News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Broadway/Off-Broadway Cast Recordings You Recently Found Yourself Loving

Broadway/Off-Broadway Cast Recordings You Recently Found Yourself Loving

~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
#0Broadway/Off-Broadway Cast Recordings You Recently Found Yourself Loving
Posted: 2/6/04 at 5:58pm

Lately I have been listening to different musicals that I KNEW about, but I never took the time to listen to. But now the more I listen to them, the more I start loving them. A Chorus Line, The Graduate and Jesus Christ Superstar are a few of them. Of course, I knew about these musicals and I had listened to music from them before. But after listening to the entire CD's of them, I find myself listening to them all the much more.
Has anyone else had this happen lately? Let me know ! :)

You've gotta have heart AND music

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: Broadway/Off-Broadway Cast Recordings You Recently Found Yourself Loving
Posted: 2/6/04 at 8:16pm

Well for a while I would only listen to a cd a lot after I had seen the show. I had trouble getting into stuff that I hadn't actually seen on stage. But I'm getting off of that, because it was a pretty closed-minded way to be. I just recently bought Tick, Tick... Boom! (which I didn't see) and I fell in love with it after a few times through. I listen to it pretty often now.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BillyLawlor Profile Photo
BillyLawlor
#2re: re: Broadway/Off-Broadway Cast Recordings You Recently Found Yourself Loving
Posted: 2/6/04 at 8:51pm

I've been listening to Aida a lot yesterday. The "Nine" revival is ana amazng recording as well. Those are the two I've been listening to the most recently.

BroadwayKate
#3re: re: re: Broadway/Off-Broadway Cast Recordings You Recently Found Yourself Loving
Posted: 2/6/04 at 11:13pm

For a while I found myself refusing to love Company, but now I can't take it out of my CD player. I never really appreciated the music until about three weeks ago even though I have had the CD forever, and have seen a couple of different productions. I have also found myself revisiting my Ragtime CD, which I hate to admit, had been collecting dust for quite some time....

Kate

say the word...and i just might listen...

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#4re: re: re: re: Broadway/Off-Broadway Cast Recordings You Recently Found Yourself Loving
Posted: 2/6/04 at 11:45pm

grease.

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

jesseeinstein
MariantheLibrarian Profile Photo
MariantheLibrarian
#6re: re: re: Broadway/Off-Broadway Cast Recordings You Recently
Posted: 2/7/04 at 12:49am

Ms. Dee Hoty's awesomeness in Paper Mill's production of Follies.

Jarico Profile Photo
Jarico
#7re: re: re: re: Broadway/Off-Broadway Cast Recordings You Recently
Posted: 2/7/04 at 9:43am

The recordings

"March Of The Falsettos - 1981 Original Off-Broadway Cast"
&
"Falsettoland - 1990 Off-Off-Broadway Cast"

are a just wonderful.

I cannot help the smile on my face everytime I listen:

"I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change - 1996 Original Off-Broadway Cast"

And although I think that I am the only one who thinks this way... my favorite Anything Goes recording is:

"Anything Goes - 1962 Off-Broadway Cast"

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#8re: re: re: re: re: Broadway/Off-Broadway Cast Recordings You Recently
Posted: 2/7/04 at 9:47am

Jarico, you are not the only one who loves the 62 ANYTHING GOES. It is one of my favorites as well.

Thanks to Broadway World Radio, I was compelled to check out PETE AND KEELY, I love it. It is so much fun. And Sally Mayes has a fabulous voice.

PEACE.

Videos