Big Brother 22 All Stars

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#1Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 8/5/20 at 11:42pm

https://news.avclub.com/julie-chen-says-several-big-brother-all-stars-were-excl-1844625768

I am so glad they found a way to bring it back....And I was so happy to see my favorite stud Cody Calafiore. If only they had added his brother a Paul to the mix.....

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#2Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 8/6/20 at 10:12am

It was kind of weird watching at the beginning because it felt like they were just ignoring COVID altogether but then the first four came out wearing masks and reality set in. While I understand the necessity of having the move-in be live (the cast wasn't set because members were testing positive) it was a little boring. I was glad to see my favorite male/female duo of all time, Janelle and Kaysar. Kaycee and Josh were rumored to have tested positive which is why I think a couple of the more random people (Keesha and Memphis) were included. In my opinion David was included solely for how he was treated last season and not because of him actually being in All Star. He was actually in the house for like 3 days total...

Big Brother is my all time favorite show and hopefully everything goes smoothly and doesn't end up being shut down like BB CAN.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

SmoothLover
#3Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 8/6/20 at 6:48pm

There could be a chance it would all get shut down if crew members came in contact with the cast and they were positive.....I felt like everything was kind of last minute which I’m sure it was...the live feeds were not working last night probably because there was so much to figure out....I also think the cast had a pretty good idea about their fellow housemates. Gold Derby had leaked something a few weeks ago that was fairly accurate but some if the people that tested positive were included in that news story one being Josh Martinez. The weekly episodes will be better than the shows that depend somewhat on an audience because the editing is clever along with a humorous use of music and sound.

Updated On: 8/6/20 at 06:48 PM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#4Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 8/7/20 at 4:37am

Even if they have no contact with the crew and production team, they still build all the sets for them and deliver food, etc  isn't that a major risk?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#5Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 8/7/20 at 2:01pm

The crew is actually quarantining in their own bubble while filming. They use a crew for a month and then they bring in a new crew; Crew 1 gets two weeks off and then quarantines for 2 weeks, going back to production for month 3.

I am so excited that we get a Big Brother this year! And All Stars at that! I’m definitely a BB super fan and I wasn’t expecting a season at all so I went back and watched BB 10 to get my fix. I didn’t start watching this show until season 14 so it was awesome getting to go back and watch what’s arguably the best season of Big Brother there ever was! Apparently Josh had a false positive and doesn’t actually have Covid. He was tested daily and every subsequent test came back negative and it was at the last minute that production didn’t want to risk it and Memphis took his spot. I assume Kacee actually tested positive multiple times. The two of them were partying in Miami a little bit ago together and they appeared together on the virtual reunion for The Challenge. How stupid can they be to be out partying in Florida of all places, knowing they were going to go on Big Brother....

But can we talk about the preseason DRAMA that’s been going on? I haven’t followed the situation recently so I don’t know if the truth actually came out, but there is some major drama with Nicole F and Derrick/Dan. But she has no idea since she’s been in quarantine/sequester. Apparently, Nicole is the reason Derrick isn’t on the season (and maybe Dan) but the reason why is a bunch of different rumors/hypotheticals. It turns out it’s actually true though because Janelle mentioned last night on the feeds that she’s shocked Cody and Nicole F. Are working together since Nicole is the reason Derrick isn’t playing. Apparently Nicole F wasn’t initially invited back and she cried to production and then lied to Derrick/Dan and some others saying she was going to be on the season and got added to their pregaming group chat and then went and exposed their pregaming to Grodner. Another rumor was that Derrick, Dan, and Nicole had made a plan to hold out on accepting in the hopes of getting more money (they all get $40 or 50k) but then Nicole went and agreed and ****ed the others over. Apparently Nicole also did something to Rachel’s daughter? According to Alissa. ... The bb fandom has been having a heyday with all the Nicole drama so of course “Nicole the snake” has been resurrected. But if Nicole single handedly got Derrick and Dan evicted before the game even began, just hand her the win now!

*When Keesha was rumored to be brought into sequester “Keesha” was trending on Twitter. I’m thinking production had no idea how excited the fans would be to bring her back and that’s why she got the spot. Apparently Amber was the main alternate to go in (taking Kacee’s spot) as a redemption for having psycho cowboy Caleb and his obsession with her ruin her game.

