Bat Boy

jezzebelle
#25re: Bat Boy
Posted: 6/25/04 at 9:30am

I saw a production of it at Brown University and fell in love with the show. Great music and I love the strangeness of it. I would have killed to the Off-Bway production...Kerry Butler and my girl, Kathy Brier. :)

-Jess

jesseeinstein
#26re: Bat Boy
Posted: 6/25/04 at 10:17am

Yup! Yay for French Woods! I was lucky enough to be a part of this show playing Rick Taylor and killing my voice screamng "Watcha Gonna Do"! Hey woodites-I dropped by camp on Tuesday, there are some EXCITING surprises for those that come first session! Be VERY excited!! I know that I am!!! I'm headin back tomorrow-cya all Tuesday!
----------
(Loud and very "whitely"(these were actually the stage directions in the script))
Hey there little freak you remember me?
We were never introduced properly
You don't look so tough by the light of day
but we aint gonna murder you right away

BakersWife3
#27re: Bat Boy
Posted: 6/25/04 at 4:36pm

Hey broadwaybaby...3 bedroom house is my fav too - it's such a great song :)

Do not put your faith in a cape and a hood. They will not protect you the way that they should. ~Into the Woods "There is no plague! You are trying to raise cows on the side of a MOUNTAIN!!!" ~Meredith Parker, Bat Boy

~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
#28re: Bat Boy
Posted: 6/25/04 at 6:50pm

The entire score of this show is just outstanding. If I had a say...which I clearly don't nor mostly likely ever will..they would put it on Broadway.

You've gotta have heart AND music

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#29re: Bat Boy
Posted: 6/25/04 at 7:02pm

Excellent show! One of the best in years and certainly worthy of a Broadway run!

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#30re: Bat Boy
Posted: 6/25/04 at 7:17pm

I saw BatBoy OffBroadway twice and loved it. I think its charm comes from the way it is so simple in certain departments and so complex in others. Just listen to "Comfort and Joy", its a fantastic show.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

on1ystarinthesky Profile Photo
on1ystarinthesky
#31re: Bat Boy
Posted: 6/25/04 at 7:22pm

I have the cast recording and the script, and I am inhumanly disappointed that I missed it when it was Off-Broadway.

I'm going to try and persuade my high school to do a production of it. Hopefully I will be successful.

DJ Jellyfeltz's Weekly "Don't You Just Hate That?" (courtesy of Scott Cohen)
Walking by the same person you've already walked by in the dairy, produce, and frozen-food sections.
*I AM A MEMBER OF THE BWW.COM RADIOACTIVE SQUIRREL CLUB*

GovernorSlaton Profile Photo
GovernorSlaton
#32re: Bat Boy
Posted: 6/25/04 at 11:05pm

iruvyou and I are going to try to get it done in our high school too! Children, Children is the only problem though. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Dawg
#33re: Bat Boy
Posted: 6/25/04 at 11:16pm

YAY BATBOY!

Bat Boy is fantastic. Musically it is very interesting and fun and as far as a plot, you can't get more interesting. The writers are some of the most exciting new writers in musical theatre and will soon be responsible for the new Legally Blonde musical.

bigkrak didn't like the musical for some reason...clearly she doesn't have any taste, but I guess to each his own. I loved it, and it's clear it will do very well when it hits Broadway after the London run.