News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Poconopanther

Member Name: Poconopanther
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Musical adaptation of TRICK rom-com in the works by film writer
 Feb 7 2024, 10:42:46 AM

An adorable movie! This would be an amazing off Broadway show. 

Any news on Muriel’s Wedding?
 Sep 15 2023, 09:36:48 AM

Fat Ham or Primary Trust
 Jun 21 2023, 03:00:36 PM

Both are great! You actually can’t make a mistake either way. 

New Look for BroadwayWorld!
 May 7 2023, 09:48:39 AM

Fantastic! I use an iPad to read the Message Board. Looks fantastic! 

DOWNSTATE - reviews
 Jan 8 2023, 02:01:21 PM

Was very fortunate to see Downstate’s final performance last night. WOW! The story and cast were incredible!

While I’d love to see it transfer to Broadway (for the possible honors it could receive) there was something about being in the small theater. I felt like the proverbial “fly on the wall.” Doubt that could be replicated in a larger house.

BCEFA FLEA MARKET 2022 COLLECTORS UNITE!!
 Sep 26 2022, 04:54:15 PM

This was my third visit to the Flea Market. I only did one loop, but managed to buy a Simba toy for my grand niece, picked up some plastic tumblers, got a colorful hat and won 2 tickets to The Lion King. 

Most fun was meeting Lucy St. Louis, AKA Christine Daae in Phantom’s West End production. Not knowing who she was, other than a striking woman getting her picture taken in front of Phantom on Broadway…during the craziness of the Flea Market, I struck

Broadway’s Joshua Henry opening for Diana Ross at Hollywood Bowl .
 Aug 19 2022, 06:56:19 PM

Saw Josh last summer at Tavern on the Green. Those audiences are in for a treat! He is amazing!

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
 Jun 21 2022, 12:22:47 PM

WOW! Saw the show last night from the balcony and was blown away. Friends were in town from California and everything else was sold out or dark. Purchased cheap balcony tix as I saw the show a few years ago and was underwhelmed…now I wish I was in center orchestra. This cast (with great swings and understudies) was full of talent, emotion and energy. 

A Case For The Existence of God (New Samuel D Hunter Play)
 Jun 3 2022, 01:08:44 PM

Saw it last Saturday. It’s a WOW!  

That said, it is a little show. 2 characters who sit in a cubicle for 95% of the show…with subtle light changes. It’s in a great space now.

Never say never, but that doesn’t have blockbuster written all over. 

Hamilton in Buffalo
 Sep 19 2021, 05:14:51 PM

Hamilton has the good fortune of being in a 1300 seat theater on Broadway. That is much smaller than most touring houses. Also, although the set would be identical to Broadway, somewhere I herd that they have outfitted the Richard Rogers Theater with almost 200 speakers…the Touring companies may not have that luxury. 

Camp Morning Wood
 Jun 20 2021, 07:33:30 PM

Saw the 5:30PM show last night. They checked for proof of vaccination prior to allowing audiences members into the theater. Although not sold-out, there were very few empty seats. They started on time and most of the sound challenges mentioned above were fixed as the actors all wore microphones. 

This show is nothing short of adorable! Each of the actors deserved kudos as the performance was very enjoyable! It was a great re-introduction to crowds and theater. 

Hamilton film awards - Will it happen? Should it?
 Jul 5 2020, 10:18:14 AM

Has Hollywood released much this year? Most of what they are releasing seems to be direct to video as the theaters are closed. While clearly a video of a Broadway show... attempting to argue against it qualifying for movie awards would be attempting to discover some distinctions (live audience), without a real difference.

Your First Broadway Show
 Jun 16 2020, 10:38:39 AM

My first Broadway show was “Lorelei” staring Carol Channing at the Palace! 1974, I was 13!

What Broadway Play Do You Regret Not Seeing?
 Jun 9 2020, 05:35:24 PM

Choir Boy

In the Heights (Kennedy Center)

Angles in America

WHEN WILL THEY ANNOUNCE
 Apr 10 2020, 10:21:54 AM

The folks that work on Broadway (the actors and everyone behind the scene) are unlikely to put their health and that of their family at risk. Broadway (what shows are left) is unlikely to open before its “safe.” 

Best touring production you have ever seen?
 Nov 5 2019, 06:18:23 PM

I saw the current touring production of Miss Saigon in LA this past summer and on Broadway two years ago. Both were remarkable! The current tour is Simple amazing. Beautiful sets... wonderful cast... great spectacle!

Best Scene Changes
 Aug 28 2019, 09:41:00 AM

The set changes in  “Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime” were amazing! A technological marvel!

Show Curtains
 Jun 25 2019, 08:32:44 AM
Love this post! Bumping it
Tony Trophy
 May 1 2019, 11:17:35 PM

That is actually very cool, and I’m sure you are correct. That said, look at the engraving plaque on a Tony... it doesn’t look as finished as the Oscar. Just an opinion. 

nasty_khakis said: "This is silly. All major awards have an engraved plaque that says the category and name of the winner and they all look the same "quality."

You usually carried the award around for the night and sent it back into the organization to be engraved. Now the Oscars do it onsite back stage. Here's a clip of Regina King getting hers done this year.

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1099928671907766273?lang=en
"

Tony Trophy
 May 1 2019, 11:04:34 PM

dramamama611 said: "That's exactly what he's referring to, the award name plate.

Yes, the Tony Award which has been around since 1947 (ish) needs a facelift. Who wants some traditional old thing in their home to gaze at.

And by the way....nearly every award has them - although they are often put on the statues after the awards show.

Thanks...I think I’ve seen the other major awards (maybe not).

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You