pixeltracker

US set to let the UK & EU back in from Nov - boost for Broadway?

US set to let the UK & EU back in from Nov - boost for Broadway?

binau Profile Photo
binau
#1US set to let the UK & EU back in from Nov - boost for Broadway?
Posted: 9/20/21 at 10:36am

Hopefully this provides a little boost 

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/20/politics/biden-administration-international-travel-restrictions/index.html

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2US set to let the UK & EU back in from Nov - boost for Broadway?
Posted: 9/20/21 at 10:40am

I think it’s going to provide a huge boost - this is wonderful news.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3US set to let the UK & EU back in from Nov - boost for Broadway?
Posted: 9/20/21 at 10:41am

Updated On: 9/20/21 at 10:41 AM

SamG88
#4US set to let the UK & EU back in from Nov - boost for Broadway?
Posted: 9/24/21 at 6:37am

I'll be coming in February, was in the process of assembling everything to start canceling the trip when the announcement hit. Such excitement for me to have that on the horizon as we enter the dark winter nights here. 6 shows to look forward to and more importantly I get to reunite with my aunt who is also a dear friend and my theatre buddy after what will be 2 years and 6 months apart. I may have wept in the supermarket when my phone pinged with the news! 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5US set to let the UK & EU back in from Nov - boost for Broadway?
Posted: 9/24/21 at 7:03am

Hopefully they are ready for international travel! 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos