cast cd's

bryan32
#1cast cd's
Posted: 6/4/24 at 8:59pm

I do not get why these shows are just doing streaming like hell's kites and cuffs  the wiz we need the cd's made for people who do not do streaming

DCS
#2cast cd's
Posted: 6/5/24 at 5:11pm

my guess is that Hells Kitchen, Suffs and The Wiz will all be released on CD at a later date. Digital releases almost always come first because that's the quickest to get turned around and released, while physical CDs need to be sent to pressing plant and need to have booklets printed, which takes time (and extra $$$).  Then, if there's additional demand, you might also see a vinyl release.  Often the digital release date and CD release date are publicized at the same time, but sometimes not.  Be patient...I am sure you'll hear CD release dates for those soon!

bryan32
#3cast cd's
Posted: 6/5/24 at 5:33pm

so do so do not like mr satay night and mrs doutfire

hearthemsing22
#4cast cd's
Posted: 6/5/24 at 5:38pm

bryan32 said: "so do so do not like mr satay night and mrs doutfire"

Huh? I'm also guessing the market for actual physical CDs is not very big right now given the streaming options. It's not like there's some vendetta against them. It just cost money and they want to be smart and prioritize 

bryan32
#5cast cd's
Posted: 6/5/24 at 6:29pm

sorry I was trying to say sum do put shows  on cd's but sum do not why can they just put the cd out when the downloading is out. to be fair for everone

Soozie
#6cast cd's
Posted: 6/5/24 at 6:47pm

bryan32 said: "sorry I was trying to say sum do put shows on cd's but sum do not why can they just put the cd out when the downloading is out. to be fair for everone

"

Another poster already explained this.....that CDs take longer to make. This isn't about "fairness for everyone."  Current shows most likely wish to get their original Broadway cast albums out as soon as possible and it is quicker to release it on streaming platforms and then as soon as they can, they have the CDs made and the liner notes, etc. which take longer.  I don't see why they must release both on the same date. 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#7cast cd's
Posted: 6/5/24 at 7:25pm

I’ve heard that both HK and The Wiz will be getting CD & possibly vinyl. These will sell nicely on the road. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Latest Posts

Videos