pixeltracker

Fight/Disruption at Death of a Salesman 12/27- Page 3

Fight/Disruption at Death of a Salesman 12/27

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#50Fight/Disruption at Death of a Salesman 12/27
Posted: 12/30/22 at 10:43pm

People unfortunately pull their phones out to film EVERYTHING now. Concerts, schools, in public places, at work; it's endless. Everyone wants their quick 15 seconds of fame now.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#51Fight/Disruption at Death of a Salesman 12/27
Posted: 1/1/23 at 11:17am

muscle23ftl said: "I actually went to see 1776 (ugh, that show) with a famous BWWer and I asked him if he noticed I slightly took my shoes off, and he had no idea. I honestly don't think anyone ever noticed I took my shoes off during a show, it's done very discretely and I only did it a couple of times when I had to walk a lot and my feet were killing me, some of us have to walk a lot because of the nature of our work. But I won't do it again, since these bitc** queens may murder me."

On behalf of the b*tches, allow me to ask this, would you take your shoes off in a church? At school? What about at a sports game, regardless of inside or outside? No? Then what makes you think a Broadway theater is the perfect place?

Also... yes, we can tell if you take your shoes off. These are tight seats! If you think no one notices you are out of your damn mind.

EDIT: And for the record: I know plenty of people who both work 8 shows a week and train for marathons... they would agree there is 0 need to remove your shoes... unless your shoes are too tight... Are your shoes too tight? 

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12
Updated On: 1/1/23 at 11:17 AM

Islander_fan
#52Fight/Disruption at Death of a Salesman 12/27
Posted: 1/1/23 at 11:37am

If I’m working and I see someone with their shoes off, I tell them to put them back on and never have I gotten an argument back from the patron in question. 

And, as far as phones are concerned. I was ushering a performance of Funny Girl, this guy had his phone out and I gladly shined my flashlight in front of his phone after telling him more than once to put it away. Instead of getting the message, he yelled at me, telling me that me to move because I was blocking his shot. It’s like for some people, they have to have an IQ less than their shoe size in order to be able to see a show. 

Balcony Bill
#53Fight/Disruption at Death of a Salesman 12/27
Posted: 1/2/23 at 9:04am

Where's Merman when you need her? Anyone remember Elaine Stritch's story from At Liberty? An obnoxious drunk guy in the audience kept interrupting Merman, who was in mid-song.  She marched off the stage, hauled the guy out of his seat, took him up the aisle and out into the street, before returning to the stage and finishing her song. 

Zeppie2022
#54Fight/Disruption at Death of a Salesman 12/27
Posted: 1/2/23 at 9:23am

"People unfortunately pull their phones out to film EVERYTHING now. Concerts, schools, in public places, at work; it's endless. Everyone wants their quick 15 seconds of fame now."

It is really sad IMO. They can't sit back and just enjoy a show and let their mind give them hopefully great memories of a performance. People are in such a hurry to film things and put it on FB (for example) to I assume show everyone what a great life they have. They will also post things on YouTube, and I guess they think they are impressing people with how many "hits" their clip gets when posted. A family member of mine was always recording a concert until his wife got mad at him and told him she would never go to another show with him if he did not stop. Guess what, he stopped !!

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#55Fight/Disruption at Death of a Salesman 12/27
Posted: 1/2/23 at 10:48pm

sf2 said: "I've written about this before---I went to a performance of "Grand Hotel" at Encores at City Center. The woman sitting next to me took her shoes off, crossed her legs and scratched her smelly bare feet practically in my face. She then preceded to stick that same hand down the front of her chinos and m@sturbate, all while keeping up a conversation with the person sitting on the other side of her! I simply couldn't believe what I was seeing! That will ALWAYS be the absolute worst theater experience I've ever had to deal with! The staff at City Center refused to reseat me (even to a seat with a much lower ticket price), refused to let me stand and watch the performance, refused to let me speak to to the house manager, and told me to go back to my seat and shut up. I have not been back there since. I don't know what's worse- the horrific person that thought it was all right to m@sturbate in public, or the ushers who treated me like a criminal. Of course I wrote the theater and got the most idiotic response back. And no, I did not go back to my seat!"

