pixeltracker

Selecting one seat only for online lotteries?

Selecting one seat only for online lotteries?

forfivemoreminutes
#1Selecting one seat only for online lotteries?
Posted: 10/20/21 at 6:05pm

I'm wondering if there is a disadvantage to selecting one seat only, rather than two, when I'm entering online lotteries. Or are the odds the same regardless of whether I select one or two seats?

gibsons2
#2Selecting one seat only for online lotteries?
Posted: 10/20/21 at 6:16pm

I was told years ago that it's easier to win the Hamilton lottery if you select 1 seat. I've had bad luck either way for years now, not winning once. Not sure if there's any truth or logic behind that advice. All other lotteries have been won fairly easy (still waiting for Aladdin) whether I selected 1 or 2 tickets. I think it's purely random.

adotburr
#3Selecting one seat only for online lotteries?
Posted: 10/20/21 at 6:17pm

I started playing the lottery 9/20. Won 1 seat to Hadestown on 10/12 for 10/13 matinee. Not sure if that helps answer your question.

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

ccbway
#4Selecting one seat only for online lotteries?
Posted: 10/21/21 at 3:16am

Mathematically, it should marginally increase your chances, if anything - but anecdotally I've noticed the same thing that it seems like rarely win when entering for one.  I'm sure that's just confirmation bias or something.

ellbellthomps
#5Selecting one seat only for online lotteries?
Posted: 10/21/21 at 8:24am

gibsons2 said: "I was told years ago that it's easier to win the Hamilton lottery if you select 1 seat. I've had bad luck either way for years now, not winning once. Not sure if there's any truth or logic behind that advice. All other lotteries have been won fairly easy (still waiting for Aladdin) whether I selected 1 or 2 tickets. I think it's purely random."

Played for a single ticket for Hamilton since 2015 and asked for 2 tickets for a random Wednesday this month and won. Everyone I've talked to has the same story, I'm assuming Hamilton just likes to give 2 away at a time.

Videos