I wish Vanessa was on this season but oh well. I’m rooting for Mama Day just because I f*cking love her. Hopefully she can control her mouth and make it far this season. Being on The Challenge probably has helped her for physical comps.

ArtMan
#6Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 8/7/20 at 2:57pm

Since we're gossiping, Nicole F and Dani also have a beef with the beloved Nicole A.  Seems Nicole A asked both of them, prior, to appear on her podcast and they ignored her.  Jokers has already mentioned the two laughing about her behind her back.  I may or may not watch  this season.  Real Housewives is on Wednesday and Thursday nights.  I don't want to commit to three nights.  So I will probably read Big Brother Network and Jokers for updates.

Updated On: 8/7/20 at 02:57 PM

SmoothLover
#7Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 8/8/20 at 3:51am

It just seems like there has always been some crew and cast mingling whether it is photo sessions or a physical or emotional crisis. But I am sure that everything is under a Covid microscope...

ArtMan
#8Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 8/8/20 at 6:15pm

While we are still gossiping.....  Read this on Datalounge today.  There is major drama going on between Dr Will and Mike Boogie.  Will had to get a restraining order against Boogie , who threatened to kill Will's family.  Boogie was upset with Will because he refused to partner with him on The Amazing Race.  Boogie also claims he is the one who is responsible for Will's success.  Boogie has always been crazy and rumoured to be a major drug user.  I guess he has gone over the deep end.  Really don't like either one.

SmoothLover
#9Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 8/9/20 at 3:53am

Dear Lord ArtMan, Boogie seems to have lost it....

ClydeBarrow
#10Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 8/10/20 at 9:45am

I'm ecstatic that my favorite duo was safe this week! Although I wish only one of them played so the other could have competed next week. 

I can't say I agree with Cody's decision. He went from supposedly planning a big move to putting up 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Seems like a bit of a cop out even though we all know he doesn't want to get blood on his hands. I'm kind of hoping David gets sent home first for the second season in a row because he's such an All Star.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#11Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 8/13/20 at 12:53am

I truly hope this is not a new vs old players. The old crew are outnumbered and it sucks when we have to wait until a whole alliance is kicked out to see the rest go at each other.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

SmoothLover
#12Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 8/13/20 at 3:56pm

Kevin is such a disaster for a man of his age.

SmoothLover
#13Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 8/25/20 at 2:06am

Bump....why did someone start a new thread when this thread was on the first page?

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#14Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 8/27/20 at 2:15pm

was sad to see Nicole go, always liked her.

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

ClydeBarrow
#15Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 8/27/20 at 3:55pm

Elphaba said: "was sad to see Nicole go, always liked her."

The wrong Nicole was sent home even though Nicole A shouldn't have turned on my Queen. Nicole F really is a snake and pretty gross person (and I loved her in previous seasons). I'm excited for the producer intervention to keep Janelle in the game! David continues to be the worst and most disillusioned player based on the live feed tweets.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#16Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 8/28/20 at 2:53am

Even though I’ve watched every season, I tend to forget about players after the season ends. So it takes me a while to get into a new season to figure out who I have loyalty to including all star seasons where I have to kind of remind myself about each player.

So some thoughts so far:

I was sad to see Janelle go home tonight.

Am I correct that Tyler did lie about Da'Vonne trying to get David voted out? And now he’s upset because his lie is exposed? If so, David’s fatal flaw wasn’t in telling Da'Vonne and Bayleigh, but in telling Tyler that he told them. Which leads me to...

I’m tired of these young white men (and women to some point) running the house almost every season. I take nothing away from them for their good gameplay, but it just seems like every season they end up in charge. And if in fact Tyler did lie about Da'Vonne targeting David then that also fuels my frustration in that these young white men don’t stop for a minute to think about racial ethics (as they also probably haven’t on the outside) before making game moves. That’s why they do so well, nothing is out of consideration when making game moves, not racism, not homophobia, not overt or covert bullying..

In my ideal world, all the marginalized housemates should have formed an alliance. That includes older players (Janelle, Kaysar), players of color (Da'Vonne, Bayleigh, David), LGBTQ players (Kevin), and the nerds (Nicole A.). Then maybe these almost entirely white alliances would stop running every season.

Of course, it doesn’t help that none of those in my proposed alliance (even though they’re my favorites) have done very well this season so far in competitions. Still, I’ll be very happy if Memphis, Tyler and Cody, and Nicole F. go home soon but I don’t see that happening. They are arguably the four strongest players in the house so the others need to get them out soon if they hope to get far. Hopefully there’ll be a split in their alliance. That’s about the most I can hope for right now.

Side note: this is this also how I feel about the political climate in the United States. If all the marginalized communities would form a solid voting block then things might really change. Let’s see what happens in November.

ClydeBarrow
#17Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 8/28/20 at 10:33am

Obviously it was devastating to see the Legend leave last night and the producers couldn't even give us a Battle Back opportunity.

Nicole F is a disgusting person. She and Dani are so jealous of Janelle it's actually sad. When Nicole started with her "did I say that out loud" bull$hit when she made Janelle a have-not was the beginning. Then when she uninvited her to the wedding via a goodbye message I just couldn't. I'm so glad Janelle was unphased and Julie didn't mention it.

Miles, I agree with a lot of what you said about straight white men running the house (along with the straight white women who follow and think they have power but don't). Arisa Cox (host of Big Brother Canada) has been pretty vocal about this issue on Twitter and what they're doing to combat that issue. https://twitter.com/arisacox/status/1298289063858974720

SmoothLover
#18Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 8/29/20 at 2:42am

They should have upped the prize money like they did on Survivor All Stars....it kept everyone on their toes and there was less floating.....

Is anyone watching Love Island?  Any favorites?

Updated On: 8/29/20 at 02:42 AM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#19Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 9/5/20 at 1:01am

Did they evict all the Black players yet? I'm actually curious as to why BIPOC players willingly go in knowing they will be humiliated by the white contestants. 22 seasons and no Black winner? As if...

SmoothLover
#20Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 9/5/20 at 5:46am

No they have not evicted any black players although one has been on the block.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#21Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 9/5/20 at 1:06pm

They did however just evict a POC - Kaysar who is an Iranian-American.

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#22Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 9/5/20 at 8:22pm

And..... SPOILER:

Da’Vonne and Bailey are this weeks nominee’s. It’s looking like Bailey will be leaving this week.

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#23Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 9/5/20 at 8:32pm

I am HATING this season! 3 of my favorites have been evicted already out of 4 evictions (Keesha, Kaysar, and the QUEEN Janelle). I am so sick of this new school strategy with large alliances dominating every week and eliminating everyone not in their alliance and everyone voting “with the house” and what the HOH wants. But what I hate the most is how in recent seasons everyone starts shunning the person being evicted and won’t even talk with them. All week not a single person would even talk to Kaysar besides Ian. My top 3 this season were Janelle, Kaysar, and Da’Vonne. Mama Day needs to win HOH and shake things up, she was so close to winning HOH on Thursday! If Bailey leaves before Day, she’ll hopefully no longer be considered a big threat though and should be able to lay low while other people become public enemy number 1 to Cody, Nicole,....and Tyler.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#24Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 9/5/20 at 11:06pm

I too love Janelle and Kaysar although I’ll admit I had to look up Keesha. I had already forgotten about her. I also liked Nicole A although her gameplay wasn’t great.

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#25Big Brother 22 All Stars
Posted: 9/6/20 at 12:18am

Miles2Go2 said: "I too love Janelle and Kaysar although I’ll admit I had to look up Keesha. I had already forgotten about her. I also liked Nicole A although her gameplay wasn’t great. "

Keesha is responsible for one of the most infamous BB moments ever, from IMO the greatest season of BB ever. (BB 10) making it to final 3 with Dan and Memphis.  

Look up Keesha’s birthday BB10 for pure reality GOLD. 

I was really looking forward to the Old School players;  Janelle, Kaysar, Memphis, Keesha, Dani, kevin, and Ian— and was hoping they’d team up.... but a lot of pre-gaming, along with the fact that Janelle and Kaysar were the only “pair”... there demise happened the second they walked in that door.