

The things wish i were here2 listed were also highlights for me, along with I Miss the Mountains and Superboy and the Invisible Girl. Tamika sounded amazing. It was also great to hear Feeling Electric again. And the fact that they mixed things up all night made it all the more special when they sang their original parts for Light.

All in all, a wonderful experience. I'm very grateful I got to be there.

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#101Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/26/19 at 11:29am

qolbinau said: "That sounds like an interesting night and special. I hope they can regroup for an actual reunion of the show though in character at some stage."

Preach, I would pay good money to see N2N get the proper 10th Anniversary concert. The fact that [Title of Show] rented out the Broadhurst for a 10th Anniversary concert benefiting the Actors Fund, I still don't know why Second Stage doesn't do similar for themselvesIts the show that put 2nd Stage on the map as a home for new and innovative musicals, allowing it rival the Public. 

JSquared2
#102Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/26/19 at 12:33pm

bdn223 said: "Preach, I would pay good money to seeN2Nget the proper 10th Anniversary concert. The fact that[Title of Show]rented out the Broadhurst for a 10th Anniversary concert benefiting the Actors Fund, I still don't know why Second Stage doesn't do similar for themselves.Its the show that put 2nd Stage on the map as a home for new and innovativemusicals, allowing it rival the Public."

[Title of Show] did not rent out the Broadhurst.  This was an Actors Fund sponsored event. 

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#103Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/26/19 at 12:48pm

Did they mention/honor Marin Mazzie in any way? I know she was just a replacement, but she was the final Broadway Diana and left a good mark upon the show.

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#104Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/26/19 at 1:15pm

bdn223 said: "qolbinau said: "That sounds like an interesting night and special. I hope they can regroup for an actual reunion of the show though in character at some stage."

Preach, I would pay good money to seeN2Nget the proper 10th Anniversary concert. The fact that[Title of Show]rented out the Broadhurst for a 10th Anniversary concert benefiting the Actors Fund, I still don't know why Second Stage doesn't do similar for themselves.Its the show that put 2nd Stage on the map as a home for new and innovativemusicals, allowing it rival the Public.
"

I too hope for a proper anniversary concert sooner than later, but until then, this was magical night and reminded me how amazing the show is/was. :) 

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#105Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/26/19 at 5:30pm

Glad everyone had a great time. I am glad this month is over, this whole concert series was very stressful on here! :)

ebenn77
#106Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/28/19 at 4:42pm

Littleshopofcarrie said: "Did they mention/honor Marin Mazzie in any way? I know she was just a replacement, but she was the final Broadway Diana and left a good mark upon the show."

No, they did not. There wasn't a lot of speaking, but I did expect a kind of retrospective from more of the actors. Most of them just got up there and sang. Which, I mean, was amazing. But still, I really wanted more substance instead of just 60 minutes. They promised us 90 minutes, and we got a pared-down version. I loved what we heard, but I felt like the show deserved more. I guess we'll always want more of this show, though!