News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

After Midnight at Paper Mill looks amazing

After Midnight at Paper Mill looks amazing

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#2After Midnight at Paper Mill looks amazing
Posted: 2/5/24 at 6:36pm

It does look amazing. I’m selling an extra ticket for 40 bucks. Can change the date to whenever. Seeing this in a couple weeks.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#3After Midnight at Paper Mill looks amazing
Posted: 2/5/24 at 7:57pm

BETTY22 said: "Work a trip to the playhouse. WOW.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photos-Video-Get-a-First-Look-at-AFTER-MIDNIGHT-at-Paper-Mill-Playhouse-20240205
"

Amazing...........really? I'll pass.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Broadway Flash
#4After Midnight at Paper Mill looks amazing
Posted: 2/5/24 at 8:02pm

I think it looks fantastic. And it’s getting good reviews 

Anthony Sunday
#5After Midnight at Paper Mill looks amazing
Posted: 2/6/24 at 2:38am

The Paper Mill bots always kill me.

Broadway Flash
#6After Midnight at Paper Mill looks amazing
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:38am

Who the hell are you?

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#7After Midnight at Paper Mill looks amazing
Posted: 2/6/24 at 6:30am

It looks like a generic production to me. The pictures don't necessarily sell me on it.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Broadway Flash
#8After Midnight at Paper Mill looks amazing
Posted: 2/6/24 at 6:53am

There’s a trailer too.  I love the music in the show. 

Miss10036 Profile Photo
Miss10036
#9After Midnight at Paper Mill looks amazing
Posted: 2/6/24 at 2:45pm

I went over the weekend and it was a nice night out, but I wasn’t particularly taken with it.  Revues aren’t really my bag, though.  It’s a smaller cast—maybe 9 or 10 people—and the main appeal is seeing a bunch of very talented dancers do what they do best.  I was most impressed with James T. Lane, Sasha Hutchings, and Aramie Payton.  I hadn’t seen Payton in anything before, and I wasn’t surprised to find out later that he was the original MJ standby—he moves so well and stood out here, even though he had less to do.  The rest of the cast was solid and the band sounded great.  I watched some b-roll from the Broadway production online afterward and I feel like I’d have enjoyed this more with a larger cast and higher production value.

Unfortunately, my performance was plagued with some rough sound issues.  Perhaps it’s trickier to get the mic levels right in a dance-heavy show, but there were many points in the show where I could hardly hear the vocals, including in some of the solo numbers.  I always anticipate some sound wonkiness at an early performance of anything (though I’ve generally lucked out at the Paper Mill, I don’t think I’ve ever had sound issues impact my enjoyment of a show before despite going early in most runs), but this was distracting.  Hopefully they sort it out if they haven’t already.

Videos