News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jacobtsf

jacobtsf Profile Photo
Member Name: jacobtsf
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Profile: Currently goes to a NYC college.

Lives in the Pocono Mountains of PA.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?  Mar 18 2024, 10:17:44 AM

The BWW article includes this:

This is the first announced event to occupy the newly remodeled Palace Theatre, but there could be other events that might take place before the residency.

Donny Osmond returning to JOSEPH  Feb 21 2024, 09:45:52 AM

CJRochester said: "In what role? ;)"

The Pharaoh

Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End  Feb 6 2024, 06:47:58 AM

I am torn. 

I am thrilled Tom Holland is returning to live theatre, but does it have to be with Jamie Lloyd directing???

I can already see it, the set will be a single chair and everyone will be covered in blood at the end. 

I’m just frustrated. This is going to be so many people’s first live theatre show (I will give Lloyd credit for this, he makes sure to have tons of affordable tickets for those who otherwise could never af

Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End  Feb 6 2024, 06:41:59 AM

Tom Holland will lead the Jamie LloydCompany's new West End production of Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet. Tom Holland will take on the role of Romeo, in the production directed by Jamie Lloyd.

Romeo & Juliet runs at the Duke of York’s Theatre, Saturday 11 May – Saturday 3 August 2024!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Tom-Holland-Will-Star-in-ROMEO-JULIET-in-Londons-West-End-20240206

Leslie Odom, Jr. sets Broadway return in revival of PURLIE VICTORIOUS, directed by Kenny Leon.  Jun 15 2023, 08:13:36 AM

More Information.

Previews will begin on Thursday, September 7, 2023, with the opening date to be announced at a later date.  The production will play at The Music Box Theatre (239 West 45th St.).  

The complete cast includes: Vanessa Bell Calloway (Dreamgirls) as “Idella Landy”, Billy Eugene Jones(Fat Ham) as “Gitlow Judson”, Noah Pyzik (Addy & Uno) as “Deputy”, Noah  Robbins (To Kill a Mockingbird) as “Charlie Cotchipee”, Jay O. Sanders (Primary Trust) as “Ol’ Cap’n Cotchipee”, Heather Alicia Simms (Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike) as “Missy Judson”, Bill Timoney (Network) as  “Sheriff” and Tony Award nominee Kara Young (Cost of Living, Clyde’s) as “Lutiebelle Gussie Mae Jenkins”. 

Direction is by Tony Award winner Kenny Leon (Topdog/Underdog, A Soldier’s Play, A Raisin in the Sun). 

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Tony-Award-WinnerLeslie-Odom-JrTo-Return-ToBroadway-InPURLIE-VICTORIOUSA-NON-CONFEDERATE-ROMP-THROUGH-THE-COTTON-PATCH-20230615

RENT at Papermill - anyone seen it yet?  Jun 14 2023, 02:36:14 PM

I saw the matinee this past Saturday, and am remembering that it is the first week of previews of a brand new production (with a lot of new tech elements) while writing this.

Like I said above, it is not your typical production of Rent, there are nods to the original direction, but it is all very new. The set has a bunch of TVs (blocky ones from the early 90s) all over, as well as walls that can be projected on. This led to some really cool moments, like seeing visions of April during

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway  May 17 2023, 04:47:06 PM

PianoMann said: "This is absolutely the way it played when I saw the show last month, as Todd and Lovett enjoying their own humor. It, to me, read nothing like the Hugh and Sutton break, do a soft-shoe, head-in-hands giggling from Music Man."

Hopefully it has changed since I saw it in late previews, but there was nothing in character about the break when I saw it. Thank you for reminding me about The Music Man, I was trying to think of the other show that employed th

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway  May 17 2023, 01:49:41 PM

Fordham2015 said: "Josh and Annaleigh are both fantastic- they broke at one moment during Priest (the "privates" bit) and it was fantastic."

They didn't break. This moment is part of the direction and it is absolutely terrible. It takes the audience out of the show for no reason, and is a stupid bit of direction any time it is used (I felt the same way when I first saw it used in Hairspray). Sondheim's words are more than funny enough, the director

The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)  May 2 2023, 09:15:27 AM

Sound Design for Sweeney is the biggest "huh???" out of the entire list.

