I FOUND SOME WICKED PHOTOs

broadwayguy2
#0I FOUND SOME WICKED PHOTOs
Posted: 6/16/03 at 3:42am

I found a few pictures from Wicked. Just scroll down the page.
Int'l Wizard of Oz club message board

Belter
#1Wow!!
Posted: 6/16/03 at 4:00am

Cool!!

theaterbuff
#2re: Wow!!
Posted: 6/16/03 at 7:13am

This makes me look forward to it even more!

TheaterBuff

I LOVE NEW YORK THEATER!

Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex Profile Photo
Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex
#3re: I FOUND SOME WICKED PHOTOs
Posted: 6/16/03 at 8:51am

Well done Holmes! Great sleuth work!!

My perfect day would begin at on the beach in Hana, Maui and end at a Broadway Musical.

broadwayguy2
#4re: re: I FOUND SOME WICKED PHOTOs
Posted: 6/16/03 at 8:53am

::cockney accent. waving pipe:: elementary my dear watson. it was simple deduction, naturally. wicked as an 'oz' show, so the obvious choice would be to look on the oz club website. I can't believe it didn't occur to me sooner.

#5Fans of Oz possible reaction to Wicked
Posted: 6/16/03 at 9:13am

It was also interesting reading some of the posts on that Oz site thread. I have wondered if Wicked will encounter some resistance from the fans of Oz since it tampers with The Wizard of Oz's happiest of endings.

For example, if someone remade "It's a Wonderful Life" with Groege Bailey (JIMMY STEWART) as a Bad Guy and Mr. Potter as the Hero, there would be public outrage!

My perfect day would begin at on the beach in Hana, Maui and end at a Broadway Musical.

broadwayguy2
#6re: Fans of Oz possible reaction to Wicked
Posted: 6/16/03 at 9:19am

I know, so of them think that MGM is the antichrist because in the movie, Oz is a dream world and not a reality like in the Baum book.

slw
#7re: re: Fans of Oz possible reaction to Wicked
Posted: 6/16/03 at 11:19am

Is there a cast recording of this yet/ or will there be one???

#8re: re: re: Fans of Oz possible reaction to Wicked
Posted: 6/16/03 at 11:29am

I'm sure there will be a cast recording, but my guess is not until after the Broadway opening this Fall. Under then those who have seen the show will just have to hymm from memory.

slw
#9re: re: re: re: Fans of Oz possible reaction to Wicked
Posted: 6/16/03 at 11:39am

Well that's a bummer- I think they should release them first. I love knowing all the music when I see a show

#10re: Music from Wicked
Posted: 6/16/03 at 12:01pm

My guess is that there will still be some significant scene and score changes before Wicked opens on Broadway, so I'm sure they wouldn't want to put anything final out until they think they have it right. There are two songs in particular that I loved and would love to have avaliable, "Popular" and "Defying Gravity".

BillyLawlor Profile Photo
BillyLawlor
#11The Pictures
Posted: 6/16/03 at 3:22pm

The pictures are amazing. Idina and Kristen look perfect. I cannot WAIT for this show to come to Broadway.

Standing O Profile Photo
Standing O
#12re: Glinda Rising
Posted: 6/16/03 at 5:35pm

I just wanted to see if this Wicked photo would upload.

Cool!

broadwayguy2
#13re: re: Glinda Rising
Posted: 6/16/03 at 5:36pm

i saved the photos to my computer :)

#14re: Glinda Rising
Posted: 6/16/03 at 5:39pm

Wicked!! Since the thumbnail photo is so small, perhaps you can crop the photo for more a close up of Glinda. Just a thought!

Deannaizme Profile Photo
Deannaizme
#15re: re: Glinda Rising
Posted: 6/16/03 at 5:41pm

I just took a look at those photos. Very cool. She really is a lovely shade of green, isn't she? :)

#16Idina
Posted: 6/16/03 at 7:06pm

Idina looks freaky!

broadwayguy2
#17re: Idina
Posted: 6/16/03 at 7:16pm

i am relly looing forward to wicked.

Deannaizme Profile Photo
Deannaizme
#18re: re: Idina
Posted: 6/16/03 at 7:20pm

I think a lot of people are looking forward to this one. I'm really regretting the fact that I won't be able to see it while it's here in San Francisco.

#19re: ?
Posted: 6/16/03 at 8:14pm

Out of curiosity, if you're in the San Francisco area why don't you go see Wicked before it departs after the 29th?

MsNina
#20wicked
Posted: 6/16/03 at 9:53pm

Someone want to go see Wicked with me again?
I don't want it to leave the city, I really enjoy the fact that the Cheno is just over the bridge....

broadwayguy2
#21re: wicked
Posted: 6/16/03 at 11:15pm

More photos.
You know the drill. Click the thing that says 'more photos'.

It says Kristin is a lock for the Tony.
Wicked in Contra Costa Times Updated On: 6/16/03 at 11:15 PM

#22re: re: wicked
Posted: 6/17/03 at 12:03am

Both Kristin and Idina are great! Kristen does have an advantage because her character Glinda is out in front so much and her part has so many cute lines. On the other hand, Idina's role is much darker but you start epathizing with her character as the story progresses.

If things do happen to progress well for Wicked and eventually these ladies are given consideration for a Tony, I would lean towards Idina for her portrayal of Elphaba.

broadwayguy2
#23re: re: re: wicked
Posted: 6/17/03 at 10:46pm

Talkin Broadway's review has two pics.
talkin Broadway -- wicked

BillyLawlor Profile Photo
BillyLawlor
#24re: re: re: re: wicked
Posted: 6/18/03 at 9:39pm

Broadwayguy- those are awesome. The second seems like the original Wizard of Oz with Idina in the black pointy hat black robe costume. I honestly can't wait for this show!!!!!

Videos