News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for smokeline2

Member Name: smokeline2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Two People Assigned the Same Seat
 Mar 4 2024, 11:10:34 AM

Funny, this happened to people in front of me at City Center during Parade. Except the second ticketholders didn't show up until the lights were going down, so the entire opening number was ruined by them standing in the aisle and the usher trying to see everyone's tickets and figure out what happened. The second pair ended up sitting on the stairs for the first few numbers and then were taken separately to different seats. That run was heavily sold out, so I'm not sure how t

Very tall people sitting in front of you
 Jun 12 2023, 12:51:19 PM

I have this problem a lot. I am taller than average for a woman (I'm 5' 7" ), but I have a very short torso. (I have friends who are closer to 5' 2" or 5' 3" who are all taller than me when we are sitting down, for perspective.) Ushers always look at me askance when I ask for a booster, but sometimes I need one. I do try to get aisle seats so I can lean out, though.

What bothers me the most is when a tall person in front of me leans forward in their s

Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
 Feb 2 2023, 12:20:14 PM

It took me a few minutes to check out because the final payment page was buggy, but it did eventually go through.

I was lucky to grab a $25 seat when I refreshed my preferred date right at noon, and by the time I checked out at 12:03 it looks like most were gone. (I wasn't planning to buy any more tickets, but checked a few other dates out of curiosity.)

1776 Reviews
 Oct 26 2022, 11:55:08 AM

Chiming in as someone who has seen two previous productions of this show, was bored out of my mind, and only went to see this production because I was curious about the concept.

I agree with much of the criticism of the production, but I will say it's the first time I was actually engaged for the duration of the show. I appreciate that they tried to do something different and fresh with it.

Maybe in a perfect production the jokes don't come across as corny and th

Today Tix Purchase
 Oct 17 2022, 11:16:20 AM

Every time I've purchased from Today Tix, instructions about ticket delivery were in the initial confirmation email.

Pre-pandemic, it would tell you where to pick up your printed tickets from a concierge outside the theater. I'm not sure if they still distribute any tickets that way.

I've also purchased from Today Tix twice since the shutdown. One set of tickets was delivered as two barcodes in the confirmation email. Another set was will-call, and this was again spe

Lillias White Calling Out Deaf Audience Member For Using CC Device
 Oct 13 2022, 11:57:26 AM

I agree that it's important for shows to educate actors about these types of devices so they don't get distracted when they see one. 

It's also frustrating that so many people do use their phones to film or take pictures, and not for legitimate purposes like this. It happens so often it's easy to see why Lillias White would assume that's what was going on. 

Systemic failure on several levels.

Why do I have to let a bunch of apps access my info to enter a lottery?
 Sep 22 2022, 04:37:15 PM

I definitely understand your frustration and would also prefer not to have to give social toaster any info, but why not set up a burner email and social media account just for lotteries? There's no requirement for it to be a real social media account you use regularly. Just make a twitter account you use only to log into social toaster, or tweet out the todaytix info for an extra entry. Social toaster/todaytix/etc. can't access your info if there isn't any in your account.

Between the Lines
 Jul 24 2022, 10:05:34 AM

I thought this was a cute show with a good score. I've seen it twice and still get the music stuck in my head. I agree with others that it could use some fine tuning, though. 

The first time I saw it, Aubrey Matalon was on for Delilah. Now that I've seen Arielle Jacobs, I honestly prefer Aubrey. Arielle is a great actress and can really sing, but I couldn't get past that she's double Delilah's age. I think she's miscast.

The rest of the cast is unifo

OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
 May 26 2022, 10:58:55 AM

kade.ivy said: "I had to purchase on mobile and got N16 Orchestra. I’m assuming that’s an aisle seat, though the seating charts I can find suggest only 15 seats in that row. There was no indication that it’s an accessible location. Any insights on that?"

N16 is directly in the middle of the row. The seats are even numbers only in right orchestra (and odd only in left orchestra). The 15 seats in the row range from seat 2 to seat 30.

Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
 May 14 2022, 01:40:56 PM

I saw this last night. Phillipa Soo and Ally Bonino were out, so there were two swings on to fill their understudies' ensemble roles, plus a third ensemble member who was also out. All the understudies were great. Looks like I'm lucky the performance was able to go on. 

I found this show very emotional, seeing it so soon after the Dobbs draft leak. Lyrics like "How long must women wait for liberty?" hit hard. It's clear that this story is as relevant as ever.

Logistically Making My Flight
 May 9 2022, 01:10:57 PM

If your flight leaves at 6:29, there is almost no way you will make it, even cutting out before the bows. Into the Woods runs a full 3 hours. You'd only have 80 minutes or so to get your luggage from bag check, hail a car or a cab (not an instantaneous process right as a show is getting out and everyone else wants a car too), drive the 30-40 minutes to LGA, wait in the security line (even precheck is usually 10+ minutes these days), walk to your gate, and board before the doors close. And

Assassins - CSC
 Oct 7 2021, 01:19:03 PM

Did anyone see the price ranges before the site crashed?

I truly don't understand why this level of traffic always seems to be a "surprise" to ticketing websites. Haven't they learned by now to take the capacity they think they'll need and triple it?

BCEFA FLEA MARKET 2021 COLLECTORS UNITE
 Oct 3 2021, 06:25:46 PM

One of my favorite things I scored was a collection of paper props from Ragtime. The guy running the table thought they were from one of the Broadway productions, but couldn't tell me which one. Does anyone here know? I'm guessing they're from the revival since they're in very good condition, but it'd be nice to know for sure.

Derek Hough in THE NOTEBOOK?
 Aug 17 2021, 11:31:27 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: Correct, and I believe they used people of all different races in the reading, which they still plan to do for the Broadway production. Which led to a lot of confusion for reading attendees..."

I was at the reading and it wasn't confusing...

Discount Codes
 Dec 4 2019, 03:21:15 PM

Does anybody know of a Waitress discount that works after December 19th?

YOU'RE A GOOD MAN, CHARLIE BROWN to tour next year
 Aug 17 2019, 12:42:40 AM

And it's non-equity to boot.

Disgusting. I definitely won't be seeing this.

Ferryman Rush
 Jun 21 2019, 01:52:22 PM

I got there right at 10 on Thursday morning and there were 10-15 people ahead of me in line. I got a partial view seat with no problem. Not sure what time you'd have to be there to get a full view seat, if they are even selling any. I didn't mind the partial view because I could still hear what happened at the edges and any important action that was blocked moved downstage eventually.

It did seem like there were people in the standing room positions too, but I didn't a

Laura Benanti Gave A Classy Read Last Night At MY FAIR LADY
 Jun 20 2019, 03:32:26 PM

magictodo123 said: "AND you shouldn’t be recording the show!!! I don’t care how far away you live or how much you paid for tickets. You are not allowed to record shows in any way, and they TELL TOU THIS multiple times. DONT DO IT."

Hmm, this seems pretty irrelevant. Recording a show has nothing to do with phones making noise or distracting audience members/actors. The ethics of this have been discussed countless times here, so you may

JFK (or LaGuardia) airport to hotel, evening show
 Apr 8 2019, 04:06:12 PM

bear88 said: "And a new option!

Plane that arrives at LaGuardia at 5:40 p.m. Saturday. Is that better than 5 p.m. at JFK, or pretty much the same - at least in terms of catching an 8 p.m. show that night?

Once again, sorry for this annoying thread. But there are plenty of people here with lots of experience flying into New York and hoping to catch a show. Who better to ask?
"

I'd stick with JFK. LGA may be closer to midtown, but there's n

Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
 Mar 26 2019, 10:28:07 AM

Last night was unbelievable. I actually preferred that they mixed it up and had everyone sing each others' songs as well as the deep cuts. It made it feel special to hear things in a way you couldn't in a production. It was also really sweet to watch the cast watching each other sing. They were all totally engrossed.

This was the full set list:

1. Feeling Electric - Bobby Spencer
2. A Promise - Adam Chanler-Berat
3. Live Every Day - Louis Hobson and Tamika

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You