News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Stephanie Mills Hadestown

Malinda5000
#1Stephanie Mills Hadestown
Posted: 7/11/24 at 9:07pm

Stephanie Mills begins performance in Hadestown tonight…any updates on how she did….???

Please share your stories and opinions.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2Stephanie Mills Hadestown
Posted: 7/12/24 at 6:26pm

I am dying to hear how she is in the role.

Just give the world Love.

Malinda5000
#3Stephanie Mills Hadestown
Posted: 7/12/24 at 8:00pm

I hear she was amazing but no one posted on here yet. 

Updated On: 7/12/24 at 08:00 PM

Ptero2
#4Stephanie Mills Hadestown
Posted: 7/12/24 at 10:05pm

I saw her tonight. Unfortunately she missed several lines in the first act, particularly badly in Road To Hell, where she even visibly reacted to her own missed line.

That being said... her vocals and acting choices were sublime already, and she was near perfect in the second act. Probably worth waiting a few weeks for her to get more comfortable with the material, but definitely worth going back for.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#5Stephanie Mills Hadestown
Posted: 7/12/24 at 10:07pm

It's believed her delayed start was due to having COVID. She missed over a week of rehearsal time. I'm sure she'll settle into the role. Lillias White was also a bit rough in her first few weeks.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#6Stephanie Mills Hadestown
Posted: 7/12/24 at 11:04pm

ACL2006 said: "It's believed her delayed start was due to having COVID. She missed over a week of rehearsal time. I'm sure she'll settle into the role. Lillias White was also a bit rough in her first few weeks."

I loved Lillias White in that role so much. Excited to see clips of Mills.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#7Stephanie Mills Hadestown
Posted: 7/13/24 at 4:05pm

I'll be there Weds night. This is our first time back to Hadestown since seeing it during the reopening. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos