pixeltracker

Discount Kelli O'Hara Diamond Series

Discount Kelli O'Hara Diamond Series

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#1Discount Kelli O'Hara Diamond Series
Posted: 9/29/21 at 5:10pm

For anyone who has really wanted to see that Kelli O'Hara concert at 54 Below but can't stop gagging every time they see the prices, TodayTix has one Sunday Main Dining Room seat for $250 plus a $15 service, and at least two VIP and Ringside seats available also for $100 off plus small fee.

There are many seats still available on the 54 Below website and they may be finding other ways to clear out seats discounted, but I don't know what they are.

JSquared2
#2Discount Kelli O'Hara Diamond Series
Posted: 9/29/21 at 5:14pm

You think $265 for an hour long cabaret show is less "gag worthy"?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3Discount Kelli O'Hara Diamond Series
Posted: 9/29/21 at 5:19pm

That “Diamond Series” is insane.

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#4Discount Kelli O'Hara Diamond Series
Posted: 9/29/21 at 6:47pm

Given the whole package, I don't think that it's much different than dinner and a show, and it's been a very long time since I saw a show so there's some money in the entertainment budget. It includes three course dinner, one cocktail and tip so it's not so absurd.

It's also much more than an hour. For the premiere Jason Robert Brown and Stephen Pasquale were guests and they sang the entirety of "Before and After You/ One Second and a Million Miles." Ruthie Ann was a guest as well.

Someone was impressed.

https://dcmetrotheaterarts.com/2021/09/29/tony-winner-kelli-ohara-launches-the-premiere-diamond-series-at-feinsteins-54-below/

Updated On: 9/30/21 at 06:47 PM

BoringBoredBoard40
#5Discount Kelli O'Hara Diamond Series
Posted: 9/29/21 at 9:26pm

I can't believe they are actually doing this series, how absurdly tone deaf after the last 18 months

JasonC3
#6Discount Kelli O'Hara Diamond Series
Posted: 9/29/21 at 9:54pm

Many people, and probably some in the target audience for this series, did quite well financially in the past 18 months.

rkade21
#7Discount Kelli O'Hara Diamond Series
Posted: 9/29/21 at 10:19pm

OlBlueEyes said: "Given the whole package, I don't think that it's much different than dinner and a show, and it's been a very long time since I saw a show so there's some money in the entertainment budget. It includes three course dinner, one cocktail and tipso it's not so absurd.

It's also much more than an hour. For the premiere Jason Robert Brown and Stephen Pasquale were guests and they sang the entirety of"Before and After You/ One Second and a Million Miles." Ruthie Ann was a guest as well.
"

My thoughts too. A typical show there from a notable name, with dinner/drinks/tip, doesn’t cost much or any less. I’d gladly have paid to see those guests!

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#8Discount Kelli O'Hara Diamond Series
Posted: 10/5/21 at 10:41pm

So, with no guests for the last show of the run except Ruthie Ann (they sang a duet), this did turn into kind of an overpriced 90 minute concert. So many novelty songs. From her childhood, from her children's favorites, from colleagues. And she did a gender switcher when she sang "This Nearly Was Mine." It was better than taking on "Ol' Man River."

The free cocktail turned out to be a glass of weak sparkling wine. The hors d'oeuvres (4) were chosen more for their visual eccentricity than for taste. I would have traded them all for two pigs in a blanket. And the Parmesan Chicken bore no resemblance to chicken parmigiana, although I guess I knew that. 

In a small room, why does someone who has played the Met and is always facing the audience need a microphone? Kelli, of course, couldn't put on a bad concert, even if I preferred Sierra Boggess's set list a few weeks ago.

This High Def video looks better full screen.

"I'm Going to Go Back There Someday" and "What More Do I Need"