News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

One Musical

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#0One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 2:40pm

If you can pick ONE musical to run until the end of time, what would it be?

My Pick: While I love RENT, but PHANTOM OF THE OPERA is the one for me. That is the first musical I have ever seen/heard and it gave me a head rush. It was so gorgeous and breath-taking. It will forever hold a place in my heart.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

on1ystarinthesky Profile Photo
on1ystarinthesky
#1re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 2:45pm

I would have to pick HAIRSPRAY. While it is certainly not my favorite show, it was probably the most fun I've ever had in a theater and it would be great if this celebration of a musical could run forever.

You can only watch the same plot play out so many times. But does anyone ever get tired of having fun?

DJ Jellyfeltz's Weekly "Don't You Just Hate That?" (courtesy of Scott Cohen)
Walking by the same person you've already walked by in the dairy, produce, and frozen-food sections.
*I AM A MEMBER OF THE BWW.COM RADIOACTIVE SQUIRREL CLUB*

joeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
#2re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 3:33pm

Ragtime

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#3re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 3:38pm

well, since I think that everyone should see a production of Man of La Mancha at least once during their lifetime - it gets my vote.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

MusicalDirector109
#4re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 3:38pm

I would also have to say "Hairspray". Although the new cast isn't as good, the show is still entertaining as ever. It truly is a celebration of what a feel good musical can do to the soul.It is not my favorite musical, but it still grabs me everytime I see it (which is 9 AND counting!)

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#5re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 3:47pm

Hairspray is an excellent choice, but I think I would have to vote for Les Miserables. I was surprised it closed.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#6re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 3:56pm

Les Miserables

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#7re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 3:56pm

i've only posted a few times now, and everything seems to be about the same show... phantom of the opera... i love it!

yeah, i have seen more... i will see more... don't worry :P

::bust a move::

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#8re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 3:58pm

Just one? Yikes!! Well I think it would have to be "Man of La Mancha"
B

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

BroadwayBound06 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound06
#9re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 4:11pm

Assassins

Flam1ngo Profile Photo
Flam1ngo
#10re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 4:20pm

The Producers--- with the original cast.

The funniest thing I ever saw on a stage.

It's only for now... - Avenue Q

MusicPos2 Profile Photo
MusicPos2
#11re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 4:20pm

It can't be Les Mis or Ragtime since neither is playing. I think Wicked.

joeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
#12re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 4:21pm

i think the question was which show would you like to see run until the end of time... it didn't mention that it had to be currently running... Updated On: 6/28/04 at 04:21 PM

MusicPos2 Profile Photo
MusicPos2
#13re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 4:23pm

B/c in order to play forever, they'd need to be playing. Now is part of forever...Plus, Wicked is better, as much as I love the other two.

CastAlbumFan Profile Photo
CastAlbumFan
#14re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 5:53pm

I would pick MY FAIR LADY because...

1) I consider it musical perfectioin.

2) If it stayed at the Mark Hellinger Theatre, it would have never been turned into a church.

Praying Decca Broadway will put "Don't Bother Me, I Can't Cope" on CD!

Jon
#15re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 5:59pm

I would pick a GOOD productiion of either FIDDLER or WEST SIDE STORY, with proper casting and the original Robbins choreography done right!

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#16re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 6:03pm

I would go with a fun show such as Hairspray or Mamma Mia.

Toni
#17re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 6:24pm

I'll probably get a huge backlash for this but "Jesus Christ Superstar". No hitting below the belt.

If I were only meant to tend the nest,then why does my imagination sail Across the mountains and the seas,beyond the make-believe of any fairytale?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#18re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 6:36pm

Cabaret. It's not my all-time favorite, but here's why: even though I only saw it three times, I got something different out of it every time. It's the kind of show that no matter how many times you experience it, you're going to experience something new.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 6/28/04 at 06:36 PM

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#19re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 6:39pm

I'm gonna go with Jon and say a really good production of West Side Story. It's something everyone should experience.

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#20re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 6:40pm

Wicked, because it's timeless. There's no time period to it while Hairspray and Cabaret's plots apply to their time period.

~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
#21re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 6:52pm

I'm sure "Star Wars: The Musical" would be timeless, too, but that doesn't mean that it would be worthy of running forever.

I pick Les Miserables.

I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!

#22re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 6:59pm

I would love to see Ragtime playing all the time. I love this show.

jo
#23re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 7:00pm

LES MISERABLES --

It is all about slices of life, told from the eyes of different characters. While generally sad, at the end it is an uplifting tale. I would prefer a mix of the original London cast and the dream cast ( no problem with Michael Ball - he is in both )

And Hugh Jackman singing some songs from THE BOY FROM OZ during intermission re: One Musical

Pinky Profile Photo
Pinky
#24re: One Musical
Posted: 6/28/04 at 7:05pm

It's too tought to pick one...today I say Miss Saigon...but tomorrow I'll say Wicked...

I think Les Mis is a great choice too

Penn State Forever!!!!

Videos