pixeltracker

Golden Theater - View From The Back Rows

Golden Theater - View From The Back Rows

RumTumJM
#1Golden Theater - View From The Back Rows
Posted: 3/15/24 at 5:05pm

Well, after getting a GREAT deal on a Sterophonic seat for the April 20th performance, it looks like I might have to sell my ticket. (The previews pricing, for some reason, extended to the day after the show's opening.)

However, I am looking at getting another ticket for another show. But, since I only spent $40 for my original ticket, I don't really want to spend much more than that for this other performance. 

I notice that they are selling the last 2 rows for $48 or so. - So, I must ask, how is the view from there? (I know that the Golden isn't a huge theater.) Is the view particularly bad? - Can you even see the actors' faces? - Would the last row of the theater be that much worse from my original ticket, which was in the 1st row of the rear mezzanine?

As always, thanks for the information and guidance! You all are the best, when it comes to this stuff!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#2Golden Theater - View From The Back Rows
Posted: 3/15/24 at 5:11pm

The view is good, but you won't see faces, and the front row of the rear mezzanine would be considerably better. However, if you can get rear mezzanine H 102, it's literally dead center at the top of the stairs with unlimited legroom, which is really nice. The seating chart shows row H as left and right, but it's a continuous row of seats.

Updated On: 3/15/24 at 05:11 PM

JoeW4 Profile Photo
JoeW4
#3Golden Theater - View From The Back Rows
Posted: 3/15/24 at 5:22pm

If I'm being totally honest: I've sat in the rear-mezz at the Golden many times, and while it's perfectly tolerable for a low price, it's worse than you'd expect for a theatre of that small size. I've always hated the theatres with a separate Rear-Mezz section -- even in a small theatre like the Golden, it makes me FEEL far away. And Stereophonic is kind of a "lean-in" sort of play: somewhat understated, the kind of play you want to feel absorbed in. So I'd think you could benefit greatly from front-mezz over rear-mezz.

But again, I'm saying this as someone who prefers to pay rock-bottom prices regardless of the seat, which is why I've sat in that rear-mezz so many times, even though I don't particularly like it. So like, it's obviously not THAT bad.

Take and use all that information how you will!

nasty_khakis
#4Golden Theater - View From The Back Rows
Posted: 3/15/24 at 5:33pm

It's SHOCKINGLY terrible for a theatre of that size. I've had to leave some shows at the intermission or BEG to change seats because the sound design is so poor I cannot follow dialogue. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#5Golden Theater - View From The Back Rows
Posted: 3/15/24 at 5:36pm

For a theatre with only 800 seats, the mezzanine does feel more cavernous than cozy, but I think $39 for the back rows is a fair price.

Updated On: 3/15/24 at 05:36 PM

RumTumJM
#6Golden Theater - View From The Back Rows
Posted: 3/16/24 at 5:44pm

Well, that just about answers it, then! LOL! - Thank you, very much, everyone!

Since I will likely sell my current ticket, is StubHub a good place to do so? (Do theater fans frequent that site as much as concert & sporting event fans?)