pixeltracker

Moulin Rouge Christmas Gift Scam

Moulin Rouge Christmas Gift Scam

nativenewyorker2
#1Moulin Rouge Christmas Gift Scam
Posted: 12/16/23 at 5:35pm

The moulin rouge producers said in lieu of Christmas gifts (which they have gotten in the past) the producers will make a tax deductible donation (that the producers can use for a tax break on themselves)

give the company and crew the gifts they’ve worked hard all year for!!!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#2Moulin Rouge Christmas Gift Scam
Posted: 12/16/23 at 9:18pm

SH*Tty behavior from the producers but it’s not a scam. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3Moulin Rouge Christmas Gift Scam
Posted: 12/16/23 at 9:42pm

They worked all year for a Christmas gift? They should have asked for an actual salary . 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#4Moulin Rouge Christmas Gift Scam
Posted: 12/17/23 at 2:17pm

Why did the producers even announce they are donating money? It just seems performative.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#5Moulin Rouge Christmas Gift Scam
Posted: 12/17/23 at 5:53pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Why did the producers even announce they are donating money? It just seems performative."

One imagines that's the point, honestly. "See, we're not stingy, we're being generous!" etc etc.

Very poor behavior by the producers. The show sells, they can afford to throw the cast and crew a little extra.