News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Streaming PETER PAN LIVE!

Dollypop
#1Streaming PETER PAN LIVE!
Posted: 6/2/20 at 10:57am

Why?

It was one of the worst presentations ever. Miscast, badly directed, sluggish pacing and the the flying sequence was so horribly botched that it was embarrassing. And then there's the matter of Captain Hook's "tapping" not matching his dance steps.

I would think NBC would have destroyed every single tape of this thing and never want to even mention it again.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 6/3/20 at 10:57 AM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2Streaming PETER PAN LIVE!
Posted: 6/2/20 at 12:02pm

If it wasn't a free stream I'd say they should be paying us to watch this again.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#3Streaming PETER PAN LIVE!
Posted: 6/2/20 at 12:10pm

Why? 

Because they've streamed everything else they own the rights to?

Dollypop
#4Streaming PETER PAN LIVE!
Posted: 6/2/20 at 7:40pm

Stream either the Mary Martin or Cathy Rigby versions

Dollypop
#5Streaming PETER PAN LIVE!
Posted: 6/3/20 at 1:04pm

Updated On: 6/3/20 at 01:04 PM

Dollypop
#6Streaming PETER PAN LIVE!
Posted: 6/4/20 at 4:34pm

Someone at NBC must have read this message board because they've decided to 3cancel the streaming.

Updated On: 6/4/20 at 04:34 PM

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#7Streaming PETER PAN LIVE!
Posted: 6/4/20 at 6:07pm

The stated reason is solidarity with protests. 

Updated On: 6/4/20 at 06:07 PM

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#8Streaming PETER PAN LIVE!
Posted: 6/4/20 at 6:11pm

I will say though that I could listen to Kelli O'Hara sing Tender Shepherd every day for the rest of time. Besides that it's a HARD pass for me to revisit this production.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#9Streaming PETER PAN LIVE!
Posted: 6/4/20 at 6:39pm

God, this was painful from the very moment is began, when a cameraman and a mic guy were in the shot, and then all the problems with the flying, not to mention Christopher Walken being on the best drugs ever made for a really, really terrible evening. 

The Wiz and Jesus Christ Superstar remain my favorite tv live musicals. 

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#10Streaming PETER PAN LIVE!
Posted: 6/4/20 at 6:45pm

Clearly COVID isn't causing us to suffer enough. Thus they stream Peter Pan Live!

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#11Streaming PETER PAN LIVE!
Posted: 6/4/20 at 7:15pm

Oh Blast and damn I told some friends who'd missed it about the stream and they never believed me about how G D aweful it was and this was a chance to prove it

Nurtz! 

Dollypop
#12Streaming PETER PAN LIVE!
Posted: 6/5/20 at 10:13pm

Sutton Ross said: "God, this was painful from the very moment is began, when a cameraman and a mic guy were in the shot, and then all the problems with the flying, not to mention Christopher Walken being on the best drugs ever made for a really, really terrible evening.

"

Clearly I'm in the minority here, but I think THE SOUND OF MUSIC was one of the best. Yes, Carrie Underwood was miscast, but the production stuck to the original stage version of the show and reminded me of the Golden Era of live television.

Dollypop
#13Streaming PETER PAN LIVE!
Posted: 6/5/20 at 10:13pm

Sutton Ross said: "God, this was painful from the very moment is began, when a cameraman and a mic guy were in the shot, and then all the problems with the flying, not to mention Christopher Walken being on the best drugs ever made for a really, really terrible evening.

"

Clearly I'm in the minority here, but I think THE SOUND OF MUSIC was one of the best. Yes, Carrie Underwood was miscast, but the production stuck to the original stage version of the show and reminded me of the Golden Era of live television.

jimmycurry01
#14Streaming PETER PAN LIVE!
Posted: 6/9/20 at 11:36am

Dollypop said: "Sutton Ross said: "God, this was painful from the very moment is began, when a cameraman and a mic guy were in the shot, and then all the problems with the flying, not to mention Christopher Walken being on the best drugs ever made for a really, really terrible evening.

"

"

Of the two productions of The Sound if Music Live, I prefer the British one shown on ITV. I do agree that the production on NBC's version was well done.

Videos