BARE cast

broadwayguy2
#50re: BARE cast
Posted: 6/4/04 at 3:00pm

Jenna note -- I WISH I could have seen her as Dorothy in The Wizard of oz back in 1997 when she did it in Cali.

Cutielyricist Profile Photo
Cutielyricist
#51re: BARE cast
Posted: 6/4/04 at 3:57pm

I saw the LA cast about nine times..I gotta say..I wasnt the biggest fan of Plain Jane Fat Ass..but I did love Keili who played Nadia..she had the character so perfectly...i found myself seating in the left hand side of the theatre because most of her scenes were there...just to watch her.

and i still gotta say..John Torres is a hottie!! ( LA PETER)

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#52re: BARE cast
Posted: 6/4/04 at 4:05pm

Both Peter and Jason are wonderful roles to play.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#53re: BARE cast
Posted: 6/4/04 at 4:59pm

Michael Arden is a hottie too! (NY Peter) What a smile!

Hmmm, two hot Peters....maybe it's that Catholic schoolboy uniform. Oy!

Speaking of Michael Arden, we've gotten interviews from both Jenna and John Hill, why hasn't anyone interviewed Michael? He IS the lead actor, after all, and an extremely friendly guy. I've only read one interview with him, and it was a joint one with John Hill.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."
Updated On: 6/4/04 at 04:59 PM

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#54.
Posted: 6/4/04 at 5:03pm

Here's an interview from Playbill.com with Michael Arden. Second story.
Playbill.com - Michael Arden

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#55.
Posted: 6/4/04 at 5:05pm

Thank you magruder and did I mention, you have a nice ****.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Wayman_Wong
#56.MIchael Arden
Posted: 6/4/04 at 5:24pm

Thanks, Magruder, for posting a link to my ''Leading Men'' interview with Michael Arden at Playbill.com!

oneluckygirl
#57.MIchael Arden
Posted: 6/5/04 at 3:35pm

broadwayguy2, I did see jlg as Dorothy, She was amazing. She WAS Dorothy. made for that part.

in regards to her being not right for other parts...
Her voice is anything but just pop. Its funny that before bare I would not consider her voice to be pop at all and now it is being said its too pop. That just shows what an amazing talent she is that she can become each character so completely. She is here to stay!

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#58.MIchael Arden
Posted: 6/5/04 at 4:44pm

Thanks, Wayman, for the interview! A really great read. Very cute picture of Michael, too - that smile makes me melt! What was it like interviewing him?

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#59.MIchael Arden
Posted: 6/5/04 at 7:49pm

I love that boy!

Wayman_Wong
#60Michael Arden
Posted: 6/6/04 at 12:04am

Michael was every bit as bright and delightful to interview as you'd imagine. Between his acting, singing and songwriting, this kid's going places, and I was glad I caught him at the start.

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#61Michael Arden
Posted: 6/7/04 at 11:22pm

I'm feeling BARE withdrawal right now, so I just thought I'd add to the thread again, so it doesn't get lost under the Tony talk. By the way....YAY FOR AVENUE Q!!!

Wayman, was the interview any longer? I know interviews always get edited for articles. What else did you guys talk about?

TVBoy Profile Photo
TVBoy
#62Michael Arden
Posted: 6/7/04 at 11:28pm

I hope Adam Fleming isn't out, unless he plans on doing a one-man-show. I'd buy a ticket front and center every night. Michael Arden

"I'm not a catcher! I'm a piano player!" -- Schroeder from "Peanuts" ----- http://www.facebook.com/p/Brandon_Bartlett/500719306

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#63Michael Arden
Posted: 6/8/04 at 2:43am

ugh! i honestly wish i never got the CD sampler bc now i want to see it soooooooo much more!!! Michael Arden grrrrr! Michael Arden

Cutielyricist Profile Photo
Cutielyricist
#64Michael Arden
Posted: 6/8/04 at 3:29am

at LEAST you GOT your sampler..i ordered mine off the S K Boom site back on the 21st..and it STILL says..awaiting shipping?

anyone know how long it usually takes?

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#65Michael Arden
Posted: 6/8/04 at 3:55am

I wish I knew, but I got mine from an awesome woman on here who had extras and wanted to share the BARE love...

...I know the show re-opens on September 21st. Does that mean that is the first day back? Or will there be previews prior to that? I want to go to the Flea Market which is on the 19th, if I could catch a preview of BARE I am SOOO driving from school in Indiana to go!! :)

broadwayguy2
#66Michael Arden
Posted: 6/8/04 at 11:55am

I domnm't know that anyone who ordered the CDs yet has recieved them. As far as I know, just people who got them AT the theatre have them so far....

YAY for JLG as Dorothy

I am having withdrawls as well... I am SOOO going to burn out my CD!

Wayman_Wong
#67Michael Arden
Posted: 6/8/04 at 12:05pm

BlueWizard, you're right. Interviews are edited for length, but much of what Michael and I discussed is in the Playbill piece. As for what else we talked about, I might save that for another column, so keep your eyes peeled. But thanks for reading!

broadwayguy2
#68Michael Arden
Posted: 6/8/04 at 12:11pm

yes yes yes.... another column please! I was in the front row, four seats in from house right both times I saw the show (The Adam-John seats!!). Duringa few scenes, I was nose to nose with Micheal... includinga few heavy moments. the intensity in his eyes was absolutely haunting.. and being that close to himw hen he would belt... you could really feal the power and the pure, unmiced beauty of that incredible set of pipes he has!

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#69Michael Arden
Posted: 6/8/04 at 4:19pm

Yes! I had those exact seats too! (Completely by accident too, it was my first time seeing the show). And man, was it amazing to watch Michael Arden so close up!

I'm anxious about the re-opening of BARE in September (even though I won't be able to see it, since I'm not anywhere near NYC). I hope the new venue isn't too large - I think the show greatly benefits from a tiny venue. The ATA was just a few seats shy of off-off-Broadway, no?

I look forward to your column, Wayman, and all your future articles too! Keep up the good work.

(LOL, this is the 69th post.)

Updated On: 6/8/04 at 04:19 PM

broadwayguy2
#70Michael Arden
Posted: 6/8/04 at 5:38pm

ha ha ha. When I returned to the show, I saw Jenna, Adam, and John before the show and I told them that I was gonna try to get "my" seat again.. and I did... and we were all laughing about it afterward. LOL.

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#71Michael Arden
Posted: 6/8/04 at 10:04pm

There's a gorgeous picture of Michael Arden at the Avenue Q Tony party. It's somewhere on broadway.com.

(And yes, I'm completely committed to keeping this thread alive.)

oneluckygirl
#72Michael Arden
Posted: 6/9/04 at 4:29pm

great picture of Jenna, Adam & Michael Hope to see lots of them during the almost unBAREable wait till September

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#73Michael Arden
Posted: 6/9/04 at 7:54pm

That pic of Michael at Ave Q party after the party is adorable!!

I added Michael to the "whos who" but i didnt have too much info so add or tell me and ill add if u have more!

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#74BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/9/04 at 8:15pm

For inquiring minds, I know there has been talk about in BARE will be having previews prior to Sept 21st, well NO word yet. i email BARE and this is what I got back:

"Thank you so much for your interest in Bare. Unfortunately we will not know for a few more weeks the exact details regarding the opening. THe only thing we know is that the opening is on September 21st. So sorry I couldnt be more help!"

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!