Sorry, I do not believe this story. And I do not believe an usher told you to shut up and go back to your seat. 

Islander_fan
#56Fight/Disruption at Death of a Salesman 12/27
Posted: 1/3/23 at 3:41am

UWS10023 said: "sf2 said: "I've written about this before---I went to a performance of "Grand Hotel" at Encores at City Center. The woman sitting next to me took her shoes off, crossed her legs and scratched her smelly bare feet practically in my face. She then preceded to stick that same hand down the front of her chinos and m@sturbate, all while keeping up a conversation with the person sitting on the other side of her! I simply couldn't believe what I was seeing! That will ALWAYS be the absolute worst theater experience I've ever had to deal with! The staff at City Center refused to reseat me (even to a seat with a much lower ticket price), refused to let me stand and watch the performance, refused to let me speak to to the house manager, and told me to go back to my seat and shut up. I have not been back there since. I don't know what's worse- the horrific person that thought it was all right to m@sturbate in public, or the ushers who treated me like a criminal. Of course I wrote the theater and got the most idiotic response back. And no, I did not go back to my seat!"

Sorry, I do not believe this story. And I do not believe an usher told you to shut up and go back to your seat.
"

I call Bull**** on this one as well. I will leave it as I don’t know which part of your story to correct first. 

As for recording and social media. In addition to those who feel the need to record and post everything,  I have also encountered those  who feel that if something wasn’t recorded/photographed and put on social media it never happened. I am not a big social media fan, but, whatever happened to someone creating a memory rather than finding their phone to prove to the world that something really cool happened to them? Is it hard for someone to enjoy a moment without the need to record it for others to see that it happened? 

hearthemsing22
#57Fight/Disruption at Death of a Salesman 12/27
Posted: 1/3/23 at 12:04pm

Islander_fan said: "UWS10023 said: "sf2 said: "I've written about this before---I went to a performance of "Grand Hotel" at Encores at City Center. The woman sitting next to me took her shoes off, crossed her legs and scratched her smelly bare feet practically in my face. She then preceded to stick that same hand down the front of her chinos and m@sturbate, all while keeping up a conversation with the person sitting on the other side of her! I simply couldn't believe what I was seeing! That will ALWAYS be the absolute worst theater experience I've ever had to deal with! The staff at City Center refused to reseat me (even to a seat with a much lower ticket price), refused to let me stand and watch the performance, refused to let me speak to to the house manager, and told me to go back to my seat and shut up. I have not been back there since. I don't know what's worse- the horrific person that thought it was all right to m@sturbate in public, or the ushers who treated me like a criminal. Of course I wrote the theater and got the most idiotic response back. And no, I did not go back to my seat!"

"

I call Bull**** on this one as well. I will leave it as I don’t know which part of your story to correct first.

As for recording and social media. In addition to those who feel the need to record and posteverything,I have also encountered those who feel that if somethingwasn’trecorded/photographed and put on social media it never happened. I am not a big social media fan, but, whatever happened to someone creating a memory rather than finding their phone to prove to the world that something really cool happened to them? Is it hard for someone to enjoy a moment without the need to record it for others to see that it happened?
"

Thank you for putting into words what I have thought constantly, but haven't been able to do myself. It's like if they don't have bootlegs, these things never happened and people must have a record of everything. They must see all alternates in shows or they didn't go on! We need audio of every understudy that has gone on! We need footage of every replacement cast! 

Please. It's too much. Not on here, but social media. I completely agree with you. 

Islander_fan
#58Fight/Disruption at Death of a Salesman 12/27
Posted: 1/3/23 at 12:41pm

hearthemsing22 said: "Islander_fan said: "UWS10023 said: "sf2 said: "I've written about this before---I went to a performance of "Grand Hotel" at Encores at City Center. The woman sitting next to me took her shoes off, crossed her legs and scratched her smelly bare feet practically in my face. She then preceded to stick that same hand down the front of her chinos and m@sturbate, all while keeping up a conversation with the person sitting on the other side of her! I simply couldn't believe what I was seeing! That will ALWAYS be the absolute worst theater experience I've ever had to deal with! The staff at City Center refused to reseat me (even to a seat with a much lower ticket price), refused to let me stand and watch the performance, refused to let me speak to to the house manager, and told me to go back to my seat and shut up. I have not been back there since. I don't know what's worse- the horrific person that thought it was all right to m@sturbate in public, or the ushers who treated me like a criminal. Of course I wrote the theater and got the most idiotic response back. And no, I did not go back to my seat!"

