pixeltracker

Kerry Butler scheduled to depart Little Shop of Horrors on June 20th -

Kerry Butler scheduled to depart Little Shop of Horrors on June 20th -

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#0Kerry Butler scheduled to depart Little Shop of Horrors on June 20th -
Posted: 5/17/04 at 2:16pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/l.cfm?id=32032https://www.broadwayworld.com/l.cfm?id=32032>https://www.broadwayworld.com/l.cfm?id=32032

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

GovernorSlaton Profile Photo
GovernorSlaton
#1re: Kerry Butler scheduled to depart Little Shop of Horrors on June 20th -
Posted: 5/17/04 at 4:15pm

This is probably for the best; she is AMAZINGLY talented, but, like someone else said, if you are playing Audrey you are either going to be too much like Ellen Greene or not enough. I hadn't heard anything about her leaving, though; maybe Joey Fatone scared her off.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#2re: Kerry Butler scheduled to depart Little Shop of Horrors on June 20th -
Posted: 5/17/04 at 4:29pm

I think this is best too for kerry. I am glad i will get a chance to see her before she departs. Does anyone know what her next project will be? I hope that the producers of LSOH will not stunt cast the role of audrey.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

iruvyou Profile Photo
iruvyou
#3re: Kerry Butler scheduled to depart Little Shop of Horrors on June 20th -
Posted: 5/17/04 at 4:32pm

Does anyone know who is going to replace her (and for anyone on the other message board PLEAAAAAAAAAAASE say that jessica simpson was just a joke)

Bobby is my hobby and I'm givin' it up!

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#4re: Kerry Butler scheduled to depart Little Shop of Horrors on June 20th -
Posted: 5/17/04 at 6:59pm

I haven't seen it yet! I hope she does Wicked, she would be a great Glinda.

tappedout
#5re: Kerry Butler scheduled to depart Little Shop of Horrors on June 20th -
Posted: 5/17/04 at 7:34pm

kerry is so talented i really wish her all the best. Plus could someone tell me please, why do the tony people hate her?

you think you know but you have no idea.....

NuggetMonkeys Profile Photo
NuggetMonkeys
#6re: Kerry Butler scheduled to depart Little Shop of Horrors on June 20th -
Posted: 5/17/04 at 8:54pm

.YAY.

-d.b.j-

Vary My Days.

Broadwaylilhead Profile Photo
Broadwaylilhead
#7re: Kerry Butler scheduled to depart Little Shop of Horrors on June 20th -
Posted: 5/17/04 at 9:00pm

Thank God!

Call it a regime change...

MargoChanning
#8re: Kerry Butler scheduled to depart Little Shop of Horrors on June 20th -
Posted: 5/17/04 at 9:08pm

tappedout,

Just curious, who would you have replaced on the list of Best Actress nominees to give Butler a spot? Kristin Chenoweth? Idina Menzel? Tonya Pinkins? Donna Murphy? Stephanie D'Abbruzo?

I guarantee you that had any one of those 5 been left off the outcry on these boards and elsewhere would have been deafening. Butler's reviews were pretty much mediocre across the board and she was seen by most to be the weak link in the entire production -- not just by the 30 people on the Tony nominating committee (I saw her and the other five and, frankly, she just doesn't compare). Bottom line, she didn't deserve a nomination over any of the five who were chosen.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

HarmlessKiller Profile Photo
HarmlessKiller
#9re: Kerry Butler scheduled to depart Little Shop of Horrors on June 20th -
Posted: 5/17/04 at 9:09pm

I don't think the Tony people hate Kerry, per se, but I think they did snub her for Hairspray. This year the Leading Actress was just too strong I think. I'm eager to see what she is doing next; I heard some rumors about The Little Mermaid musical. She would be great in that!

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#10re: Kerry Butler scheduled to depart Little Shop of Horrors on June 20th -
Posted: 5/17/04 at 9:23pm

I've seen her and loved her, so now I hope she can move on so I can see her in something new and fresh!

tappedout
#11re: Kerry Butler scheduled to depart Little Shop of Horrors on June 20th -
Posted: 5/18/04 at 9:48pm

Margochanning-
No argument here..i wouldn't have replaced any one of the 5 actresses with kerry. I was asking mainly because of last year and more so than her this year was that her show got snubbed(except for hunter) i also hate it that kerry is the only one that gets picked on in that show-as much as i love hunter-i think that kerry does a better job. i know that is not the opinion shared by all, but oh well. as for the tony-wow i can't imagine more talented people competing for it, it will really be an honor to whoever wins to have been up against such talented women. i think all of them deserve to win except one whose name i will not mention but i will defnitely be upset if she gets it!!!

you think you know but you have no idea.....

Videos