pixeltracker

West End's '42nd Street' will screen in US cinemas May 1st

West End's '42nd Street' will screen in US cinemas May 1st

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#1West End's '42nd Street' will screen in US cinemas May 1st
Posted: 4/7/19 at 4:53pm

Didn't see anything on this... anywhere actually! BroadwayHD really needs to up their marketing.

Incredible production that just closed in the West End.

http://www.filmedonstage.com/news/40-broadwayhd-teams-with-fathom-events-to-present-42nd-street-may-1st

"Movies will make you famous; television will make you rich; but theatre will make you good." - Terrence Mann.

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#2West End's '42nd Street' will screen in US cinemas May 1st
Posted: 4/7/19 at 5:51pm

Ah, this is so great! I was so excited when I first head the production had been shot professionally; have been waiting for this news for awhile!

HereAndThere2 Profile Photo
HereAndThere2
#3West End's '42nd Street' will screen in US cinemas May 1st
Posted: 4/10/19 at 9:38pm

Thanks for the heads up.  Disappointed that I didn't get to see the London stage production, but excited that I now have a ticket for the filmed version.'

HereAndThere2
#4West End's '42nd Street' will screen in US cinemas May 1st
Posted: 4/10/19 at 9:38pm

Double post

Updated On: 4/10/19 at 09:38 PM

Wildcard
#5West End's '42nd Street' will screen in US cinemas May 1st
Posted: 5/1/19 at 6:37pm

Anyone going to see this tonight? 

HereAndThere2
#6West End's '42nd Street' will screen in US cinemas May 1st
Posted: 5/1/19 at 8:14pm

I'm going.   Looking forward to a pleasant evening.

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#7West End's '42nd Street' will screen in US cinemas May 1st
Posted: 5/1/19 at 11:15pm

Just got back! Absolutely wonderful proshot, I hope (and assume) this will eventually end up on BroadwayHD. It was super interesting, the first 15 minutes were actually a documentary-style introduction with the creative team talking about the show's history, casting, and the mounting of the recent Drury Lane/West End production... not something you normally see in these sort of recordings.

The show itself was great. It's 42nd Street, and probably the most polished and shiny production of it you'll find just about anywhere. Not much else to it.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#8West End's '42nd Street' will screen in US cinemas May 1st
Posted: 5/2/19 at 7:28am

The showing in DC was a joke! They didn't start the film until about 20 minutes late, and even then they put the wrong movie in!!  When it finally started, I felt the sound was kind of flat and was only coming from the front of the theater.  I'm not sure if others had the same issue with the sound.

I thought the filming and performances were excellent. I've been to several Fathom screenings before in DC, and I've usually enjoyed what I've seen, but last night was definitely "off".

I'm sending an email to both Fathom and movie theater that hosted this last night.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

freewilma
#9West End's '42nd Street' will screen in US cinemas May 1st
Posted: 5/2/19 at 11:48am

Which theatre was it......so I'll be sure NOT to go to that one for the next fathom event?  Thanks!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#10West End's '42nd Street' will screen in US cinemas May 1st
Posted: 5/2/19 at 12:05pm

It was Gallery Place. I've never had an issue before with this type of screening.  I will say Fathom replied to my complaint within an hour after sending it!  My complaint wasn't against them per se, but I wanted to make them aware of what transpired last night.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#11West End's '42nd Street' will screen in US cinemas May 1st
Posted: 5/2/19 at 1:45pm

Disappointed that I didn't get to see the London stage production, but excited that I now have a ticket for the filmed version.'

Did you happen to catch the US tour a few years ago?  It's the same production.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian