News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet

Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#0Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet
Posted: 2/25/04 at 11:41pm

Went to 42nd Street tonight god i love that show.
I saw it in June of 2001 and it is still going strong.
I love old classics it puts most of the new shows to shame.

The music, the singing and the dancing were fantastic.
A very romantic show.
When was the last time you saw it? It left me breathless.
Billy Lawlor- David Elder has a voice to die for. I hope people go and see this show again. The music is so beautiful i had tears in my eyes.
Just beautiful!
Updated On: 2/25/04 at 11:41 PM

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#1re: Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet
Posted: 2/26/04 at 4:38pm

I'm glad you liked it. I haven't seen it since August 2001. I made my professional debut in a summer stock production of this show back in 1987. When I saw the current revival the audition scene actual brought tears to my eyes because it brought back so many fond memories. I plan on seeing it next time I'm in New York.

How was the girl playing Peggy Sawyer?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

eponine88
#2re: re: Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet
Posted: 2/26/04 at 8:09pm

I saw 42nd Street in June and thought it was great! My sister (she's a tap dancer as well as an Irish-step dancer) fell completely in love with it. I thought David Elder was great too, and after the show I got to go backstage to the dressing rooms to meet Nadine Isenegger, David Elder, Beth Leavel, and Tom Wopat (who was playing Julian Marsh at the time). What an experience! I would definitely go back to see it again. I listen to the music all the time...

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#3re: re: re: Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet
Posted: 2/26/04 at 10:07pm

Peggy Sawyer(Nadine Isenegger) was a gem. She can dance and sing and was a great actress. I was really impressed with the production the only pitfall was Patrick Ryan Sullivan he was way off tune but stunning.
It is a must see.
The last time i saw this production i saw it with Micheal Cumpsy who was incredible as Julian Marsh but he could not sing either.
I want to see a man in that role that can sing.
You know Marc Kudisch would be a fantastic Julian Marsh. Updated On: 2/26/04 at 10:07 PM

Mattio98
#4re: re: re: re: Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet
Posted: 2/27/04 at 12:17am

Good call Corine. That would be perfect for Marc...or maybe BSM.....

(wishful thinking)

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#5re: re: re: re: re: Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet
Posted: 2/27/04 at 11:09am

or maybe Brent Barrett!
Brian Stokes Mitchell would be great.
Dare we dream the impossible dream? Updated On: 2/27/04 at 11:09 AM

BillyLawlor Profile Photo
BillyLawlor
#6re: re: re: re: re: re: Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet
Posted: 2/27/04 at 3:32pm

Brent Brett would be wonderful, actually. Stokes Mitchell would be great, of course, but I'd like to see him in a bigger role that showcases him a little more.

I LOVE Nadine. She is the best Peggy yet, and really is memorable in her spectacular performance. I was really impressed when I went.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#7re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet
Posted: 2/27/04 at 5:47pm

Billy,
Brent would be fantastic in the role. He looks the part and he has perhaps one of the sexiest voices today.
I would love to see him in that role.

shermanslave Profile Photo
shermanslave
#8re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet
Posted: 2/27/04 at 8:52pm

what about Patrick Cassidy coming into the role?

Please visit Bitchy Waiter

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#9re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet
Posted: 2/27/04 at 8:55pm

What is it about the role of Julian Marsh that makes it so hard to cast? I've seen 42nd Street several times on various continents and the actor in that role is always the weak link.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#10re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet
Posted: 2/28/04 at 3:14pm

It kills me he sings 42nd Street and the role needs a great singer.
Barrett, Kudisch or Mitchell ARE PERFECT.
But Barrett or Mitchell have the strongest voices.
Kudisch is also excellent and he is that character in real life the man has spunk.

Mattio98
#11re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet
Posted: 2/28/04 at 10:48pm

The role is so hard to cast because the actor who portrays Julian Marsh must have a stage presence and inner power similar to the character. He must be someone who comes across as experienced and respected, but troubled and worn. It is a very difficult part to cast.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#12re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet
Posted: 2/29/04 at 8:29am

As someone who goes to the theater often i can see:
Brent Barrett
Marc Kudisch
In that role. They have the acting ability and they can sing.
It is terrible when the signature song is ruined by a mediocre singing voice.
Both of these men have the talent and i hope they cast a strong singer.

BroadwayGal Profile Photo
BroadwayGal
#13re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet
Posted: 2/29/04 at 9:50am

I just saw it on Valentine's Day and I'm so glad to see it's in such good shape! I *LOVE* the dancing as I'm a tapper myself. So amazing!

*Don't dream too far, don't lose sight of who you are*

Broadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
#14re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet
Posted: 2/29/04 at 9:51am

I saw it years ago with Jerry Orbach. He was great in the show. Then this revival with Tom Wopat. (twice)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#15re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet
Posted: 2/29/04 at 6:40pm

I saw it with him he was better but he still was not as strong a singer as a Brent or Brian Stokes Mitchell.

PitPro2004 Profile Photo
PitPro2004
#16David and Beth
Posted: 2/29/04 at 7:04pm

I have now seen this show at least 7 times and have found new motivation in seeing it: David Elder's rear end!! WOOHOO!! :)

Seriously, it's great. I never tire of it. Hope it stays around for a bit longer. It's a guilty pleasure show, when I need a motivational quick pick me up for my own career.

If you like Beth Leavel, please feel free to stop and check out my fan website for her. It is going to be updated in a few weeks. :)
On Leavel Ground

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium!"

Videos