Box Offices Open?

followyourbliss23 Profile Photo
followyourbliss23
#1Box Offices Open?
Posted: 8/18/21 at 1:35pm

Hi all! Wondering if Broadway theatre box offices are open ahead of scheduled reopening in Sept. I'm looking specifically at the New Amsterdam (Aladdin), Shubert (Mockingbird) and BB Jacobs (Company) and would rather avoid the crazy Ticketmaster/Telecharge surcharges. Would rather avoid the trip from Brooklyn to Times Square if they are closed... 

Thanks in advance for any tips!!

"the stage too must experiment - with ideas, with the psychological relationship of men and women, with speech and rhythm forms, with dance and movement, with color and light - or it must and should become a museum product. in an age of terrific implications as to wealth and poverty, as to the function of government, as to peace and war, as to the relation of the artist to all these forces, the theatre must grow up. the theatre must become conscious of the implications of the changing social order, or the changing social older will ignore, and rightly, the implications of the theatre." - hallie flanagan, director of the federal theatre project
*blame e.e. mings*

ElphabaGoodman
#2Box Offices Open?
Posted: 8/18/21 at 1:45pm

The only box offices currently open are:

Ambassador
August Wilson
Brooks Atkinson
Friedman
Gershwin
Hirschfeld
Minskoff
Richard Rodgers
St. James

Schoenfeld will be opening next week

(also the Marquis is open only for refunds/exchanges for canceled performances of Hamilton in 2020 - new sales will be done at Richard Rodgers, of course)

Box offices seem to be opening 3-5 weeks prior to the first performance, although their union is only requiring them to be open 2 weeks prior to first performance. I believe most of the ones you’ve mentioned should be open around Labor Day, except Jacobs may not be until October

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#3Box Offices Open?
Posted: 8/18/21 at 2:52pm

The Hirschfeld opened this morning and the Atkinson opens tomorrow (the BWW article says it is now open, not true). I take your word about the Schoenfeld, ElphabaGoodman.

Oh look, a bibu!

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#4Box Offices Open?
Posted: 8/18/21 at 2:56pm

The Brooks is open today. Was unsure too but I went and it was. Must just be celebrating the opening tomorrow.