Audition Song Help!

CampB'wayBaby Profile Photo
CampB'wayBaby
#0Audition Song Help!
Posted: 9/2/04 at 9:56pm

I have an audition this month for a reading of a new musical. They are looking for and Ashlee Simpson or Gwen Stefanie type charecter with a rock belt(which I have dont worry). I was just wondering if you had any suggestions for uptempo rock songs.

For the love of Oz!

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#1re: Audition Song Help!
Posted: 9/2/04 at 9:57pm

What is your range

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

CampB'wayBaby Profile Photo
CampB'wayBaby
#2re: Audition Song Help!
Posted: 9/2/04 at 10:03pm

I am a mezzo soprano belt! I can sing defying gravity and all of the songs in Wicked for Elphaba without straining, and my usual audition songs are "Home" from B&TB and "My Strongest Suit" From Aida and "I know the truth" From Aida. But they specifically asked for no musical theatre.

For the love of Oz!

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#3re: Audition Song Help!
Posted: 9/2/04 at 10:13pm

Kate from MTC's "Wild Party."
"City of Angels" I don't know the character names, but I know there are some sultry songs in that show.
Cathy from "The Last 5 Years"
I agree with "My Stongest Suit" from "Aida", or "I Know the Truth"

Break a leg!

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

musicgal04 Profile Photo
musicgal04
#4re: Audition Song Help!
Posted: 9/2/04 at 10:22pm

I find it interesting that Ashlee Simpson is already has a type. Sorry just wanted to say that.

VoiceofReason Profile Photo
VoiceofReason
#5re: Audition Song Help!
Posted: 9/2/04 at 10:34pm

search the boards, or scan down, there's a whole post
but any of the above suggestions are good too!

For heaven's sake, don't try to be cynical. It's perfectly easy to be cynical. ~The Importance of Being Earnest~

MusicMan
#6re: Audition Song Help!
Posted: 9/2/04 at 11:33pm

Let me get this right: you're auditioning for a new musical but you're not allowed to audition with ANY musical theatre material? These people sound like idiots.

JohnnyTlover216
#7re: Audition Song Help!
Posted: 9/3/04 at 3:05pm

Well, when you're auditioning for "RENT" they don't let you sing any theatre songs because it's an "upbeat show", not so much a classical theatre type show- you know?

Ruv and hate, they like to brothers, who go on a date

Mattio98
#8re: Audition Song Help!
Posted: 9/3/04 at 3:12pm

Maybe Fallin' by Alicia Keyes?

Videos