Secret Garden on Broadway?

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#1Secret Garden on Broadway?
Posted: 4/10/19 at 6:01pm

Does anybody know if the Secret Garden Broadway revival is still happening? It was reportedly helmed by Warren Carlyle. The show's libretto would need considerable tightening for today's audiences.

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

JSquared2
#2Secret Garden on Broadway?
Posted: 4/10/19 at 6:28pm

DOA

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#3Secret Garden on Broadway?
Posted: 4/10/19 at 7:46pm

What a shame this seems to have not panned out. I adore the score and the story, but I've never gotten to see it live. I was really hoping for the opportunity to see a lush Broadway revival. 

sen.s25
#4Secret Garden on Broadway?
Posted: 4/10/19 at 8:05pm

Yea I’m pretty sure cuz it’s still on the website on playbill for upcoming musicals

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
#5Secret Garden on Broadway?
Posted: 4/10/19 at 8:38pm

sen.s25 said: "Yea I’m pretty sure cuz it’s still on the website on playbill for upcoming musicals"

But it's in Playbill's "In The Works" section. The Gypsy transfer still says "Target Opening: 2018", that section never gets updated, so I would take everything there with a grain of salt.

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
#6Secret Garden on Broadway?
Posted: 4/10/19 at 8:38pm

Updated On: 4/10/19 at 08:38 PM

stoptheworld38 Profile Photo
stoptheworld38
#7Secret Garden on Broadway?
Posted: 4/11/19 at 10:25pm

I haven't heard anything in quite a while but I really hope it does. I sang a song from it for a recital my senior year of high school and have been in love with it ever since.

you found your heart but left a part of you behind <3

Videos