News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month

Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#1Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 7/18/23 at 8:37am

*swooooooooon*

Starting August 8th

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Austin-Scott-Joins-the-Cast-of-JULIET-Next-Month-20230718

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

hearthemsing22
#2Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 7/18/23 at 9:02am

Honestly didn't think Stark would be the first to leave, but yes, I agree with you about Austin Scott....*swoooon* indeed! Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month

ElephantLoveMedley
#3Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 7/18/23 at 9:16am

Fantastic casting.

OuttaTowner
#4Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 7/18/23 at 9:27am

I suspect Stark is taking a break before launching into rehearsals for Swept Away at Arena Stage. Am hoping that production eventually wends its way to NYC (perhaps to an Off Broadway house).

quizking101
#5Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 7/18/23 at 10:07am

He has also been with the production for a year if you count the Toronto run - and I know he takes time to be with his family and wife. So I think the downtime before his next project is a good healthy choice.

I will be going back for Austin Scott though because he was a highlight of GIRL FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY and I wanted him to get a Tony nod for that.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

heybaby
#6Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 7/18/23 at 4:43pm

Austin Scott is the swooooooniest. 

PipingHotPiccolo
#7Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 7/18/23 at 9:37pm

An incredibly talented man, phenomenal in Hamilton. 

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#8Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 7/19/23 at 12:10am

hearthemsing22 said: "Honestly didn't think Stark would be the first to leave, but yes, I agree with you about Austin Scott....*swoooon* indeed! Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month"

As soon as I saw Swept Away was doing another tryout, I figured he might bow out of & Juliet. Excited to see Austin's interpretation of the role, though!

B212323
#9Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 7/19/23 at 12:33am

msmp said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Honestly didn't think Stark would be the first to leave, but yes, I agree with you about Austin Scott....*swoooon* indeed! Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month"

As soon as I sawSwept Awaywas doing another tryout, I figured he might bow out of& Juliet. Excited to see Austin's interpretation of the role, though!
"

Stark has been attached to Swept Away for a while and I'm guessing it's Broadway bound. 

brando193
#10Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 7/19/23 at 12:35am

Curious on thoughts…if I haven’t seen the show before, do you think I should try to catch Stark before he leaves or just hold out until Austin joins??

OuttaTowner
#11Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 7/19/23 at 8:17am

Stark is very good, but (others may disagree) IMO, Shakespeare is almost a supporting role and is relegated to the sidelines during much of the show. His wife - and the cast in the Juliet storyline - are much more the primary roles. I realize that doesn’t really answer your question,  but I wouldn’t go expecting either individual to be the reason you attend. The show itself is great - fast, funny, great choreography and of course, all the music. I think you’ll enjoy no matter who you see in the Shakespeare roll. 

quizking101
#12Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 8/7/23 at 12:27pm

According to his Instagram story, Nick Edwards is on as Shakespeare tomorrow. Wonder what pushed off Austin’s Debut

https://instagram.com/stories/nickedwardsnyc/3164225393158830488?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#13Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 8/11/23 at 10:58pm

Austin made his Shakespeare debut tonight! Did anyone here go?

Oh look, a bibu!

quizking101
#14Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 8/12/23 at 1:44pm

Got Orchestra B-4 for TodayTix rush this afternoon, worried that the early (late?) debut was a fluke. But alas, he is officially in! I will report back later

trpguyy
#15Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 8/12/23 at 2:55pm

His debut was always scheduled to be 8/15, but he was put into the show (apparently) due to the number of absences in the company. 

quizking101
#16Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 8/12/23 at 3:36pm

trpguyy said: "His debut was always scheduled to be 8/15, but he was put into the show (apparently) due to the number of absences in the company."

…Did you not read the article that starts this thread?

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Austin-Scott-Joins-the-Cast-of-JULIET-Next-Month-20230718

trpguyy
#17Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 8/12/23 at 4:58pm

The article is irrelevant. I know as a matter of fact that his put-in was always scheduled for 8/11, and understudy Joe Moeller was scheduled to play Shakespeare this entire week, as he’d posted numerous times on Instagram. 

quizking101
#18Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 8/12/23 at 5:05pm

The best way I can describe Scott’s Shakespeare is using the comparison of when Hamilton went from Lin to Javier.

Stark, like Lin, was scrappy, sarcastic, and had a bit more grit in his vocals, especially when it came to the rock songs,

Austin is a whole presence. He commanded the stage from the jump and I would not have been able to guess it was his only his second performance. He was smooth, suave, and snarky in all the right moments and, perhaps most importantly, had great chemistry with Betsy (with one or two small physical gags playing to their massive height difference.)

LSS: Go see Austin. Vocally, I prefer him as very Stark and you can definitely see the sex appeal he brings to Shakespeare

quizking101
#19Austin Scott joins & JULIET as “Shakespeare” next month
Posted: 8/22/23 at 5:42pm

Per his Instagram, he suffered a head injury backstage on Saturday, so he’s out for a little bit with Joe Moeller and Nick Edwards covering until then

Videos