Oliver ticket for 5/4, 7 pm  Apr 27 2023, 12:14:52 PM

Not the huge names I was hoping for, but Andrea Burns is always great, and Shereen Ahmed was wonderful in A Man of No Importance at CSC.

Todd Haimes has passed  Apr 19 2023, 10:12:06 PM

Robbie516 said: "So sad…RIP…any word on who will take over? I would think Scott Ellis"

From the email they sent:

”We are deeply grateful to Scott Ellis, who has worked by Todd’s side for over 30 years as Deputy Artistic Director, who is stepping in as Interim Artistic Director to help shepherd us through along with the rest of the Roundabout team.”

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread  Mar 26 2023, 04:25:57 PM

broadwayboy223 said: "I kinda shudder to hear that someone thought Ruthie of all people didn't work in this vanity revival for Groban. Ruthie was one of the FEW people giving a real and interesting performance."

Maybe there was just something off yesterday afternoon, but that just wasn’t the case (and I so wanted it to be).

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread  Mar 26 2023, 08:21:38 AM

Piparoo said: "Ashford’s vocals in the first act were often, but not uniformly too quiet - it almost sounded like she wasn’t projecting during certain passages and seemed intentional. Likewise with Gaten during the final scene of act two."

They are definitely tinkering with the sound, because it was the exact opposite at the matinee, where her microphone was hot during Act One, and low during Act Two

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread  Mar 26 2023, 08:16:54 AM

My wife and I saw yesterday’s matinee. 

I first fell in love with this show while watching the Doyle production, and the last time I had watched Sweeney on Broadway I had a standing room ticket and Sondheim himself stood next to me for the second half of Act 2, with a huge smile on his face the entire time.

I went into this revival hopeful, but worried. We had seats in the center of row G in the rear mezzanine. starting with criticisms (there

SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting  Feb 24 2023, 10:38:11 PM

A nice little interview with Jordan Fisher and Maria Bilbano 

https://broadwaydirect.com/sweeney-todd-stars-jordan-fisher-maria-bilbano-prepare-to-tell-the-tale/?fbclid=IwAR3nJg8v-llrKD6P0KxAMRB7d1qjyFnitYERh0sOVDnf1RyMNGnHfMOMl3U&mibextid=unz460

Any news on DEAR WORLD casting?  Feb 8 2023, 10:33:00 AM

Putting roles to the names Taffy listed

Joining previously announced Donna Murphy as Countess Aurelia are Brooks Ashmanskas (President), Andréa Burns (Constance), Christopher Fitzgerald (Sewerman), Ann Harada (Gabrielle), Kody Jauron (Artiste), Phillip Johnson Richardson (Julian), Samantha Williams (Nina).

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Andra-Burns-Christopher-Fitzgerald-Ann-Harada-and-More-Join-DEAR-WORLD-at-City-Center-Encores-20230208

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 14 2022, 09:23:51 AM

binau said: "So 'Best Score' doesn't get televised but 'Best Book' does? Can't really remember what has happened in the past but interesting."

I'm not sure if it is still in effect but a few years ago the American Theatre Wing made an agreement to alternate televising either Best Book or Best Score and having the other be given off screen.

Encores! 2023 Production hints???  Jun 14 2022, 08:19:59 AM

Jack Viertel wanted to do Dear World many many times, but Jerry Herman (and I am assuming later his estate) would only let him do the rewriitten version, which is designed more as a chamber musical with a very small cast and no ensemble. Viertel did not wish to present that version of Dear World (I have looked into producing Dear World myself and I am really not a fan of the new version).

I am sure they will put together a great cast, and I am looking forward to seeing the show, but I

MCC’s Miscast22 Now Available to Stream  May 22 2022, 10:29:05 PM

A donation of $30 gets you access to the show! I just finished watching it, and Raul Esparza’s reactions to his fellow performers is worth at least $30. The cast is filled with some crazy talent this year. 

http://mcc.theater/miscast22broadcast

Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade  May 17 2022, 12:13:15 PM

Looks like it is connected to the production Roundabout was working on a few years ago

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/BWW-Exclusive-Ben-Platt-Michaela-Diamond-More-Lead-Michael-Arden-Helmed-PARADE-Reading-20181227

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You