pixeltracker

2019 Tony Awards Performances- Page 5

2019 Tony Awards Performances

Rainah
#1002019 Tony Awards Performances
Posted: 6/9/19 at 6:28pm

Confused why Amber, Patrick, etc are in full costume if all they're doing is Wait For Me. I can't wait to see what Rachel's cooked up!

Andres_Zayas Profile Photo
Andres_Zayas
#1012019 Tony Awards Performances
Posted: 6/9/19 at 6:35pm

Here’s the list of categories in order of being presented. The design ones will be presented in the half-hour before the broadcast: https://www.goldderby.com/article/2019/2019-tonys-presentation-order-categories-announced-73rd-tony-awards/

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#1022019 Tony Awards Performances
Posted: 6/9/19 at 6:35pm

I just had a thought that the song for In Memoriam should be Back to Before, but I doubt it, based on the usual reluctance to favor one figure.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

MBFan
#1032019 Tony Awards Performances
Posted: 6/9/19 at 10:00pm

Why did the Oklahoma! cast seem so angry?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1042019 Tony Awards Performances
Posted: 6/9/19 at 10:02pm

These production values seem leagues ahead of other years! Turntables and elevator lifts, light-o-graphy? Love it

SugarButterBroadway Profile Photo
SugarButterBroadway
#1052019 Tony Awards Performances
Posted: 6/9/19 at 10:02pm

It corresponds with the whole theme of their version of the show, which I can’t really explain without spoiling, but I thought it was quite fitting

inception Profile Photo
inception
#1062019 Tony Awards Performances
Posted: 6/10/19 at 6:33am

I had read about this Oklahoma being different, but I didn't realize it was also in modern dress. It was one of the better performances last night.

I missed the Cher Show one. I missed the first 10 or 15 minutes of the show, & then since it wasn't being broadcast live on the west coast, I read online the winners & went to bed early. I turned off part way through Some Like It Hot, which is sad that I was bored by one of the greatest theatre songs of all time.

I'm happy now that I bought tickets for Hadestown for December already. I remember seeing Andre de Shields at the Public in 2014 & being surprised that he wasn't a bigger star already.

Tootsie - looks silly, but average. If I had waited to see the Tonys before buying tickets I don't think I would have spent $200 though.

Beetlejuice looked annoying & bad. Not funny.

I'll wait for Ain't To Proud until it eventually ends up playing one of the showrooms for years & years in Vegas. Donnie & Marie are leaving the Flamingo, so that'll need something to compete with Cindy Williams' Menopause musical at Harrah's.

The Prom was both good & bad. Great choreo, but bad song choice - really bad techno style music. I am curious if that was the regular cast or if they brought in extra dancers? On the ride side of the TV screen was someone who looked a bit like Kevin Csolak who was in Mean Girls last year. His website says he is currently in LA prepping as a Jet in Spielberg's West Side Story remake, but he did do the out of town for The Prom. Would they have brought in extra dancers for a TV peeformance? It was really quick, so maybe it was just someone who looked similar.

Updated On: 6/10/19 at 06:33 AM