"

As for recording and social media. In addition to those who feel the need to record and posteverything,I have also encountered those who feel that if somethingwasn’trecorded/photographed and put on social media it never happened. I am not a big social media fan, but, whatever happened to someone creating a memory rather than finding their phone to prove to the world that something really cool happened to them? Is it hard for someone to enjoy a moment without the need to record it for others to see that it happened?
"

Thank you for putting into words what I have thought constantly, but haven't been able to do myself. It's like if they don't have bootlegs, these things never happened and people must have a record of everything. They must see all alternates in shows or they didn't go on! We need audio of every understudy that has gone on! We need footage of every replacement cast!

Please. It's too much. Not on here, but social media. I completely agree with you.
"

You’re welcome. And yes, I was talking more about life in general rather than the asinine demands of bootlegs of various casts that we all see here on a nearly constant basis. Personally, whenever I see a thread of that nature or even a comment of that nature in a given thread, I tend to tune it out.

Like for me, for example, to make a very long (though possibly interesting story) short. I will say that I had the chance to meet and chat with for a few with Stephen Colbert after I attended a taping of his show. I was so happy and caught up in the moment, the idea of even asking him for a photo never even crossed my mind. And, I left the Ed Sullivan theatre with a smile on my face and happy with that experience. I texted a friend of mine after, thinking he’d get a kick out of it and he pretty much said I was lying. Why he said that, you may ask? Because there was no photographic proof online.

hearthemsing22
#59Fight/Disruption at Death of a Salesman 12/27
Posted: 1/3/23 at 6:05pm

Islander_fan said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Islander_fan said: "UWS10023 said: "sf2 said: "I've written about this before---I went to a performance of "Grand Hotel" at Encores at City Center. The woman sitting next to me took her shoes off, crossed her legs and scratched her smelly bare feet practically in my face. She then preceded to stick that same hand down the front of her chinos and m@sturbate, all while keeping up a conversation with the person sitting on the other side of her! I simply couldn't believe what I was seeing! That will ALWAYS be the absolute worst theater experience I've ever had to deal with! The staff at City Center refused to reseat me (even to a seat with a much lower ticket price), refused to let me stand and watch the performance, refused to let me speak to to the house manager, and told me to go back to my seat and shut up. I have not been back there since. I don't know what's worse- the horrific person that thought it was all right to m@sturbate in public, or the ushers who treated me like a criminal. Of course I wrote the theater and got the most idiotic response back. And no, I did not go back to my seat!"

"

"

"

You’re welcome. And yes, I was talking more about life in general rather than the asinine demands of bootlegs of various casts that we all see here on a nearly constant basis. Personally, whenever I see a thread of that nature or even a comment of that nature in a given thread, I tend to tune it out.

Like for me, for example, to make a very long (though possibly interesting story) short. I will say that I had the chance to meet and chat with for a few with Stephen Colbert after I attended a taping of his show. I was so happy and caught up in the moment, the idea of even asking him for a photo never even crossed my mind. And, I left the Ed Sullivan theatre with a smile on my face and happy with that experience. I texted a friend of mine after, thinking he’d get a kick out of it and he pretty much said I was lying. Why he said that, you may ask? Because there was no photographic proof online.
"

Your friend-and others who say "but the arts will be lost forever if we don't have a recording of every performance!"-are ridiculous. The arts are not going anywhere. There's enough footage from shows that pique interest and keep people coming or spreading word. It's not the be all end all. Yes it helps, but people are being ridiculous if they're like "we need this footage or amazing performances will be lost forever!". You see shows for the experience of being in the theater. Yes, of course there will be shows people miss. But that will ALWAYS happen and people will survive. They'll be fine. But noooo it's like the worst thing ever if they can't have access. Social media really has ruined it.