Young Frankenstein in 2004

Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex Profile Photo
Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex
#0Young Frankenstein in 2004
Posted: 5/16/03 at 4:48pm

If you're like me and enjoyed The Producers, then you will most likely also enjoy YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN the musical scheduled to be completed in the Spring of 2004. Just think we will be able to enjoy "Walk this way!" again. Roger Bart definitely has to play "Eye-gor"! Who will play Frankenstein and Frau Blucher? Can Brooks and Meehan do it again?

Check out the following Playbill article titled, "Brooks and Meehan Expect to Complete Young Frankenstein in Spring 2004" at the following link:
Young Frankenstein in Spring 2004

My perfect day would begin at on the beach in Hana, Maui and end at a Broadway Musical.

Deannaizme Profile Photo
Deannaizme
#1Young Frankenstein Musical
Posted: 5/16/03 at 6:03pm

Is this something that would really lend itself easily to a musical? I loved the movie but I really wonder if this would make a good musical. I hope they do a good job with it. I'd hate to see them kill a great movie.

~D

MusicMan
#2Young frankenstein
Posted: 5/16/03 at 8:43pm

A pathetically, desperately dumb idea.

Eleven Profile Photo
Eleven
#3Young Frankenstein the Musical
Posted: 5/16/03 at 9:21pm

A brilliant extraordinarily smart idea!

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#4Young Frankenstein
Posted: 5/17/03 at 8:32am

I think it's a great idea! I reacall a lot of people being uneasy about The Producers when that first got out. Look at them now!

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#5It could be a campy riot
Posted: 5/17/03 at 8:43am

...if it was done as a out-and-out parody of an ALW-type musical.

If that were the case, it would be inappropriate to include something I still yearn to see: A Mel Brooks-Susan Stroman verson of a Broadway "Dream Ballet".

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

Videos