News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Musical adaptation of TRICK rom-com in the works by film writer

Musical adaptation of TRICK rom-com in the works by film writer

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1Musical adaptation of TRICK rom-com in the works by film writer
Posted: 1/31/24 at 10:25am

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Musical-Adaptation-of-1999-Gay-Rom-Com-TRICK-is-in-the-Works-20240131

A musical adaptation is in the works for the 1999 gay rom-com, Trick! The film's star, Christian Campbell told The Messenger that writer Jason Schafer is working on a stage musical that is still in the early stages.

"Jason is writing a musical right now. He's writing a musical adaptation because he always thought it would be a good musical," said Campbell.

Campbell also revealed that he offered to help produce the forthcoming stage show.

"And so, we're in the works for something right now. Musicals take a long time to develop, and we're in the early stages of it. But there's a first draft," he said.

Schafer went on to say that, for years, he had been approached about the potential of a musical adaptation of this film, but he had no interest.

"And then, it was sometime during the pandemic, another producer reached out and asked about it, and that kind of started me thinking about it," he said. "I think now, I've had enough time where revisiting it just feels like a fun thing for me."

Read the original story on The Messenger.

Trick is a 1999 American gay-themed romantic comedy film directed by Jim Fall and starring Christian CampbellJohn Paul Pitoc, Miss Coco Peru, and Tori Spelling. Independently produced by Eric d'Arbeloff, Ross Katz, and Fall, the film was written by Jason Schafer.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
#3Musical adaptation of TRICK rom-com in the works by film writer
Posted: 2/2/24 at 4:52pm

He's been trying to produce a film sequel for years. Is a stage adaptation easier to fundraise for than a new film?

“Trick” Sequel in the Works for Gay Classic’s 20th Anniversary | News | Logo TV

threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com

Poconopanther
#4Musical adaptation of TRICK rom-com in the works by film writer
Posted: 2/7/24 at 10:42am

An adorable movie! This would be an amazing off Broadway show. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#5Musical adaptation of TRICK rom-com in the works by film writer
Posted: 2/7/24 at 5:35pm

I remember this movie! I’m guessing one of the songs will be the “Enter you” song that was sung by Tori Spelling in the movie.

i also liked the song “Trick of Fate” that was sung in the end credits by Valerie Pinkston. Not sure if they can incorporate that song in the musical.

Videos