Leaving Hairspray...

Ebonic_Singer
#0Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/24/04 at 11:59pm

Since Clarke Thorrell is leaving Hairspray do you think John Jeffrey Martin will take his place since he's he understudy??

ct402
#1re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 12:01am

clarke thorell? he left like six months ago...

blah blah blah blah blah blah

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#2re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 12:51am

you Jan 11th 2004 was his last show, I was there lol.

He was replaced by Jonathan Dokuchitz..

who has been out a few times this past month and the time I was there Peter Matthew Smith went on for him

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#3re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 9:24am

um lol... thats all i have to say.

broadwayguy2
#4re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 11:09am

**broadwayguy goes and plays with Hairspray cast members**

Eyemakeup3 Profile Photo
Eyemakeup3
#5re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 11:18am

Jeff Martin rules as Link, but don't count out Power Serge, the gang at the Neil Simon are well stocked on Link Larkins, and Peter Matthew Smith know just how to sell Corny with a smile and a song.

"Real friends are very special, but you have to be careful because sometimes you have a friend and you think they are made of rock, then suddenly you realise they're only made of sand." Maria Callas (American soprano. 1923-1977)

broadwayguy2
#6re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 11:22am

amen! Hairsprasy has ALWAYS has flawless Link understudies... Adam and John to Serge and Jeff... Jeff is the last Broadway 'Link' I have yet to see.. my last Link was the divine Serge... he was a WONDERFUL Link... and he was SUCH anice guy as well!

#7re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 12:03pm

richard was a great link! and liz larsen was great prudy!

Ebonic_Singer
#8re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 12:23pm

oops!!! Wrong corny! Oh well--yeah I saw Liz twice and Prudy, except for harvey's last show

Ebonic_Singer
#9re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 12:24pm

I didn't finish. She was awsome--I almost liked Liz more. But I'd love to see John as Link.

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#10re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 12:37pm

wow thats funnny 8 months after he left you ask...i would die to see jjm as link but i have no luck i have seen 3 hairspray studies..shoshana bean tracy which was awesome, peter matthew smith as corny he was ok..and brooke tansley as penny ..no comment there

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

#11re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 12:50pm

yay liz fans!

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#12re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 1:03pm

I liked Liz better as Velma then I did as Prudy.. not saying I didn't like her as Prudy just that I liked her in the velma role better.

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

Emutional Profile Photo
Emutional
#13re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 1:05pm

I saw Hairspray on 7/17/04, i donno who was playing Corny. Corny is one of my favorite roles on broadway...if I were a guy, that's what i'd want to play as my first broadway role.

I don't think this Corny Collins was very good. Well, I shouldn't say that...as good as Clarke on the OBCR. He just didn't have that...pizzazz, ya know?

I did LOVE carly though. wow.

#14re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 1:07pm

did anyone else think kathy was a great tracy? she had that young exuberant vibe, and like she really cared about her mother.

Crazy4MattMorrison52
#15re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 1:15pm

i saw kathy as tracy i dont think she had alot of engery of at least not as much as marissa jaret winokur or carly jibson. kathy briers tracys voice was kinda annoying after a while

Updated On: 8/25/04 at 01:15 PM

#16re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 1:30pm

yeah but...carly doesn't have a whiny voice or nasally like marissa or kathy...and i liked that. thats how i thought all tracys should be. she LOOKED like a really good tracy too though.

broadwayguy2
#17re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 2:23pm

carly combined my favorite qualities... she is VERY young, she has that youthful exhuberance, she has an ADORABLE face, and she has a voice that at times reminds me of Shoshana.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#18re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 3:02pm

BG2,

I am VERY young (sam age as Carly in fact, 19), I have a youthful exuberance, and adorable face (well...on my good days)....and voice that reminds people of Matt Morrison re: Leaving Hairspray... I wanna be Carly's Link. I have now fulfilled my mandatory "I wanna be Link post of the day". You may continue...

Akiva

broadwayguy2
#19re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 3:18pm

very true Wannabe, I can vouch for the first two.. I shall have to hear the voice sometime.. carly isn't available, but I am! LOL.

Link Larkin Wanabe
#20re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 3:21pm

BG2,

I really never saw you as th Tracy type.

Akiva

broadwayguy2
#21re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 3:23pm

I can pretend!

Link Larkin Wanabe
#22re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 3:32pm

Hah...by the way...did you ever get the audio fixed on you computer and listen to my song?

Akiva

Crazy4MattMorrison52
#23re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 3:33pm

does anyone know where there or clips or just audios of carly as tracy?

broadwayguy2
#24re: Leaving Hairspray...
Posted: 8/25/04 at 3:35pm

the NY1 website did a video feature when they had the press at the show in may....... there are clips of the current cast there.

Videos