News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rkade21

Member Name: rkade21
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE GREAT GATSBY @ Paper Mill Playhouse Thread  Oct 18 2023, 08:31:11 PM

MarilynMonroeSmash said: "I attended last night and this was probably one of the worst pieces of theater I have ever seen.

To preface, I must say the performances are excellent though. The cast is making the most out of nothing. I wish Jeremy was in the Florence Welch production because he’s a great Gatsby; he just has terrible material to work with. I also enjoyed some of the direction and the sets (except for Gatsby’s mansion, which looked like a factory), bu

Stephanie J. Block to lead SUNSET BOULEVARD at the Kennedy Center  Aug 24 2022, 02:22:32 PM

I was able to get what appeared to be about the last Guys and Dolls ticket for the final Saturday two shows, ex-companion seats or what seems to be recently released extreme side obstructed view seats. Not great but I’ll take it. 

also booked tickets for Papermill’s Sound of Music and Rent, neither of which I’ve seen on stage, so it was an exciting (and expensive) day! 

Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?  Aug 24 2022, 01:47:32 PM

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Is Chris...okay? He's always been pretty obnoxious when it comes to his takes, but that thread is borderline unhinged, particularly with the way he calls out another person, who was actually really nice to him in the thread."

I’ve considered trying to engage with him in comments and ask him bluntly whether he acknowledges the **considerable** change in terms of diversity in casting and productions brought to Broadway and other major v

Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?  Aug 24 2022, 09:23:56 AM

What are some some supporting role dreamcasts?

read a social media comment about Patrick Page as Turpin rumors.

No idea about her Groban relationship from Great Comet, but Denée Benton seems a likely Johanna contender? Ariana DeBose, Joaquina or Aisha Jackson? Ashley Park, Pippa, someone from Six rising fame?

Anthony… Jordan Donica, Matt Doyle (Barrow Street production), Jordan Fisher…?

Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?  Aug 24 2022, 08:59:12 AM

DCS said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "I don't anticipate people will willing to pay Hugh Jackman or Bette Midler prices for this. Myself included."

Groban has a huge following; so, I wouldn't be surprised to see this be a hot ticket for the first several months of its run.

"

Not only that, but a huge following that when made as a Venn diagram with the biggest theater ticket buying demo, is practically a circle - middle Alag

INTO THE WOODS Reviews  Aug 21 2022, 05:50:52 PM

Kad said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Saw a tweet about Andrew Rannells being at the show tonight. Preparation, perhaps?"

Actors are known to go to shows for, like, fun and to support friends, too.

"

Ciara Renee was sitting right in front of me at ITW, and Afra Hines right in front at Encores Tap Dance Kid… from the looks of it, coincidentally both to see and support their friend Joshua Henry (among othe

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Aug 19 2022, 12:29:18 PM

akhoya87 said: "AllThatJazz2 said: "What’s the price range for tickets? I know the release said starting at $145."

All tickets are showing up as $149 for me. Oddly enough, availability seems to be worst in January?
"

Re: January, no idea if this is a cause, but as someone whose partner and usual 2nd ticket seatmate will be slammed with Nutcracker rehearsals and performances until after Christmas… January is my likely target b

SING STREET ??  Aug 19 2022, 11:22:04 AM

Casting changes seemed inevitable - time and aging of young cast aside - given the changing social winds from before vs after the pandemic.

will definitely miss Gus Halper, the character was a highlight of the movie and NYTW staging, and the song they gave him was great and he knocked it out of the park

SING STREET ??  Aug 19 2022, 11:22:04 AM

Casting changes seemed inevitable - time and aging of young cast aside - given the changing social winds from before vs after the pandemic.

will definitely miss Gus Halper, the character was a highlight of the movie and NYTW staging, and the song they gave him was great and he knocked it out of the park

Night Music at Barrington Stage  Aug 11 2022, 09:15:07 PM

I saw opening preview on Aug 6. I’d not seen the show before but have really embraced Sondheim since the pandemic, and listened to the original cast album a lot plus read plenty of analysis on particular scenes as covered in The Secret Life of the American Musical. I haven’t seen a ton of regional or summer shows but overall I felt it was terrific. No glaringly weak performances, a few exceptional ones, some music - lyrics timing/rhythm trips in Now/Later and Miller’s Son wh

Waitress Casting  Nov 8 2021, 04:23:08 PM

“Perfect” may get thrown around too liberally sometimes, but “perfect casting” is all I can think of with Josh Henry (and Ciara).  Cannot wait. Was wondering if if find reason for a 10th visit, and here it is.

CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews  Nov 3 2021, 04:31:03 PM
I don’t know htf I let this slip by me - I have been dying to see Pasquale live and see some Sondheim and invested in a project Swenson is attached to and would love to see him perform….. and to add insult to injury, this is a block away from the apartment I lived in for three years until September. Well done, me!

Sure hope some cancellations happen or I score in the lottery or they extend and I bad tickets!

Ciara Renée is the Next Jenna in WAITRESS on Broadway  Nov 2 2021, 11:06:59 AM
I’m thrilled, and surprised so many people saying they haven’t heard of her or “not a big name”…. even if her run was unfairly short, being chosen as the Elsa to take over for Caissie Levy should’ve made her a fairly (Broadway) household name, either that or you all need to have about 1,000 listens to the masterpiece Hunchback of Notre Dame cast recording. I’ve listened to her Someday more times than I can count.
When did  Oct 26 2021, 02:13:07 PM
Probably in lockstep with the mass commercialization of Broadway? If you want and need to appeal to all, especially tourists, you’re going to get a diverse crowd… attire included.

Part of it for me was when I started going to A Lot of shows, it was less of a “special occasion” and just part of my routine, also my office moving to smart casual dress helped as I often go to shows straight from work.

The writer of Come From Away complimented the tshirt I was wearing on their re-o

CAROLINE, OR CHANGE Previews  Oct 9 2021, 01:41:16 PM
Was there and with far less pre-existing familiarity with the show or score than others. Which made it a little tough for me. Kushner’s non-linear story-telling and “lots going on” and sung through book just made it tough to really understand the lyrics - especially whenever the objects were singing, but even Emmie’s huge closing number I was a little lost on the story.

Still really enjoyed it, made me have to think a lot about the messages and themes, the entire cast was great… am a Ca

Discount Kelli O'Hara Diamond Series  Sep 29 2021, 10:19:59 PM

OlBlueEyes said: "Given the whole package, I don't think that it's much different than dinner and a show, and it's been a very long time since I saw a show so there's some money in the entertainment budget. It includes three course dinner, one cocktail and tipso it's not so absurd.

It's also much more than an hour. For the premiere Jason Robert Brown and Stephen Pasquale were guests and they sang the entirety of"Before and After You/ One Second

"Almost Famous" and "Sing Street"  Sep 29 2021, 08:07:26 PM

steven22 said: "Dan6 said: "In today's NYT article on Daniel Craig's Macbeth, Barbara Broccoli, who is also producing Sing Street, said she still has plans to bring it to Broadway but wouldn't say when other than "we're trying to figure out the best way to bring it back."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/29/theater/daniel-craig-macbeth-broadway.html
"

I was a huge fan of Sing Street at NYTW. I'd love to say the cast should continue with the show BUT they're so much older now. Do we think they'll recast it?
"

only ~2 years older, and they were pretty real to portrayed age at the time… 2 years doesn’t make a big difference when it’s live on stage, vs on film. Ben Platt was 24 playing high school Evan on stage and nobody questioned it. Brenock O’Connor is still only 21 and his lead character is about the same age as Evan. 

they were a great cast, I hope they get to see the Broadway open 

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?  Sep 29 2021, 12:47:30 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "Just back from the show tonight. It’s in wonderful shape and Jeremy is…adorable. He plays it much “geekier” than Groff did and you just want to hug him. Tammy is fascinating. This is my fourth time seeing the show since it began and I’ve said I haven’t exactly loved her in the role. I always felt her singing was fine but her acting choices were very very odd. Well now, it’s a complete reversal. I thought she played the

Waitress Casting  Sep 22 2021, 12:00:47 PM
For a limited run, where theoretically money isn’t the main objective (how naive of me), and the show will likely sell regardless…. I’m pretty disappointed they’re opting for a stunt casting. I heard from an insider that they did *try* to get someone who would’ve pleased a lot of theater fans, but weren’t able.
Waitress Casting  Sep 18 2021, 10:37:24 PM
I have dreams of Jessie Mueller returning to close the role, or an Adrienne Warren - Joshua Henry casting after seeing her sing SUTBM and him duets some Waitress songs.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You