pixeltracker

The 74th Annual Tony Awards (2021) - News & Discussion Thread- Page 29

The 74th Annual Tony Awards (2021) - News & Discussion Thread

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#70074th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/27/21 at 3:35pm

Jordan Levinson said: "Viewership from last night was - as expected - disastrous.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/THE-TONY-AWARDS-PRESENT-BROADWAYS-BACK-Special-Scores-265-Million-Viewers-20210927
"

I love theater and had no idea it was on until i went online :/ 

Eddie3
#70174th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/27/21 at 5:14pm

So thrilled that The Inheritance won Best Play and its other awards! I've felt since I've seen it -- it seems so long ago -- that it's a much better play than Angels in America, to which is has been compared.

BwayStarlette
#70274th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/27/21 at 5:52pm

Can someone tell me - is the 7-9 pm portion available to stream now on Paramount+, 1 day later? Or has it been taken down?

DEHFanatic Profile Photo
DEHFanatic
#70374th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/27/21 at 7:03pm

BwayStarlette said: "Can someone tell me - is the 7-9 pm portion available to stream now on Paramount+, 1 day later? Or has it been taken down?"

As of right now it's still available.

Total DEH fanatic and love to chat with similarly obsessed fans. Please feel free to PM me. In times like these, we could all use a friend.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#70474th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/27/21 at 7:39pm

did we ever learn how the voting for these awards were done when a lot of the shows closed almost two years ago? did they have to hope voters saw most of the shows and could recollect the performances and productions? or were they given material to view?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

sparksatmidnight
#70574th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/28/21 at 10:58am

The voters had seen those shows and, as far as we know, they weren't given anything. The reason the date was pushed up to a date before the opening of West Side Story and Girl From North Country had opened was, indeed, because most viewers hadn't seen any.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#70674th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/28/21 at 10:59am

Roundabout sent videos of their shows, including “Soldiers Play” to Tony Voters last year.