Fritz Holt

K-MO Profile Photo
K-MO
#1Fritz Holt
Posted: 12/4/22 at 1:03pm

Does anyone have a headshot from the 1980s of the much loved (and fondly remembered) production stage manager Fritz Holt? I've seen pictures of him at the "La Cage" recording session but seeing if I can get a picture of him somewhere.  Thanks.

AEA AGMA SM
#2Fritz Holt
Posted: 12/5/22 at 1:08pm

Try reaching out to Jennifer Leigh-Sears Scheier. She recently completed her doctoral thesis on stage management history and has become one of our first go to folks in the stage management community for questions regarding the history of the job, especially in the US. There is a "contact" link on her website: https://stagemanagementhistory.wordpress.com/?fbclid=IwAR2EmvLnqUAvcoonQli__KOD2Cqx_JL2-Zo0vDApBu7C0QBneiciMmQbCjM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#3Fritz Holt
Posted: 12/5/22 at 5:07pm

I don't have a picture of him, but he was very kind to me when I was young, and I adored him.

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#4Fritz Holt
Posted: 12/5/22 at 9:35pm

If you're in the Facebook groups Broadway by Broadway, and Broadway Remembered, there have been tributes to Fritz on at least one or both of these sites in the last couple of months. You might reach out to their admins, who seem to have an inexhaustible source of great photos. All of us who ever worked with Fritz think of him as one of the truly great ones of the era. (He was our patron saint on the OBC of La Cage aux Folles and all of its many tours.)