News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Cutielyricist

Cutielyricist Profile Photo
Member Name: Cutielyricist
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.myspace.com/markegarcia
Blog Address: http://blog.myspace.com/cutielyricist
Occupation: Lyricist by night, Assistant House Manager for Off Broadway Theatre
Profile: Lyricist/bookwriter

I'm gonna need a whole slew of new friends to make those lonely nights in the city a bit more bareable...any takers?

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Theatre Related Tattoos?  Nov 2 2009, 06:05:05 PM
I have a feather writing quill writing music across my shoulder.
and the Tony Award[s] went to...  Jun 7 2009, 08:56:03 PM
I thought she looked pissed, like she suddenly wasnt happy with what she was saying.
re: Why is THE GLORIOUS ONES not released today?  Dec 9 2008, 11:09:47 PM
Hmm I have my copy already. I ordered in on thursday off of jay records, and got an email later that day saying it was packed and would be sent out from london on friday. It arrived yesterday in the mail. Fast service. I've been listening nonstop.
re: broadway halloween costumes  Nov 4 2008, 04:40:56 PM
My boyfriend made the best Usnavi!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30368779&l=c5d6f&id=151300039#/profile.php?id=1238926062&ref=ts

re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)  Sep 25 2008, 11:56:42 PM
Speaking of ad libs...last night before "Fool" Jackie started singing from "Gypsy." Then she turned to the audience and said, If I was in that show, I'd have a job next week." Kerry and Mary just nodded, while the audience cheered and ate it up.
re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread  Aug 2 2008, 10:40:01 PM
Id love to hear the demo? Anyone out there wanna send?
re: Funny Broadway Ringtone  Aug 1 2008, 11:03:25 AM
I used "Little Women."
When my boyfriend, Rodrigo, calls me...

Sutton Foster calls out "Suddenly Rodrigo appears in magnificent spendor!" and trumpets blare.

re: What ever happend to the Glorious Ones recording?  Jul 5 2008, 11:50:04 PM
It was supposed to be late spring..but you know Jay records.
re: New musicals we'd love to see get written and produced...  Jul 5 2008, 11:48:52 PM
Id love to write for kinky boots. I saw it playing in Jackson Hole Wyoming and thought the same thing.
re: South Park... The Movie... The Musical  Jul 4 2008, 10:11:04 AM
I always thought that it would be great material for an actors fund one night only benefit. I could see all sorts of stars up in it. I vote Mary Testa as Kyle's Mom. Jesse Tyler Fergusen as Kyle, Dan Fogler as Cartman, Shuler Hensly as Satan,

anyone else?

re: Lyrics in musicals that make you itch  Jun 25 2008, 04:16:11 AM
I caught this the first time I heard it and it still bugs me.

The Little Mermaid- "She barely sticks her toe in down at the tidal pool" in "She's in Love"...

Yeah, She doesn't have toes. She's a little mermaid.

re: Public Hair Cast's Be-In Concert  May 29 2008, 11:36:10 PM
I am really glad that it wasnt just me that misread it ...the list goes on.
re: The Official 'In The Heights' Love Thread....  May 21 2008, 12:05:00 AM
My copy just got home to me, along with my bf "the merch guy"

He definitely has his perks!

re: CRY-BABY PULLS THROUGH! And other Tony suprises.  May 13 2008, 02:45:07 PM
I am happy for Cry Baby.
re: Young Frankenstein should be a case study in how not to market a Broadw  May 8 2008, 11:24:53 AM
Three weeks ago, my friend and I walked by Young Frankenstien at ten after eight, and the house staff was outside there handing out free tickets on a friday night. I had no intention of seeing that show again, even free... but my friend went in...at about nine pm he texted me "WHY did I do this..."

I don't think it was just the "Marketing"

re: Broadway Inspirations  Apr 18 2008, 12:29:21 AM
Seeing Ragtime pre Broadway, confirmed in me that I wanted to write theatre.
re: Stokes, Marin and Ahrens & Flaherty -- FOR FREE!!!!  Apr 11 2008, 01:54:12 AM
It was pretty amazing..just to hear the backstories of the songs. I had a blast.
Cry-Baby changes  Apr 5 2008, 01:04:41 PM
"To say things that demonstrate your ignorance for how this industry works makes me think your "insiders" are all regulars at the Duplex at 8pm and not working in Broadway theaters."- Has got to be the funniest thing I heard all day.

And I completely agree.

What has happened to the people on the board? What is with the negativity? This is a board to support broadway, support theatre, and support the art form. Instead we have people still saying the worst they can say about show

re: Has Anyone seen The ADDING MACHINE? (musical/off-broadway)  Apr 3 2008, 04:46:07 PM
I caught it on tuesday.... It is a very good show. It wasnt my cup of tea when I saw it, maybe because I came down with a cold just before the show...and also..I think it sometimes takes time for a show to hit. This is example..but looking back I really enjoyed it. One thing though...Im glad I saw it alone..its kinda cathartic to see a show like this alone...It wouldnt have been the same with someone else. It really hits you...
re: Thoughts on CRY-BABY  Apr 3 2008, 04:30:09 PM
I dont think the sound system or just the accoustics in the Marquee were that great for this show...because the lyrics are quite good if you really listen to them..unfortunatly..they are pretty hard to hear. Theres alot I didnt hear the first time around.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You