Summer Stock

John4763
#0Summer Stock
Posted: 6/1/03 at 1:28pm

Summer's almost here.

Anyone have suggestions for good places to see some summer stock shows?

I'll start the list off with the College Light Opera Company in Falmouth, MA...

Cadriel
#1re: Summer Stock
Posted: 6/1/03 at 1:34pm

Triple Threat Performing Arts Center in Cherry Hill, NJ for those closer to Philadelphia. ( http://www.triplethreat.net/ ) I can vouch for the excellence of at least two of the cast members in their Scarlet Pimpernel from last summer's Evita.

-Wayne

Hank
#2re: re: Summer Stock
Posted: 6/1/03 at 2:49pm

Cape Cod is the first place that comes to mind (capecodtheatres.com). The Cape Playhouse in Dennis is a great place to see a show. I'll be there for "Anything Goes" in July. Also, the Ohio University players usually have a great series of shows at their theatre in Chatham, MA., but they're kind of hard to find on the web.

SuttonBebeFaith
#3re: re: re: Summer Stock
Posted: 6/1/03 at 8:57pm

The best summer stock, although I would be loathed to call it that, would be Maine State Music Theater in Bodwin, Maine.

Where else can you see Mark Jacoby in "Sound of Music" and "Victor/Victoria", then David Elder in "Titanic"?

#4re: re: re: re: Summer Stock
Posted: 6/1/03 at 10:59pm

Another S. Jersey summer shore theater: Surflight Theatre in Beach Haven, NJ is excellent! Equity and non-equity performers. Generally very good quality shows. Nice size house. www.surflight.org

Triple Threat is ok. Very, very small house and stage. Productions are scaled down because of it. Talent is local and often repeated casting. Nice if you like a show in a shoe box.
Just my opinion of the overall experience.

Mr.  Tuttle Profile Photo
Mr. Tuttle
#5Anyone here....................
Posted: 6/2/03 at 12:58am

.......................ever go to the Hampton Playhouse in Hampton Beach, New Hampshire?

Ignorance is temporary. Stupidity last forever. Watch out BWW... HE'S BACK.

prof Profile Photo
prof
#6re: Anyone here....................
Posted: 6/2/03 at 1:57pm

For Shakespeare, Shaw, and Chekov:

AMERICAN PLAYERS THEATER Spring Green, WI
Professional, outdoor, summer only.

"Sing out, Louise!"

ShineOn
#7re: re: Anyone here....................
Posted: 6/2/03 at 8:13pm

I've been to Hampton Playhouse... went to see Meet Me in St. Louis there a few years ago... and I've seen things there when I was younger.

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#8re: re: re: Anyone here....................
Posted: 6/2/03 at 8:51pm

If anyone is in Kentucky lol... go see "BIG RIVER" my friend jacob is playing Tom Sawyer and u/s Huck woo hoo!

Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex Profile Photo
Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex
#9What is Summer Stock?
Posted: 6/3/03 at 9:03am

Is there a definition of "Summer Stock" productions? Is it somehow tied into Broadway, or can it relate to any regional theatre offering during the summer held anywhere?

My perfect day would begin at on the beach in Hana, Maui and end at a Broadway Musical.

orion59 Profile Photo
orion59
#10re: What is Summer Stock?
Posted: 6/3/03 at 12:22pm

If you're in NE, there's the Willaimstown Theater Festival www.wtfestival.org

North Shore Music Theater http://www.nsmt.org/

http://www.danperezgallery.com