News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Cynthia Erivo / AIDA Revival

macbeth Profile Photo
macbeth
#1Cynthia Erivo / AIDA Revival
Posted: 3/29/20 at 12:07pm

I know she's made the move to Hollywood for the moment, but after watching this new (to me) video:

Do you think there's ANY chance of her in the revival? 

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#2Cynthia Erivo / AIDA Revival
Posted: 3/29/20 at 2:30pm

I’ve been thinking this too, I doubt she would do Papermill and a subsequent tour, but I don’t think it’s out of the realm of plausibility to think they could bring her in for the Broadway run.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#3Cynthia Erivo / AIDA Revival
Posted: 3/29/20 at 2:46pm

I don’t think she’d do this on broadway. If they make a film adaption I could see her in that, though.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 3/29/20 at 02:46 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#4Cynthia Erivo / AIDA Revival
Posted: 3/29/20 at 4:02pm

Zero chance. I think the next thing we see her do is an original musical that she gets involved with early and helps shape it. Or, a play, to show that she's not just a musical theatre actress on stage.

But, commitment is a big issue with stars and musicals. In a commercial production of a new musical, an actor needs to give a year, or at least 10 months, for any chance of recoupment. There's also developmental work and an out-of-town engagement, which could take years. It's a lot of work and time for less money than Hollywood/recording.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#5Cynthia Erivo / AIDA Revival
Posted: 3/30/20 at 10:17am

I doubt she'll do another revival for awhile, whenever she does come back to the stage. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#6Cynthia Erivo / AIDA Revival
Posted: 3/30/20 at 10:53am

With her doing films now, I highly doubt she'd start off doing the tour. Maybe there's a chance if this comes to Broadway she agrees to it.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Videos