West End musicals this month

summerwind03
#1West End musicals this month
Posted: 6/9/24 at 5:12pm

Heading to London and would like to pack in as many shows as possible, preferably new(ish) musicals.  Suggestions?  I have seen Operation Mincemeat and Guys and Dolls, plus most of the ones on Broadway.  Also, any Friday matinees?  May try to see Much Ado about Nothingat The Globe or possibly Heathers.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#2West End musicals this month
Posted: 6/9/24 at 6:03pm

I haven’t seen them yet, but I heard great things about STANDING AT THE SKY’S EDGE.

Also, a production of PASSING STRANGE with Giles Terera (Olivier Winner - Burr in HAMILTON OLC) is playing for a limited run)

Heathers you could probably catch regionally 

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3West End musicals this month
Posted: 6/9/24 at 6:33pm

I believe the new production of “Mean Girls” has Friday matinees. 

Cant recommend “Standing at the Sky’s Edge” enough. I’ve said many times how it is in my top five favorite musicals of all time. Just extraordinary theater. 

“Starlight Express”, “Kiss Me Kate” (with Stephanie J. Block), “Kathy and Stella Solve a Murder” are a few shows I’m looking forward to in a few weeks. And their “Next to Normal” begins previews on 6/18, as well. Also there’s a new production of “Closer to Heaven” I’ve heard good things about as well as “Two Strangers Carry a Cake Across New York”, that I just loved. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#4West End musicals this month
Posted: 6/9/24 at 6:36pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I believe the new production of “Mean Girls” has Friday matinees.

Yes it does. I have it for my trip in July.

(I meant to include that in my original reply and forgot so thank you)

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#5West End musicals this month
Posted: 6/9/24 at 6:55pm

I just looked and I’m seeing a Friday matinee in July, too. I knew I had to know that for a reason lol

Michelle Birnbaum
#6West End musicals this month
Posted: 6/9/24 at 7:53pm

Is there any chance Operation Mincemeat could extend their run to March?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#7West End musicals this month
Posted: 6/9/24 at 9:49pm

I’m in London for the Mets vs Phillies baseball game and just watched TWO STRANGERS and STARLIGHT EXPRESS. Both were amazing!

inception Profile Photo
inception
#8West End musicals this month
Posted: 6/9/24 at 11:08pm

Jordan Catalano said: Also there’s a new production of “Closer to Heaven” I’ve heard good things about 

Even though I'm a big Pet Shop Boys fan, I've never listened to the 2001 cast album for this show. I just never really warmed to the songs from the show that they recorded their own versions of.  I've always found that era (99-early 2000's)was a low point in their career creatively.  They just seemed to be spinning their wheels for a while, until finding their footing again in 2006 when their rage at the Blair & Bush gave them something to write about again.

In their 2024 fanclub annual that showed up in my mailbox 2 weeks ago, they write about working on a new show tentatively titled "Naked" & based upon the classic tale of the Emperor's New Clothes. They worked on songs for it through the pandemic lockdown alongside demos that became their new album Nonetheless. I found the lead single Loneliness to be fantastic, and the rest of the album has grown on me as well.  No word on exactly where or when "Naked" might appear. 

Updated On: 6/9/24 at 11:08 PM

Videos