Cirque goes bankrupt

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#50Cirque goes bankrupt
Posted: 6/17/21 at 1:50pm

I can't tell from their website, are the Cirque shows reopening with social distancing? Or just going for full-out full capacity?

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

AEA AGMA SM
#51Cirque goes bankrupt
Posted: 6/17/21 at 2:01pm

Clark County dropped all enforced pandemic measures at the beginning of June. My guess is that Cirque, without having any unions to answer to, is going to go full capacity as the shows reopen (just my guess, so happy to hear if anyone has a definitive answer either way)

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#52Cirque goes bankrupt
Posted: 6/17/21 at 2:14pm

everythingtaboo said: "I can't tell from their website, are the Cirque shows reopening with social distancing? Or just going for full-out full capacity?"

full-out full capacity

ArtMan
#53Cirque goes bankrupt
Posted: 6/17/21 at 3:53pm

I was told different.  I purchased a ticket to Mystere  for late August.  Their website, when I purchased a couple of weeks ago automatically blocked off the seats next to you.  The rep told me by the time I go, there will be no spaced out seats.  That if demand is there, they will fill in those empty seats.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#54Cirque goes bankrupt
Posted: 6/17/21 at 7:57pm

Yeah that's not what I heard

ArtMan
#55Cirque goes bankrupt
Posted: 6/17/21 at 9:20pm

My information is accurate since I purchased a ticket.  The seats to the left and right of my seat, became immediately unavailable when I made my purchase.  The Treasure Island box office employee verified that, at  the time of my purchase, (three weeks ago).   They were social distancing seats.  She stated that will change and by my showtime, she told me "don't be surprised that someone is now sitting next to you".

AEA AGMA SM
#56Cirque goes bankrupt
Posted: 6/17/21 at 9:58pm

So they are doing a sort of hybrid social distancing. A less sold show will be socially distanced, but there is still the option for them to reach full capacity.

sparksatmidnight
#57Cirque goes bankrupt
Posted: 6/17/21 at 10:44pm

"this show is not a flop! we're just socially distancing non-sold out performances!!"

ArtMan
#58Cirque goes bankrupt
Posted: 6/17/21 at 10:45pm

After I last posted, I went on the seat map for my night, and the seats I had mentioned were now available to sell.  So I think, what ever they were doing has already been lifted.  So as of at least tonight, Blockhead 24 is correct.  What I don't understand, although many of the venues have eliminated the two or more ticket minimum (you couldn't purchase 1 ticket)  there are still some requiring it.  Doesn't make sense to me.

Videos